Preview Round 2 v Port MCG Sunday 24th March 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing is that teams usually don’t make 6-7 changes in one week. Only when things are going extremely badly. He already has 3 forced changes, so overall 4 changes are enough for this week.

About the names, I see it differently. This squad tells me that Yze actually watches or considers the VFL. Clarke, Lefau, and Brown in particular were fantastic against Carlton VFL. Miller and Banks were serviceable, while Ryan won the ruck battle against Pittonet. Don’t want Ryan in yet, but the naming of each one of these players makes sense.
I wish he would watch the AFL games 😂. You’re right 3-4 changes are probably the max you would want to make. It still concerns me that these old stagers are still getting a game as they've been awful now for awhile. If we have good performers at VFL level then they must be rewarded now. Kmac in the backline I like bc he’s a contest killer , but will his DE kill us ?

Last edited:
Ryan would purely be there as insurance in case Nank cops an injury at training tomorrow. He won't play.
He’s not AFL standard at this stage of his career and is of no insurance, he needs to dominate VFL for at least this season and change his body language with more aggressiveness and positivity. If he’s insurance we are screwed.

He’s not AFL standard at this stage of his career and is of no insurance, he needs to dominate VFL for at least this season and change his body language with more aggressiveness and positivity. If he’s insurance we are screwed.
His soft like margarine can hardly mark or run around, His mum is funny though. Disappointed to see Higgins still in the seconds :( Could use him in the firsts:)

Yze has spoken about how he likes to back players in and give them a chance. I get the feeling this will be our pain point with him as a coach. Hopefully he sticks to it and drops the "favourites" unlike hardwick who kept playing them until they made mistake that made the player "dead to him" (the Caddy 150m penalty, Jake Aarts against Norf)
Tbf jake aarts mistake against Norf made him dead to everyone. Some things in professional football are inexcusable

I wish he would watch the AFL games 😂. You’re right 3-4 changes are probably the max you would want to make. It still concerns me that these old stagers are still getting a game as they've been awful now for awhile. If we have good performers at VFL level then they must be rewarded now. Kmac in the backline I like bc he’s a contest killer , but will his DE kill us ?
Yeah not sure, but I want him to pick his own group of 22 players by the end of the season. He's currently playing Hardwick's group right now, but I think he'll move away from that by season's end at least IMO. I see some signs. Hardwick valued defensiveness on all lines in his selections, so it'll be interesting what Yze's theme will be

Mansell is on the field. I think he's taken Campbell's spot
McIntosh back so Banks in as wing rotation
Brown & Miller the KPBs
Campbell or Clarke sub
How has Mansell taken Campbell's spot.
Campbell, 13 disposals, and he is classy, gets up and down the ground and kicked a crucial goal. 1 tackle.
Mansell, 6 disposals, he is not classy, brought in for pressure, 1 tackle. And he missed a crucial goal.
Not to mention MRJ's 4 disposal game. Has Yze any say at all in team selection, or is Hardwick still running the show.

If Mansell plays over Campbell I give up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell, 13 disposals, and he is classy, gets up and down the ground and kicked a crucial goal. 1 tackle.
Mansell, 6 disposals, he is not classy, brought in for pressure, 1 tackle. And he missed a crucial goal.
Not to mention MRJ's 4 disposal game. Has Yze any say at all in team selection, or is Hardwick still running the show.

He won’t… silly talk mate

Dunno how, but you don't usually get dropped back to sub after being named on the field.

I gave up selection melts in 2023.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

R E L A X

B R E A T H E

Last edited:
We can relate to that cycle. Gee it was great for those 5 seasons 17-20 and 22. 13, 14 & 15 were great too as we started our rise.

Hope Baker doesn’t leave. The whole team is built around Balta now. Baker and Short very important going forward too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Baker leaving might free up enough money to get McCluggage on a 7 year deal though

Grimes , Pickett and friends still in? Ryan’s name just being mentioned is a laugh and tells me we are in serious pain.
Stop it TI ... Pickett should be first picked every week ... need all 20 games this season for Father Son ...

if the mids atleast break even I reckon we win.
Bring in Clarke ... rotate Shai and Maurice through the midfield to give us speed and pressure around the ball

Really excited to see Miller .... finally has the perfect preparation to come into the side ... he has been playing full back all preseason ... and coming in having dominated.

We have to be getting games into our Big 5 from 21 ... so Brown in, as well as Clarke, coming in with form is the right move

Banks another week in the 2s though and Tresize is unlucky but his time will come if Vlastuin or Broad miss during the year

Lefau maybe a chance to take MRJ spot?

Last edited:
he has played AFL standard game before. but as I said he'll only be listed in case of emergency. stop stressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back