Game Day Round 23 - Melbourne v Collingwood, Saturday 26th August, 1:45pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20170824-234526.png Screenshot_20170824-234542.png

If Melbourne WIN: Melbourne finishes the season in 7th place, and will play in the finals.
If Melbourne LOSE: There will be a Game Day thread for West Coast v Adelaide on Sunday.

Good luck everyone. Go Dees. See you on the other side.

Right. I'm nervous as s**t. This is the worst I've felt before a game...probably ever.

I don't remember 2000 in the sense of nerves. My last final was watching Jeff White get his jaw broken.

On the other hand...I've been through hell. We all have. The collapse of 2007. The heartache of 2008. Having to cheer against our club in 2009. A false dawn in 2010 and early 2011, punctuated by beltings.

186. The end of Bailey.

Jim.

Neeld. Belting after belting. The Essendon game. The North game. Showing up hoping we get within ten goals.

And now...holy s**t. Now we might actually be starting something. Now's our time. We've seen great teams, good teams, all teams belt us from pillar to post for the last decade.

But it's up to 22 blokes. 22 guys who have to run out there and give it their all.

For one chance. For one goal.

Come on you ******* Demons, do it! Kill all the doubters, silence all the haters, crush these Pies and march into finals!

GAME DAY OPEN.

swtn.gif

Strangely more confident about this one than I was last week. We seem to do okay against the pies even when we're garbage, and I think we've performed much better this year in "big" matches than we have in the ones against weaker teams. It's Melbourne, so I'm mentally prepared for disappointment, but I think we'll at least bring our A game. Will be watching here in Europe at 5.45am, so it's gonna be a long, miserable day if we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwoods great coloured hope being unveiled tomorrow against us. Be afraid, very afraid
714b0cd569d29bdddc39f3b8cae8daa2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
What's with the use of 'coloured'? This kid is going to be the next Cyril. He is electric, as you will see tonight. Hopefully only once or twice though...

Cant sleep. Bloody hell.
Might have to do a run up north a bit to noosa for a surf to take me mind off the game.

I'm tipping noosa would have a big number of demon fans. There is a heap of range rovers up there.
Currimundi where i live would be magpie central plenty of toothless ferals around. But that's the way I like it. Real people not a bunch soulless stuck up flogs that judge happiness by how much stuff they own.

Anyway enough of the crap. I'm going to find a wave.

GO DEMONS. We can do it. It is so strange see us with odds to win the big one this time of year.

What's with the use of 'coloured'? This kid is going to be the next Cyril. He is electric, as you will see tonight. Hopefully only once or twice though...
I originally typed great white hype. Didnt seem appropriate.

Btw game is during the day. He can be as electric as he wants tonight

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god.

We got this. Dees by 70.

I know that you guys losing will make it easier for us, but I'd hate to see Melbourne missing out. 2006 is a long time ago.

I can't bring myself to go against Melbourne tomorrow, so I hope you guys seal it. Hope we can both do some damage in finals!
You can't bring yourself to cheer for collingwood? West coast are in a rare situation where they'll be barracking for fremantle particularly if we win. Luckily the game isn't at perth because the whole of western Australia's against ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back