Preview Round 18, 2021: Hawks v Dees, MCG 7:25pm Sat'd 17th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Lewis????
Is this like an apology to the guy.

Bligh me, my knowledge of football must be wrong because teams in our position will generally play a kid or two
at this time of year, Hanrhan should be given another shot to put some difference in the midfield.
:rolleyes:
Lewis is 22 he is a kid.

Hanrahan lacks the fitness level to play AFL midfield, he would go full hindenburg by quarter time.

at this point are people really complaining about selection? we have like 30 ppl on our list left, 2nd last on the ladder, a coach leaving and reports (true or not) of issues with direction, pretty much all our best young players injured..

and to those saying we aren't playing the kids?

Reeves, Nash (yes I know, but hopefully this time in a new role), Moore, DGB, Greaves, Bramble, Worpel, Jeka, Kosi, Lewis, Brockman

literally half of our team 22 and under, and that's without arguably the best 3 in Day, CJ and Scrimshaw... any more we'd be fielding a ******* VFL side. We already pretty much are

I think it is more the dynamic of the team
Forwards could have Lewis, Kosi, Jeka, O'Brien and a resting ruck
Backline make up of Hartigan, Frost and DGB.

It just seems so unbalanced with talls
Was thinking O'brien would go back but then we would have 4 talls back there. Selection doesnt make sense when we are slow already and Melbourne defenders are great at cutting off our long slow bombs forward.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Possibly but that means there are 4 talls in the backline

Frost can play small. O'Brien is at least as quick and mobile as Scrimshaw. DGB has played on smalls in juniors and WAFL and tested very well for agility. I'm more worried about run from defense but we don't have anyone other than Bramble that can fill that atm.

It does look a bit tall but I'm excited to see Reeves back and see Jeka, Kosi and Lewis compete for a spot on a level playing field. You can approach it in a negative or positive way, I don't see the point of going negative. I mean, swap out Lewis for Cousins or Morris and what does it really do for our chances Vs Melbourne? Not much...

That would have to be one of the tallest sides in AFL history if we go in as selected. Surely Jai or Cuz are a late in for team balance.

Would’ve loved Downie, Finn or Saunders to get a crack but hopefully that will come. Better bring the lube on Saturday.

I expect us to lose and probably quite heavily but the selected team won't be the cause. Throw in more completely untried kids and I fear for their confidence. Need to accept that until more of our better players are available AND we have a better pool of better players, this happens. Try and find something to learn and enjoy frpmmeach game, it's easier that way.

Btw, I'm not an apologist for coach, club or any player - just accept where we are and what we currently have and looking forward to future successes.

No issue with Reeves coming in.

I wanted Lewis to get another go but odd that it's happening with Kosi, Big Boy and Jeka named.

TOB fills a need I guess.

But far out. Melbourne have quality smalls up forward and mids who can push down and be dangerous. I would have been playing Newcombe without a second thought considering the weather forecast and opponent.
Wouldn't have minded Finn in a run-with on Oliver or Trac and Shiels being managed.

good luck guys!
excited to see how frosty goes against his old side.
Think he'll have to play a blinder for you guys to win, Cj, Day, Impey, Scrimshaw all very important to your scoring so Frost will have to carry the load in attacking from the back half. He'll kill Brown if he gets the match up, if you see Hartigan on Brown it's gg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartigan, Frost, DGB & O’Brien feels too tall down back.
McEvoy, Koschitzke, Jeka & Lewis feels too tall up forward.
We haven’t really changed up the midfield that got destroyed (although Nash may finally be played there).

Feels very unbalanced. But we were probably going to lose regardless of selection.

As cryptor said last week,

I don't know why people bother winding themselves up so tightly over the selected teams. It's already done, accept it. We're 2nd last on the ladder and no chance of making finals.

For the next ~36 or so hours just let yourself enjoy the slight possibility that Nash might finally click at AFL level and have discovered a dominant position for the next 5+ years. And if you're that much of a wet blanket that you can't give yourself that then perhaps just be happy that Reeves and Lewis are back in.

We have 3 players in the top 20 cross the league for tackles inside the 50.
2 one of which is named on the wing. Forward pressure is more of a team thing than just tackles though. Easy to get tackles during forward 50 stoppages.

But as soon as the ball hits the ground from an inside 50 dees will run it out with little issue.

good luck guys!
excited to see how frosty goes against his old side.
Think he'll have to play a blinder for you guys to win, Cj, Day, Impey, Scrimshaw all very important to your scoring so Frost will have to carry the load in attacking from the back half. He'll kill Brown if he gets the match up, if you see Hartigan on Brown it's gg.
If we get within 6 goals of you I'll be happy.

As cryptor said last week,

I don't know why people bother winding themselves up so tightly over the selected teams. It's already done, accept it. We're 2nd last on the ladder and no chance of making finals.

For the next ~36 or so hours just let yourself enjoy the slight possibility that Nash might finally click at AFL level and have discovered a dominant position for the next 5+ years. And if you're that much of a wet blanket that you can't give yourself that then perhaps just be happy that Reeves and Lewis are back in.
I dreamed a dream;

1. Nash playing in the middle and having a breakout game on Petracca/Oliver
2. Ned having the better of Gawn in ruck and drifting forward for a couple of goals from contested marks
3. Jeka getting on the end of pinpoint passes and kicking a bag on May
4. Brocky tackling like a demon and kicking the goal of the year
5. Denver cutting off forward entries for fun and duly pantsing Brown and McDonald in the process
6. Brambles continuing his upward trajectory and winning 40 touches and a swag of clearances

I will be happy with 4 out of 6. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back