Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Have i missed something , what's this talk about Lenny or is it just the normal BF BS

Sounds like it's a thing. Coming from multiple sources.

Our future would have been secure if we hadn't had so much debt. We haven't got any players left from the coffee wingers crew any more. I like Moorabin but it secures nothing, it actually puts us in more danger because if the next TV rights deal falls short or the AFL need cash and call in loans we are on the margins. 60K members is still a donation if people don't turn up. If we'd played in 2 premierships we'd have spare cash to buy a ground so it's not really a better than on field success.

Missing finals again is a catastrophic fail and signing up a coach who looks completely out of control was a massive misstep right at a point that we are trying to rebuild credibility.

Slowly isn't something we can afford. Clubs are in their third successful rebuild before we've finished one of them. If we were any slower we'd rust.
Missing finals isn't a catastrophic fail. It is disappointing, it is not what we wanted but it isn't catastrophic at all.

The rest of your stuff about the TV rights deal is just hyperbole. Debt has been massively reduced, we have our own home ground which the AFL has invested massively in. We're not going anywhere.

I'd have the place better run than these arsehats are doing it.
We'll start you off in the sheds as the boot studder and you can work your way up. We'll even give you a special sticker to show everyone how important you are.

images

Oh * those made me laugh till I was out of breath. Good memories
I remember being on the train back home after the Saints game that year (Riewoldt's final game at the MCG v Richmond), and checking the scores on the AFL app and some in the carriage watching on Kayo where Melbourne and West Coast were going for 8th spot. West Coast needed to beat Adelaide by 4 goals or something to drop Melbourne out of the eight and word got around the train that it was near the end and Melbourne were about half a percentage in or something.

Once the final siren sounded everyone in the entire carriage was laughing, it was great fun

Coops from Facebook ?
Who are these sources ?

I had heard from another poster in a PM before it was on here. I think it was Rors had heard from multiple people and I checked with a source and he'd heard the rumour as well but not from a solid source. If it isn't true someone has fooled a lot of people. My Richmond mate had heard it doing the rounds when I tried to show how ITK I am even.

We'll start you off in the sheds as the boot studder and you can work your way up. We'll even give you a special sticker to show everyone how important you are.

images

Looks like 90% of the footy department at Moorabin.

Bigfooty rumour at this stage.
Well now its making sense as a friend of my wife's second cousin said they saw someone who looked like him having a coffee with a man that looked like rats in a café in St Kilda but it may have been St Albans, she gets a bit mixed up at times .

So a bloke who left GWS brought a farm has now pulled the pin on farming after one year , I doubt it

Well now its making sense as a friend of my wife's second cousin said they saw someone who looked like him having a coffee with a man that looked like rats in a café in St Kilda but it may have been St Albans, she gets a bit mixed up at times .

So a bloke who left GWS brought a farm has now pulled the pin on farming after one year , I doubt it

Sounds like a bit more to it than the average rumour.

I had heard from another poster in a PM before it was on here. I think it was Rors had heard from multiple people and I checked with a source and he'd heard the rumour as well but not from a solid source. If it isn't true someone has fooled a lot of people. My Richmond mate had heard it doing the rounds when I tried to show how ITK I am even.
Well all but confirmed if you got a PM , not the same PM i got then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think so , a bloke so keen on buying a farm quits after one year , Yeah Nah

I guess we'll see. The PM came from a guy who usually seems to be on the money.

I guess we'll see. The PM came from a guy who usually seems to be on the money.
I don't want one of our greats to be put through the wringer when he cant turn this average list into a premiership team , you of all people should know the amount of sh1t that's put on our coaches , are you saying you wont ever bag Lenny if it doesn't work out .

I don't want one of our greats to be put through the wringer when he cant turn this average list into a premiership team , you of all people should know the amount of sh1t that's put on our coaches , are you saying you wont ever bag Lenny if it doesn't work out .

I can't guarantee that at all. I think it can only end in tears at some point because that's coaching. It's pushing him out into the pitchfork wielding hoard to stop the peasants burning the castle as far as I'm concerned and not a well thought out strategy.

I can't guarantee that at all. I think it can only end in tears at some point because that's coaching. It's pushing him out into the pitchfork wielding hoard to stop the peasants burning the castle as far as I'm concerned and not a well thought out strategy.
Well with a good apprenticeship in farming he will handle that without a worry

It doesn't matter who is coach , if they don't win they want the coach sacked

Didn't you see repeats of "Green Acres " when you were young.
Totally plausible.

We are right in the middle of the road. It's a horrible place to be.

Steele needs to be moved as captain...and leadership aside, are we sure a midfield with him as our best player is good enough to compete for flags? I'm so sick of the Crouch, Steele, Ross mix. Turnstiles when the going gets tough and we can't defend for what feels like quarters at a time.

Obviously there's many problems but it just has to start with the leaders and senior players.

The coaching is such a glaring issue, we won't be able to move forward until it changes.

I'm so sad for our club, we're mediocre and I'd rather bottom out and build with the young brigade who at least look promising then continue to watch what we've dished up this year.

Which is ultimately inconsistent, poorly coached football where effort comes and goes.

We are right in the middle of the road. It's a horrible place to be.

Steele needs to be moved as captain...and leadership aside, are we sure a midfield with him as our best player is good enough to compete for flags? I'm so sick of the Crouch, Steele, Ross mix. Turnstiles when the going gets tough and we can't defend for what feels like quarters at a time.

Obviously there's many problems but it just has to start with the leaders and senior players.

The coaching is such a glaring issue, we won't be able to move forward until it changes.

I'm so sad for our club, we're mediocre and I'd rather bottom out and build with the young brigade who at least look promising then continue to watch what we've dished up this year.

Which is ultimately inconsistent, poorly coached football where effort comes and goes.

I'd try moving the coaches on first and no more avoiding the draft. Collingwood is carrying a huge youth contingent and Melbourne had the same last year. For all of Carlton's pissing around chasing older players it was the guys they drafted that are their bests.

I'd try moving the coaches on first and no more avoiding the draft. Collingwood is carrying a huge youth contingent and Melbourne had the same last year. For all of Carlton's pissing around chasing older players it was the guys they drafted that are their bests.

Yeah, definitely. Not opposed to this approach at all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back