AFL Autopsy Round 19: 5 goal loss to Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

You post with a lot of authority Lance, and to use phrases like "self flagellating circle jerk" and whatever the wrist slitting one was is a bit superior given what you've just told me.

One person my arse.
I post with a lot of colour. I express my opinions robustly. Again, not going to apologise for that. You post what you want and I'll post what I want, how's that sound?

Feels weird arguing with Dear Leader

We did have someone on JJ the whole game, he just beat everyone he played on.

What we didn't do is rough him up like everyone else has.
That's what I'm talking about. We know that JJ lowers his confidence when he gets heavily tagged.

I guess we haven't done a heavy tag with Woosha, but I'd like to see a bit of flexibility when it comes to key players (like JJ, Sloane, Zorko)

I post with a lot of colour. I express my opinions robustly. Again, not going to apologise for that. You post what you want and I'll post what I want, how's that sound?

Feels weird arguing with Dear Leader

Haha

Look I reckon I took this one badly cos for me (could be completely wrong) it meant no finals. So in my head it was a full stop of sorts. I reckon if we are total rubbish next week I'll be completely fine.

kinda tired of people posting after a lose.bagging the hell outta of players,coaches ect ect...every player has bad weeks and brain fades...the way some talk about jobe and hes gone and has to go...before this week jobe had been playing well...(show some respect)...gleesons had the best season he has had since debut,hookers been great....a lot of players have been very good...if you were at the game u would of loved the way we played...it was a ripper game but....we lost...it happens...remember we are in a rebuild phase and are all learning about each other and how they play the game...it takes time to build a dynasty... some peoples expectations are way above what they should be....hurley was a game saver yesterday but some are saying he was s..t...are u serious???..relax and enjoy the process....the boys are doing well...consistancy will happen.

Get on Sloane now for b.o.g. in a couple of weeks.
At least 30 and 2 goals...
The blueprint is there but we are too stubborn.
Hooker got run over by the Karma bus...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kinda tired of people posting after a lose.bagging the hell outta of players,coaches ect ect...every player has bad weeks and brain fades...the way some talk about jobe and hes gone and has to go...before this week jobe had been playing well...(show some respect)...gleesons had the best season he has had since debut,hookers been great....a lot of players have been very good...if you were at the game u would of loved the way we played...it was a ripper game but....we lost...it happens...remember we are in a rebuild phase and are all learning about each other and how they play the game...it takes time to build a dynasty... some peoples expectations are way above what they should be....hurley was a game saver yesterday but some are saying he was s..t...are u serious???..relax and enjoy the process....the boys are doing well...consistancy will happen.

Imagine if Big Footy was around for the '99 Prelim loss to Carlton.
The whole team would be scrapped!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

It's like people forgot that we were 15th and utter shite pre-bans. We have unearthed a lot of young talent and retained our core pre-bans. Daniher is getting better each year, Fantasia and Tippa have taken their games to a new level, Gleeson as you mentioned, Hurley has returned to his elite form etc.

Before this season, everyone was happy just to have the players back and to move on from the ASADA mess.

As for Jobe, too many people are expecting him to return to his 2012-2013 form. His inside work is still the same, but he isn't as fast or as skilled as he used to be (age kinda does that to people). The fact that we robbed him a year of his career and cost him the game's highest individual accolade means that we owe him. Not only that, but the club exposed him to a torrent of abuse that no one deserves. The least we can do for him is to let him go out the way he wants.

1. Baguley is not a spud. He may well be phased out but he has been serviceable this year, he has been serviceable his entire career and calling him a spud is not only inaccurate, it's disrespectful

2. Goddard playing twos? The guy has had basically as good a year as 2013. He was pretty good today. How on earth does that suddenly translate to him being in the magoos next year?

Actually spent most of the day in Picken ( 6 goals last week ) who had no influence - Rated Baguley 6th best player - I worry some people watch the game in a haze and have little idea of match ups.

Actually spent most of the day in Picken ( 6 goals last week ) who had no influence - Rated Baguley 6th best player - I worry some people watch the game in a haze and have little idea of match ups.

Should have concentrated on the game.

You could get a D
You'd know.

1390119331665.gif

Couldn't have put it better myself.

It's like people forgot that we were 15th and utter shite pre-bans. We have unearthed a lot of young talent and retained our core pre-bans. Daniher is getting better each year, Fantasia and Tippa have taken their games to a new level, Gleeson as you mentioned, Hurley has returned to his elite form etc.

Before this season, everyone was happy just to have the players back and to move on from the ASADA mess.

As for Jobe, too many people are expecting him to return to his 2012-2013 form. His inside work is still the same, but he isn't as fast or as skilled as he used to be (age kinda does that to people). The fact that we robbed him a year of his career and cost him the game's highest individual accolade means that we owe him. Not only that, but the club exposed him to a torrent of abuse that no one deserves. The least we can do for him is to let him go out the way he wants.
spot on also.....leave jobe alone.....i think we have done our club proud and for people to dis the guys the way they do is just wrong....there getting good...real good...but takes time...ask alistair clarkson and bomber thompson...im excited for the next 5 years

yeah nah mate , tipping that doggies loss WILL STING and badly ,we clearly had our chances to win, and threw them away.
For mine we win the last 4 and get to 13 wins with a home final first week at the G

The Sydney loss should have stung. We followed up with a loss to Brisbane at Etihad. We're not the type of team who responds to those games.

I'd say 3 wins would be a huge longshot, but 4 is just about impossible. We haven't won 4 in a row in, quite literally, years.

Get we're you're coming from, but I almost feel like you didn't watch the whole game.

As fans, we have every right to be upset with that performance, considering what was on the line and the circumstances of that game.

Hurley is a gun, and is no doubt going to be All Aust CHB - you could argue he's one of the top 10 most valuable players in the league. But how in any way was he a game saver? We lost. And he played a crap game. So did Jobe, so did Gleeson, so did Hooker. You're right, everyone has bad days, but it still sucks to see, and it sucks they all had to have one on the same day (they weren't alone, just referencing the players you touched on).

As for the rebuilding phase, I think you're off there. We have an old list and have debuted the least amount of players in the league this year. We've selected the 30-year-old over the 21-year-old every single time, irrelevant of form. The coaching panel certainly don't see it as being a rebuilding phase.

Again, I see where you're coming from in wanting to remain positive and everything, but going off Woosha and Heppell and every one else involved in the club who has said finals were the expectation this year, Sunday was damn disappointing as a Bomber's fan, I can't see how it can be viewed in any other way.

Get we're you're coming from, but I almost feel like you didn't watch the whole game.

As fans, we have every right to be upset with that performance, considering what was on the line and the circumstances of that game.

Hurley is a gun, and is no doubt going to be All Aust CHB - you could argue he's one of the top 10 most valuable players in the league. But how in any way was he a game saver? We lost. And he played a crap game. So did Jobe, so did Gleeson, so did Hooker. You're right, everyone has bad days, but it still sucks to see, and it sucks they all had to have one on the same day (they weren't alone, just referencing the players you touched on).

As for the rebuilding phase, I think you're off there. We have an old list and have debuted the least amount of players in the league this year. We've selected the 30-year-old over the 21-year-old every single time, irrelevant of form. The coaching panel certainly don't see it as being a rebuilding phase.

Again, I see where you're coming from in wanting to remain positive and everything, but going off Woosha and Heppell and every one else involved in the club who has said finals were the expectation this year, Sunday was damn disappointing as a Bomber's fan, I can't see how it can be viewed in any other way.
hurley was named in the best....certainly wasnt our worst.....i was referencing that players have bad games....and yes some had shockers against the dogs....i was saying get off there backs especially after one bad game....i know and so do u that when we are on...we are on and can match it with anyone...so we lost...does that give people a reason the cane the hell outta the players....at the end of the day there the ones out there not us....so what right have people got to cane our boys..( espcially some of the comments about jobe).......cop it on the chin and move onto next week i think...stick with them and have faith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back