Preview Round 2 v Port MCG Sunday 24th March 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks for the player…reckon we won’t see Cumbo at our club next year…he’ll seek opportunities elsewhere
To be honest, can’t say I blame him. Hope he becomes something at another club. Unfortunately won’t be with us.

I’m hoping Yze puts it on Bolton this week and says : “You are 2-years older than Rozee and Butters …. and they are two of the best mids in the competition. Play midfield all day and prove you can match it with the best.”

I’m really hoping Sunday is the day it all clicks for Bolton and he becomes the full time midfielder he needs to be in order to realise his full potential.

The Prestia/Hopper injuries might be a huge blessing in disguise, giving us a dynamic midfield of : TT, Bolton, Dusty, Dow with chop outs from Ross and Baker.

A win might be a bridge too far, but I’m strangely optimistic of a great showing full of physical pressure we haven’t seen from our club since 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well done to Lefau, worked his arse off to get back from an ACL.
pumped to see him and Balta making a few defenders nervous. Really think the Balta, Lynch, Lefau and our young small forwards can work.

I’m with you…well done to Mykelti…has earned his spot…through hard work
Let’s hope he rises to the occasion

I’m with you…well done to Mykelti…has earned his spot…through hard work
Let’s hope he rises to the occasion
He only returned from that ACL last year ( maybe R4-5 VFL).
His improvement has been so impressive since returning. It’s one thing to get back from an ACL but to do what he’s done is bloody awesome.

Perfect time to have played Hugo and Banks out to work on his game in the ressies.

Clarke has been doing well in the ressies. Id have him ahead of Banks and Mansell in a heart beat.

Hugo Ralphsmith (11 disposals, seven marks, five inside-50s)

"His run and carry once again stood out, and I thought his ball use was excellent. I think he's got a great balance between offence and defence at the moment, and he's in some really good form."

Ralphsmith is not even VFL standard

I really don't get how Cumbo doesn't get a look in yet Maurice Rioli gets a game each week. Don't give me this defensive garbage either because I've watched Cumbo play the past few VFL practice games and he has done a number of good chase down tackles and got rewarded.
Not even getting an emergency spot is a farce, yet Ralphsmith does who has don't absolutely nothing this year.

I really don't get how Cumbo doesn't get a look in yet Maurice Rioli gets a game each week. Don't give me this defensive garbage either because I've watched Cumbo play the past few VFL practice games and he has done a number of good chase down tackles and got rewarded.
Not even getting an emergency spot is a farce, yet Ralphsmith does who has don't absolutely nothing this year.
apparently a jolly chap doing nothing much is preferable to a game changer still working on his relationship with self

Fair call
No Young or Broad and Port have 3 tall forwards.
But think Yze will want to continue with Balta playing forward/Ruck. Particularly with Lynch having played extra minutes last week due to our injuries.
I hope you’re right I’d much rather balta stay forward.. just don’t see how with only really miller down back to play on their big boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cumberland didn’t get a game at VFL or AFL level two weeks ago because he was a travelling emergency v the Suns.

The VFL team play in Queensland tomorrow so if he was AFL emergency he would miss out on a game again meaning by next weekend he would have played once in 4 weeks.

Perfect time to have played Hugo and Banks out to work on his game in the ressies.

Clarke has been doing well in the ressies. Id have him ahead of Banks and Mansell in a heart beat.

Hugo Ralphsmith (11 disposals, seven marks, five inside-50s)

"His run and carry once again stood out, and I thought his ball use was excellent. I think he's got a great balance between offence and defence at the moment, and he's in some really good form."
The vfl report this week was a bit like someone handing out lolly bags at a 5 year old’s birthday… I wouldn’t read into that write up too much, it’s just designed to build optimism and ramp up interest in the vfl games

Adem Yze needs to play inexperienced young teams like this most weeks, let's be real here it's not about wins & losses it's about getting games into the kids and picking up valuable experience there is no easy way to do it.

Pleased to see Lefau selected.
A strong unit, he can run through the defenders, enabling crumbers.
Don't normally watch much of other games but saw that St Kilda established the early momentum.
They bombed the ball in to the pack quickly before the Pies could settle their defence.

The amount to hate Ralphsmith gets is proof a famous surname blinds people.

He's objectively a far better footballer than Maurice - who is somehow still in the team.
Ralphsmith jumps at his own shadow and sleeps with the lights on. As soft as Naish and will go the same way at the end of the year.

It's baffling, is Dimma still at the club? This has to be coming from our useless assistants.

Yeah … Dimma, Mini and now Yze all have a bias against him. At what stage can people just accept the problem is with Cumbo, not the coaches.

Yeah … Dimma, Mini and now Yze all have a bias against him. At what stage can people just accept the problem is with Cumbo, not the coaches.

Probably the day when he doesn't kick 3 or 4 or 5 goals a game. And what do they see in some of our other champs JUNIOR ROSS MAcca Pickett? The new coach won't last 2 years if he keeps going down the Dimma train and it sure looks like he is doing exact same thing.

Didn't say Yze, learn to read. It's pretty clear Rutten and Teague have NFI. Failed coaches who are still on our payroll.

Adem Yze needs to play inexperienced young teams like this most weeks, let's be real here it's not about wins & losses it's about getting games into the kids and picking up valuable experience there is no easy way to do it.
its always about wins and looses

look at the scats , their lists are old as fu*k . club has said we are following the scats model of not being quite good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back