Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not true, I have friends that follow Melbourne and Richmond, if people think I'm negative you can't even fathom how much they raged when they were s**t. I went to games where the crowd actively booed their own players, particularly the Tigers. Fans pessimism probably has very little influence. I think big crowds can bring energy to a side but the pessimism probably doesn't even register.
Well maybe it’s the lack of big crowd momentum. Either way we don’t get that at saints games or not enough.

No effect on the management of the club obviously. And partially taking the piss but I think our club is like Kyrgios in that final. Needing the fans to be constantly cheering to have any bit of mental resilience. It shouldn’t be like that but it’s sort of a fact. They can’t deal with a hostile crowd so if we want them to have the best chance of winning we need to show up in huge numbers and be loud.
I think the opponent has a bigger psychological impact on us than the supporters to be honest.

Finals was the pass mark.

We didn’t make it.

Ratts has failed and he’s had long enough.

Board has to act or they’ll waste even more years.
100%

i'm actually amazed. i cannot believe after the richo debacle they actually went ahead and ****ed themselves again. quite impressive.

Personally speaking, it’s not so much this game but this is the loss that finally knocks us out of final’s contention so it’s natural that there’d be more anger now.

I don’t know how we’ve been conditioned as a supporter base to think from 8-3, with the list demographic we have and few injuries, not making finals is acceptable.

I have a pretty good feeling 80-90% of fans feel as angry as I do at the poor 2nd half of the season. I hope the board understand this or pitchforks will be out at Moorabbin if they don’t act: and fair enough too.

It’ll be Bassatt or Ratts to go and I hope Bassatt chooses wisely as we’ve had enough and if he doesn’t get rid or Ratts he can go as far as I’m concerned.
Bassatts last two years have been extremely poor. the members emails and interviews have been nothing short of embarrassing.

the clarko interview will be the stupidest thing ive ever heard anyone at st kilda mutter ever. its just so damn arrogant.

Bit off topic, but listened to Riewoldt rip into the Ben McEvoy trade after the game last night so went looking. Came across this article from the Saints website from 2015.

The players they mention as “paying dividends”: Luke Dunstan, Billy Longer, Shane Savage, and, wait for it…Luke Delaney. :oops:
View attachment 1468679

the club talks so much s**t its not funny.

Because keep doing the same thing over and over again like we are is working so well

This time next year Ratts be gone just like Richo was, we will bring in someone else and start again only to repeat the cycle and waste another 3 years. The people responsible for coaching appointments recruiting appointments will take no responsibility
meanwhile best footy of steele is gone and we literally are left trying to replace the only A grade mid we've had since steven

Bassatts last two years have been extremely poor. the members emails and interviews have been nothing short of embarrassing.

the clarko interview will be the stupidest thing ive ever heard anyone at st kilda mutter ever. its just so damn arrogant.

I reckon we had Lenny lined up when things were going well and would have had to pay up big to bring him back from NSW. They probably couldn't have afforded Clarko after they'd already signed Lenny up to a contract. I reckon they'll have probably offered Lenny a hand over in a couple of years. You know they don't use process from everything else they've done in the last 20 years and he's going to have to have walked away from his life up in the Blue Mountains for a reason.

I just hope he turns out to be an absolute gun coach or this could be hard to watch.

I reckon we had Lenny lined up when things were going well and would have had to pay up big to bring him back from NSW. They probably couldn't have afforded Clarko after they'd already signed Lenny up to a contract. I reckon they'll have probably offered Lenny a hand over in a couple of years. You know they don't use process from everything else they've done in the last 20 years and he's going to have to have walked away from his life up in the Blue Mountains for a reason.

I just hope he turns out to be an absolute gun coach or this could be hard to watch.
if lenny doesn't work out its gonna be like shooting bambi TBH

Possibly. Either way the club should be tough enough mentally that neither affect them but it’s not how it is
I agree with you, I think a lot of what is said on here is hysteria but I don't think there's any question it's all between the ears for us and has been for a while.

the club talks so much s**t its not funny.

What, like the road maps that were words not actions? 2022 has been and gone and now the ring-road to 2024 involves saying words again but not much changing.

"In 2014, Finnis was charged by St Kilda's board with delivering the 'Road to 2018' roadmap, which directed the AFL team to finish top four by 2018 and win the club's second premiership. Having not met these objectives, Finnis, in 2019, unveiled a new "football strategy" to guide the club through 2022."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, like the road maps that were words not actions? 2022 has been and gone and now the ring-road to 2024 involves saying words again but not much changing.

"In 2014, Finnis was charged by St Kilda's board with delivering the 'Road to 2018' roadmap, which directed the AFL team to finish top four by 2018 and win the club's second premiership. Having not met these objectives, Finnis, in 2019, unveiled a new "football strategy" to guide the club through 2022."
You know all that is is PR to keep members on board, right? Lol. Who cares what the club says, the results speak for themselves.

Out club hasn’t made any more promises of success in the last decade than Essendon or Carlton or any other club.

Tigers for 30 years
Demons for 50.
It’s all lies until it comes true.

We ain’t the only club talking s**t,
Just the only one you’re listening to and taking to heart.
It’s just marketing.

Out club hasn’t made any more promises of success in the last decade than Essendon or Carlton or any other club.

Tigers for 30 years
Demons for 50.
It’s all lies until it comes true.

We ain’t the only club talking s**t,
Just the only one you’re listening to and taking to heart.
It’s just marketing.

Wow you are comparing us to Essendon and Carlton, the two most successful sides in the AFL... I like your thinking,

You are right, no-one should be accountable for hitting any of their KPI's.

Together we Rise - It takes all of us

100%

i'm actually amazed. i cannot believe after the richo debacle they actually went ahead and *ed themselves again. quite impressive.
The thing I find funny is Richo had to make finals in 2019 to be re-signed, once we were out of calculation to make it, the job handed over to Ratts. From memory we had 6 rounds to go.

In my view our list is a lot better now than then, so our goalposts seem to have changed.

It is possible we thought there was no better coaches out there

Wow you are comparing us to Essendon and Carlton, the two most successful sides in the AFL... I like your thinking,

You are right, no-one should be accountable for hitting any of their KPI's.

Together we Rise - It takes all of us
What does ancient history have to do with it?

I’m comparing us to 2 of the biggest clubs and the 2 most successful VFL clubs yes.

Carlton got Judd and he was on front of the sun promising 2 cups in 5 years…
-they have won 2 finals in the last 20 years.

Essendon, haven’t won a final since 2004!

What does ancient history have to do with it?

I’m comparing us to 2 of the biggest clubs and the 2 most successful VFL clubs yes.

Carlton got Judd and he was on front of the sun promising 2 cups in 5 years…
-they have won 2 finals in the last 20 years.

Essendon, haven’t won a final since 2004!

Why are we happy to compare ourselves to the absolute s**t pile of embarrassing clubs. We should shut up if it's all just talk with no basis. It's actually humiliating to have to get laughed at.

In the draft era (1986 onwards), Essendon and Carlton have won the same number of premierships as Sydney, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Collingwood and fewer than Hawthorn, Richmond, Geelong, Brisbane and West Coast, with all of those premierships won over 20 years ago.

The "win at all costs, rules be damned" approach hasn't really worked either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back