Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

None of that is true. Reluctant (bordering on difficult) media and appearance participant but that is about it off field. Doesn't seem that way up here so I'd say it was more environment related
Oh, I don’t believe it for a second. Just saying the narrative on their board is changing a little.

He was let go for butting heads with Dew.

He was let go for salary cap reasons.

He was let go for character issues.

At the ground Hipwood looked very hindered with his running - could get nowhere near his top speed and really affected his game. I would not be surprised if we rest him against the Hawks. Borderline liability, and that's not meant to be offensive to Hippy but we absolutely need to be sure he'll be fully fit before next weeks game or there is no point risking him.

We can do better. Must get selection right. WE ARE PLAYING FINALS SOON AND FAGAN NEEDS TO ADOPT A NO PASSENGERS POLICY.
I reckon he probably has it under control,more than you,and probably a lot more than me

At the ground Hipwood looked very hindered with his running - could get nowhere near his top speed and really affected his game. I would not be surprised if we rest him against the Hawks. Borderline liability, and that's not meant to be offensive to Hippy but we absolutely need to be sure he'll be fully fit before next weeks game or there is no point risking him.
Yes Hippy just looked slow.. be interesting if lack of training or knee.. If knee then rest him from Tassie cold.

I reckon he probably has it under control,more than you,and probably a lot more than me
Totally agree. Loved watching him go to Lyons after the game. Super coaching moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answorth is a gun just quietly.
Thought he had an interesting game.

Did some really good things (as he's regulalry been doing) and all had some howlers at really critical moments. All up though, it is great experience for him, particularly learning under the watchful eyes of Hodge.

Was noticeable on tv too. There was one instance with an open ball heading towards boundary and his ability to not accelerate like he usually does was very noticeable. Made me wonder if we'd precipitated bringing him back but he was able to have some efforts beyond that. Gotta think it was determined like leaving him on ground that it wouldn't impact him but he was able to offer efforts others on the list couldn't.

We smashed them in every other way bar the scoreboard with 24 more inside 50’s, 12 more scoring shots and 29 more contested possessions but great to see boys stuck at it and got the 4 points.

Must admit, thought it was really baffling why we went with him tonight, obviously really hindered, although you would no doubt have noticed more being at the ground.

North board absolutely going off.

If their Brown free kick was given at the same time in the game as Oscars was they'd be saying its just part of the game, odd umpire calls.

Wonder why they'd even bother focusing on the umpires in a loss where they were lucky to even be in it considering it was 27 scoring shots to 15 and the 3rd quarter was completely one way.

North board absolutely going off.

If their Brown free kick was given at the same time in the game as Oscars was they'd be saying its just part of the game, odd umpire calls.
I paid it a visit until i read someone advocating flooding the 'campaigner mcinerny's instagram'... good golly :eek: Hes a 2m gangly guy at the end of 4qtrs.. the only dive tonight really was Zorko earlier on.
That will teach me to venture outside this safe space of fellow Lions supporters ;)

I was a bit worried with our constant bombing in, didn't think crumbers were as effective as we would like earlier on, but I'm sure Fages will focus on how we steadily took the lead back.

Back