Review Round 17, GWS Giants vs Geelong, Saturday July 25th, 1.45pm, Startrack Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
This should be a cracker of a game.

We've been playing well since the bye and seem to have sorted out the structural problems caused by injuries to key players. Soon, we might only be missing Mumford and Shiel from our best line up.

What got us over the line against the Suns was effort, not accuracy, but that can't go on forever because we're sure to get exposed by better teams.

The game against the Cats in Canberra has come at a good time. A former heavyweight that still has enough grunt to put up a fight. They would be an important scalp.

Provided Matt Buntine's OK, probably no need to make any big changes this week. Just lots of goal kicking practice.

Thoughts?

We're booked on the bus. Anyone else going down for the game?

In with a real chance. Always play well against the cats - should be a real close game/win.

We're booked on the bus. Anyone else going down for the game?

In with a real chance. Always play well against the cats - should be a real close game/win.
We always go for the Canberra games, tend to stay and make a weekend of it. Can't wait for next week.

Yeah if bunts is out then joel comes straight in ... If bunts is good to play then Williams might get the vest and curtly gets dropped

We always go for the Canberra games, tend to stay and make a weekend of it. Can't wait for next week.
Ditto, we book all our East Hotel rooms the night the fixture is released, have done for 3 years now, Canberra is a great place to spend time, so it's more than a footy game trip for us :)

Yeah if bunts is out then joel comes straight in ... If bunts is good to play then Williams might get the vest and curtly gets dropped

Surely Zac has done enough now to avoid vests? Pretty keen on Curtly being given a decent run also, really we just need 8 man benches and we are fine :)

You can't have it all tho... Obviously patfull come back when fit

So what's your solution?

An 8 man bench, clearly..

If I were picking the team, I'd swap Downie for Phillips, Joel for Buntine, send Tomlinson fwd for mcCarthy and bring in Barrett as sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But if curtly stays the sub and patful comes in then someone like Williams will get dropped

Personally I don't think Williams deserves to be dropped

But if curtly stays the sub and patful comes in then someone like Williams will get dropped

Personally I don't think Williams deserves to be dropped

Depends on how Buntine's head is feeling during the week. Might be rested on that making room for Patfull without having to drop Zac.

Huge game, a win would make finals a near certainty.

+1 to Williams to not be sub, has been incredible for the last month. There's gonna be some unlucky guys in the next couple of weeks. Be interesting to see what set up they go with when the General is back. I've liked the fwd line with Lobb in it, his ruck work still has some work to do but much prefer it to what Stewart was giving us.

Finals an open race so I don't think they will be confirmed if we win, but it is a vital game if we want to have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General feeling seems to be that Sunshine needs a rest. I can't help but think he'd do alright against the Cats backline. Stewart looks a chance to fit back in. Hopefully his confidence has returned.

Barrett needs a chance in the seniors and this game is a good a chance as any, however the only changes I see is Buntine out and Barrett isn't a like for like replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back