Review Round 17, 2022: Box Hill Hawks v Werribee Tigers, 16 July 2022, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

20 points down going into time-on in the 4th - great win. Stood by the bench for the last qtr, epic vibes.

Thought Jeka was mostly great defensively, couple of lapses but it's a new role. Box Hill were trying to free him up and use him on the way out a lot. He did that well, and also made a lot of spoils in contests. One or two strong intercepts.

Liked Lynch's game too. Competed hard around the ground, took a lot of great marks, and rucked really well (on the odd occasion when the umpire's bounce gave the rucks a chance).

20 points down going into time-on in the 4th - great win. Stood by the bench for the last qtr, epic vibes.

Thought Jeka was mostly great defensively, couple of lapses but it's a new role. Box Hill were trying to free him up and use him on the way out a lot. He did that well, and also made a lot of spoils in contests. One or two strong intercepts.

Liked Lynch's game too. Competed hard around the ground, took a lot of great marks, and rucked really well (on the odd occasion when the umpire's bounce gave the rucks a chance).

Saw lynch do a couple of nice tap ons instead of marking around the ground too

Max Lynch, Liam Shiels, Fergus Greene and Emerson Jeka best for us IMO.

Ollie Hanrahan was brilliant for them.

Cold day at Box Hill City Oval … still thawing out.

love to have Greene on our list

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
One of those things where a supplementary list group could really help… like the Covid tops up just a group of five or six over age guys at box hill we can dip into occasionally. Instead most guys career’s are decided before they’re 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Otto's view
I just don't understand how Greene can't find a spot on an AFL list. He has an uncommon knack for finding the goals, I know it's only the VFL level but it's arguably harder to find the goals consistently at that level due to the variety in opposition quality, ground quality and conditions. The past 2 seasons he's played 20 games, and has only had a single game not hitting the scoreboard. He's kicked 62.25 in the past 20 games.

I just don't understand how Greene can't find a spot on an AFL list. He has an uncommon knack for finding the goals, I know it's only the VFL level but it's arguably harder to find the goals consistently at that level due to the variety in opposition quality, ground quality and conditions. The past 2 seasons he's played 20 games, and has only had a single game not hitting the scoreboard. He's kicked 62.25 in the past 20 games.
Because he is like David Mirra an outstanding VFL player but just not good enough at AFL level or at least he is been judged to be so

He def deserves another shot at it. Been ultra consistent and just keeps showing an uncanny knack of kicking clutch goals and taking marks. Long arms and genuine class kick for goal. Whether he gets it or not is the question. Would have been great for him if he was called up as a covid top up for us at AFL level and performed well.

I did notice against Southport who are a very strong side he was not able to get off the leash anywhere near as much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back