AFLW Autopsy Round 2 Collingwood vs Swans @1:10pm Sunday 4th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
On the road for our second game brings us up against an experienced Magpies side. Swans will be without their # draft pick Montana Ham who was injured in the twilight minutes of our first game.

We'll have to wait for team selection as who they're going to use in the midfield to replace Ham. Either way its an opportunity for another one of our players to step up and make the most of it.

1661850909958.png

2022 round 02 header.jpg
In: Kate Reynolds (ruck) and Sarah Ford (mid fielder) will make their AFLW debuts.
Out: Montana Ham (knee) and Sarah Dargan (omitted).

Team vs Collingwood

B: Lexi Hamilton, Genevieve Lawson Tavan
HB: Ella Heads, Brenna Tarrant, Sofia Hurley
C: Molly Eastman, Lauren Szigeti, Paige Sheppard
HF: Rebecca Privitelli, Bella Smith, Kate Reynolds*
F: Aliesha Newman, Cynthia Hamilton
Foll: Ally Morphett, Brooke Lochland, Aimee Whelan
Int: Alana Woodward, Lisa Steane, Bridie Kennedy, Sarah Ford*, Sarah Skinner
Emg: Tiarne Cavanagh, Kiara Beesley, Zoe Hurrell

Fbt8jS1aUAEPgIs
Fbt8js9aAAA2-ks
Fbt8kVAaIAAeDm_
Fbt8k1saUAAgWbK

Two players caught my eye last week.

Cynthia Hamilton - high energy, tough and skillful. She will be our barometer.

Bridie Kennedy - liked her contested work, seemed very willing at the contest. Had the honour of being our first player to be reported and fined!

Two players caught my eye last week.

Cynthia Hamilton - high energy, tough and skillful. She will be our barometer.

Bridie Kennedy - liked her contested work, seemed very willing at the contest. Had the honour of being our first player to be reported and fined!
CHamilton is a little ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators are as bad as the men with their bias.

Fact: Magpie is tackled and drops the ball.

Comment: Free kick because she 'disposed the ball' and the tackle lasted too long.

Fact: Magpie has the ball and receives a hard legal tackle and the ball is dislodged.

Comment: Free kick because undisciplined action and didn't need to be that hard.

Honest. Just crap.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Commentators are as bad as the men with their bias.

Fact: Magpie is tackled and drops the ball.

Comment: Free kick because she 'disposed the ball' and the tackle lasted too long.

Fact: Magpie has the ball and receives a hard legal tackle and the ball is dislodged.

Comment: Free kick because undisciplined action and didn't need to be that hard.

Honest. Just crap.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Umpiring just as bad.

Like how our girls are using the corridor. Pies wore us down at the contest in the trial match so it's clear Gowans has decided we're not going to get caught up at the contest. Burn them on the outside and on the rebound. Just hope we can maintain it for 4 quarters

Same issues as last week, bombing long without holding up the play to our advantage. LittLe bit of inexperience showing for our forward 50 entries
Pies playing an extra tall back. If we bring it to ground, I reckon we have the foot speed to hurt them.

Last two plays the backline are ball watching. Literally standing still watching the ball as it’s coming in.
I was just going to say that. This quarter the intent at the ball is quite poor. Also the tracking of the ball on the ground has been ordinary - some girls just not reading the movement of the ball well enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back