Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

North board absolutely going off.

If their Brown free kick was given at the same time in the game as Oscars was they'd be saying its just part of the game, odd umpire calls.

One dickhead even suggested going onto O's twitter page, or insta don't remember don't care, and asking north fans to dog pile calling him a cheat and fully having a go at him. Seriously, what a ******* twit. If that's the calibre of fan they've got then I'm glad I don't support their s**t club.

Poor Oscar getting hammered on his personal Instagram account by North fans. They really have no class.

I saw a few posts on the Norf board about that... apparently he’s a “cheat”. Fair dinkum.

He had Scott Thompson barrel into him - of course he’s likely to go to ground!

It wasn’t a free. But neither was that abysmal ruck free to Brown.

Umpiring was atrocious all night. Absolutely inept, both ways.

We got more free kicks - no surprise when Norf are playing “unsociable” football.

We also had significantly more inside 50’s, clearances, contested possessions, and scoring shots...

Must admit, thought it was really baffling why we went with him tonight, obviously really hindered, although you would no doubt have noticed more being at the ground.

Honestly surprised he was played assuming the club knew that would be his output. Walker or Ballenden would have offered more and that's in no way potting Hippy. He battled very hard and played Beith a lot of heart.

I understand being frustrated by the Big O free but he did get a big shove before the ball arrived. Those get paid a fair bit even if he made the most of it.

Hard to take it seriously when the ruck contest free got them back into the game and was totally ridiculous.

Also if you want to win maybe have more than 15 scoring shots.

One dickhead even suggested going onto O's twitter page, or insta don't remember don't care, and asking north fans to dog pile calling him a cheat and fully having a go at him. Seriously, what a ******* twit. If that's the calibre of fan they've got then I'm glad I don't support their s**t club.

Just checked his Instagram and yes, they are going nuts on it. I put a comment but wont change anything.

North are the brown brown of the AFL, it really is hard to give a $&@$ about them. Nobody really loves them, no one really hates them, they are just there. If they trying to blame the umps they are delusional.

Was a terrible game, yet we still won....these boys can do anything.

...and all those "passengers" have been a valuable cog in this team all year. They all play their part whether it be big or small .....or even just one moment in the game, it has all been part of this winning team of ours.

Fages and co know what they are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good win in the end, it wasn't spectacular but it was a slog, nothing wrong with winning ugly from time to time.
Would of been dissapointed if we lost to a team of plodders like North.

The call to play Adams (based on potential) over Lester (career best form) was huge, but it really paid dividends towards the end of the game - Adams repelled everything that came his way.

Dizzy also delivered in spades which is what we've become accustomed to, but his game cannot be understated.

Both of the above allowed Harris to be Harris and that was the difference in many ways.

I paid it a visit until i read someone advocating flooding the 'campaigner mcinerny's instagram'... good golly :eek: Hes a 2m gangly guy at the end of 4qtrs.. the only dive tonight really was Zorko earlier on.

One would think that Oscar paid the free to himself by that logic.

Bet they have nothing to say about the soft free paid to Brown moments earlier despite Oscar's perfect ruck craft.;)

Back