Preview Round 22 - St.Kilda v Brisbane Lions Friday 12th August.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, you set em up, I'll knock em over.:)

Obviously, drop Joe. Bring in Fort. Joe's been awful for weeks......like more than normal so he's either carrying an injury or he's in a big slump. At least Fort will give you a red hot contest.

OR

Rayner plays FF......(where he will eventually end up imho.)

OR

If we select Froggy to play in place of Adams, then play Payne at FF.

All of these options are WAY better than what we're doing atm.

Bring fort the s**t storm!!!!

All of the options require Joe to be dropped to either find some hunger in the twos or recover his physical and or mental health for the finals.
yeah but what changes would you like to see in a team that had a good win against a quality side the week before...SERIOUSLY.

3 KZ, our Thursday & Friday national audience games have been pretty solid over the last 2 years
Year 2022
1 Friday game a loss by 10 points to the Cats at GMHBA Stadium
3 Thursday night games with wins over Pies and Dogs both at the Gabba but a big loss by 64 point to the Demons at the MCG
Year 2021
2 Thursday night games both wins over the Pies at Marvel and Cats at Gabba
4 Friday night games but only 1 win over Tigers at Gabba. Lost to Cats by 1 point at GMHBA, Demons by 22 at Giants stadium and Tigers by 20 at Metricon

So that is 6 wins and 4 losses (one by 1 point) over the last 2 years

Interestingly we have won 3 from 3 at Marvel stadium in the last 2 years beating Pies, Blues and Bombers

Saints will be hard to beat at their home ground Marvel but it is not like the Gabba is to the Lions
Saints have 6 wins in 2022 but have also lost 4 to the Pies(R1), Bombers, Dockers & Dogs at Marvel so far this year

Maybe that glass level should rise a little at least till the team is announced
RESEARCH!

yeah but what changes would you like to see in a team that had a good win against a quality side the week before...SERIOUSLY.

I know we'd be a better team if we replaced our FF.......surely after the last few weeks we can see this. Thing is, how do you drop a guy you're paying a million a year without bringing attention on yourselves. It's like you're admitting to the world that you've made a massive * up. It's not going to happen.

The reality is Payne for Adams and Prior for AhChee but just hate that feeling that we're heading into our most important finals series, maybe ever, with a guy that we know is not up to it.

I know we'd be a better team if we replaced our FF.......surely after the last few weeks we can see this. Thing is, how do you drop a guy you're paying a million a year without bringing attention on yourselves. It's like you're admitting to the world that you've made a massive * up. It's not going to happen.

The reality is Payne for Adams and Prior for AhChee but just hate that feeling that we're heading into our most important finals series, maybe ever, with a guy that we know is not up to it.
Carlton sent Weitering, their best defender that was in AA contention before injury to Daniher for the entirety of the game no matter where Joe led him. Every other team has sent their best KPD to Daniher, for the entirety of every game this season. Either every other team in the league has decided that Daniher is our most dangerous tall forward or they’re all making a massive mistake every single week without changing it mid game.

I’m sorry but even if Daniher has a quiet game like he has the last couple weeks if he wasn’t in the side McStay and Hipwood wouldn’t be doing what they’ve done since then. He makes them all better, even the small forwards. And that’s all while having a quiet game himself.

Carlton sent Weitering, their best defender that was in AA contention before injury to Daniher for the entirety of the game no matter where Joe led him. Every other team has sent their best KPD to Daniher, for the entirety of every game this season. Either every other team in the league has decided that Daniher is our most dangerous tall forward or they’re all making a massive mistake every single week without changing it mid game.

I’m sorry but even if Daniher has a quiet game like he has the last couple weeks if he wasn’t in the side McStay and Hipwood wouldn’t be doing what they’ve done since then. He makes them all better, even the small forwards. And that’s all while having a quiet game himself.

Joe kicked 3 against Richmond and 3 the week before

To start with...he ISNT getting $1 Million a year, not even close.
Your biased against him is falling on deaf ears. He is an intergral part of our forward group. No way he will be omitted.
The team would be worse off with him not being there when the final series gets underway.

Not entirely true about him getting the best defender every week but you are 100% right is saying the 3 KPF's allows at least one of them an opportunity to get their hands on the ball easier when the better defender is on another forward.

Did Joe run over your dog?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are people memeing when they say drop Joe or do they really mean it? I don’t understand what the rationale for it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's more like "person" not "people". One opinion being constantly forced down 100 throats.

What Fish thinks may happen re selection >

There'll be at least two changes for the Lions team to face St Kilda on Friday night with Cal Ah Chee and Marcus Adams to miss through concussion. Mitch Robinson, who came on as the medi-sub against the Blues, looks the likely replacement for Ah Chee, although Jaxon Prior and Harry Sharp play the same wing role and have been going well in the VFL. Adams copped a big hit to the ribs against the Blues and suffered delayed concussion symptoms, with either Jack Payne or Ryan Lester his likely replacement.

R21 medical substitute: Mitch Robinson (replaced Cal Ah Chee)

Verdict: Robinson into the 22 for Ah Chee. Payne for Adams. – Michael Whiting

We're paying a guy a million bucks a year to be a decoy.........Wayde Mills was way cheaper:):)

To start with...he ISNT getting $1 Million a year, not even close.
Your biased against him is falling on deaf ears. He is an intergral part of our forward group. No way he will be omitted.
The team would be worse off with him not being there when the final series gets underway.
I don't think it's deaf ears, it's more blind faith.

That's your problem with my take on this???????!!!!!!
My problem is the same as everyone else's problem with your "take". It's yours and yours only...nobody else agrees which is fine for you to have your own unique opinion thats your own. ;)
Plus the incorrect post you keep banging on that he is on $1 Million bucks which is total BS. He isn't even our highest paid player.

Can we agree on the fact that his last half dozen games have been a bit average???
There are a few who have had some average performances over the last bunch of games. He still adds life into our forward line and plays his role even if he isn't kicking 6 goals a game like you expect him to. He will not be dropped this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back