Autopsy Round 23, 2018: Hawks defeat swans! Top 4 ******s!

Remove this Banner Ad

Once you discover what happened, can you please let us know? Reckon there would be a few on here keen to be able to mute just the commentary!

Haha deadset got no idea to be honest mate. As I said I chucked it on because I missed a fair bit of the game and was surprised to hear no commentary for pretty much the whole 3rd qtr, ad break and then the fourth qtr and the commentary was back.. real strange.

Razor will be quandaries in the finals. Screw Hawthorn or aid Geelong?

I liked one of Richo's comments last night, something that has annoyed me for some time, especially about Razor Ray. His penchant for telling players what they should be doing just pisses me off. His role is to watch the game and pay free kicks when he sees them, not to tell players what to do.

Haha deadset got no idea to be honest mate. As I said I chucked it on because I missed a fair bit of the game and was surprised to hear no commentary for pretty much the whole 3rd qtr, ad break and then the fourth qtr and the commentary was back.. real strange.

Hey, it happened to me: I taped today’s replay and there is no commentary during the 3rd quarter, just the umpires and crowd noise.

It’s like being at the game, just not surrounded by idiot Sydney fans!

So pumped with the win and the emergence of the young crew and finishing top 4. I am still pissed about the umpires, it was the worst display of umpiring I have seen in over 35 years of watching footy. There were too many incidents to even mention as I would be posting a post that would take me hours to finish. The AFL should not have these 3 maggots from last night officiate for the rest of the season. It bordered on cheating.

I wouldn't want to play poker with Jarman Impey, his facial expressions give nothing away.

By the way, I hadn't noticed if this has happened before, but why is it some players' tops had little monograms on their solar plexus, whereas others didn't?
It was a fund raiser for farmers. The tops are being auctioned off. I think Mitchell must have changed his top at some stage because one had it and one later in the game didn't

We should never underestimate the ability of the green slime to be so biased against us. l did hear an umpire l think in the last quarter
say "pay it" referring to a deliberate out of bounds. So it seems we now have off field umpires making decisions unless l'm missing
something. Anyway great win. Still doesn't feel like a top four side but if we gel 100% and kick a few more goals then maybe.

I thought the umpiring was awful at the game, and after watching the replay it wasn't great. But some people are going way overboard with the conspiracy theories.

There were deeply questionable calls but to think that there is an organised conspiracy against Hawthorn is simply daft. Every other team could say the same thing because calls don't always go one way.

The most promising thing is that we have a mixture of younger and older players contributing. Over our last four wins (all incredibly close) Morrison/Worpel/Nash/Burton/Hardwick/Miles/Impey have all been crucial in ensuring victory. O'Meara could arguably be included in that category, while we also have Sicily to return.

I have no doubt that our future is bright, and regardless of the result giving the next generation finals exposure and making them hungry is a victory in itself. But if they manage to fire alongside our seasoned veterans, who have already performed on the big stage, then anything could happen. We've upset bigger opponents than Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this fortnight is a just reward for all the hawthorn supporters who stuck through all the dark times. All these long months of not being in finals. All these struggling times. After the long winter, the darkest night, the stretch of despair, we are back in the sweet, all giving, warm glowing light of finals football.
I cannot tell you how this premiership drought and our slide into mediocrity has affected me - it's been a shocker!

First I went out and chopped some wood.

And then I came in and had a beer.

Worse 20 minutes of my life.

Well, 15 perhaps - I did enjoy the beer.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a fund raiser for farmers. The tops are being auctioned off. I think Mitchell must have changed his top at some stage because one had it and one later in the game didn't

There were several players who didn't, including Roughy, maybe the tops were a bit tight. They're so skin tight these days you wouldn't want to be slightly overweight :)

I thought the umpiring was awful at the game, and after watching the replay it wasn't great. But some people are going way overboard with the conspiracy theories.

There were deeply questionable calls but to think that there is an organised conspiracy against Hawthorn is simply daft. Every other team could say the same thing because calls don't always go one way.

I don't mind it, it's a good way to blow off a bit of frustration. The trick is to not be obsessed with umpiring. Match day threads are ridiculous for this type of thing. 5 minutes into the first quarter and people have already decided which team the umpires want to win :)

There were several players who didn't, including Roughy, maybe the tops were a bit tight. They're so skin tight these days you wouldn't want to be slightly overweight :)
624476_gl.jpg

Not like the old woolly jumpers we used to wear back in the day.
They stank when it rained, weighed a ton and it was like wearing a horse blanket, used to love it when you could grab the end of one and fling a bloke out of the arena when tackling on the boundary.
Bah humbug.

I wouldn't want to play poker with Jarman Impey, his facial expressions give nothing away.

By the way, I hadn't noticed if this has happened before, but why is it some players' tops had little monograms on their solar plexus, whereas others didn't?
Drought relief jumper. See footyjumpers.com/hawthornpromo

Solar plexus. Haven’t heard that one for a while. Good work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back