Preview Round 22 - St.Kilda v Brisbane Lions Friday 12th August.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know a lot about Cox but on what I've seen he seems fairly strong and composed.

Prior should be in the team based on his recent Senior performances. But did he not have covid ?
i've only seen him in the flesh once, he was ok but the 2 that stood out for me were harry arnold and wilmot. i think he did have covid

Joe was excellent last week taking Weitering up the ground and leaving Hipwood or McStay one out with a lesser opponent. Which partly explains why they both went better

He's played a more team oriented game of late and seems to be enjoying it.

He's a big presence and exciting to watch.
He's also extremely unpredictable which is what makes him so dangerous

Draws extra opponents again helping out his teammates
I think "drawing an opponent" is a fallacy. Every attacker will draw a defensive player. that's just the nature of defence. Last weeks game clearly showed how poor Joes efforts were. There's no three dimensional chess going on with Joe and the attackers. Joe just can't get the ball and when he does it's dire.

I think "drawing an opponent" is a fallacy. Every attacker will draw a defensive player. that's just the nature of defence. Last weeks game clearly showed how poor Joes efforts were. There's no three dimensional chess going on with Joe and the attackers. Joe just can't get the ball and when he does it's dire.
"attacker" ? wtf ? Do you work for the ARC ? They're called forwards.

Joe usually draws the best opposition tall defender which means Hippy and McStay get a lesser tall defender, if Joe wasn't there one of them get the best tall defender.

What was poor about being part of the team that kicked the highest score carltons conceded all season while playing on an all Australian?

What was poor about being part of the team that kicked the highest score carltons conceded all season while playing on an all Australian?
weitering has never been an all australian

i know because some carlton supporters have an odd chip on the shoulder about andrews being one whilst weitering has missed out

(i do not agree with beardancer)

Luke Hodge on the radio this morning was interesting. Gave an example of early in the last when Lachie had a kick out of the backline, he had 2 options- one was I think Big O on the boundary line, or a 1 on 3 in the middle that had to be a really precise kick but was a better chance of scoring. He went for the 1 on 3, we gave up the ball and had the first of the 8 goals scored against us. What happens if the other option goes bad? We have a boundary throw in. Lesson was when you're 50 points up learn how to slow it down and ice it and control the tempo instead of having one speed which is flat out.

Luke Hodge on the radio this morning was interesting. Gave an example of early in the last when Lachie had a kick out of the backline, he had 2 options- one was I think Big O on the boundary line, or a 1 on 3 in the middle that had to be a really precise kick but was a better chance of scoring. He went for the 1 on 3, we gave up the ball and had the first of the 8 goals scored against us. What happens if the other option goes bad? We have a boundary throw in. Lesson was when you're 50 points up learn how to slow it down and ice it and control the tempo instead of having one speed which is flat out.

Pretty sure the commentators said the same thing at the time and was reflected on this board. Also lead to the Adams injury

Charlie also had the ball on the boundary in the forward pocket and went a miracle pass and turned it over

From the Brisbane Lions Website:

“The Brisbane Lions VFL have continued their strong run towards the end of the home and away season with a narrow 12-point victory over the Werribee Tigers at the Moreton Bay Sporting Complex on Saturday.

In a tight contest, the Lions put together a surging second half effort to overpower the Tigers and secure their spot inside the top four on the Smithy’s VFL ladder.

Veteran defender Ryan Lester put together another dominant performance, leading the charge for the Lions defensive unit alongside an energetic Darcy Wilmot to gather 27 disposals and 12 marks for the day.”

7F273E68-83BA-4BBE-9B65-E8EBE111119A.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember it because it was so unusual for Neale to misjudge. He is Lachie Neale though so he is god

Don't worry lachie anowledges this at the end of robbos vlog " almost cost us the game with that turnover "

lachie misses that kick, we defend the turnover, go aggressive in attack once more and keep piling on the goals. who kows

The arguments for both sides works for me. Do we want to build up the pressure and keep piling on the goals and be cohesive in trying to get our % up while also getting our system working in to finals? Or slow it down and prepare for the short turn around and protect our lead.

To be honest I was more annoyed with some of our entries in the first quarter. I think if Lachie was to do it again this week he would at least be more careful with the kick, even it if goes inside.

Hey, you set em up, I'll knock em over.:)

Obviously, drop Joe. Bring in Fort. Joe's been awful for weeks......like more than normal so he's either carrying an injury or he's in a big slump. At least Fort will give you a red hot contest.

OR

Rayner plays FF......(where he will eventually end up imho.)

OR

If we select Froggy to play in place of Adams, then play Payne at FF.

All of these options are WAY better than what we're doing atm.

Bring fort the s**t storm!!!!

All of the options require Joe to be dropped to either find some hunger in the twos or recover his physical and or mental health for the finals.

kd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back