Preview Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Gabba, Saturday 26th August, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 44.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We might have lost Jamie Cripps for sweet FA a decade ago, but he’s provide a return on the investment for us today.

Go WCE.

Jamie Cripps helping his old team into finals!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind seeing us give Hayes a go against Brisbane after kicking 6 goals straight in the VFL.

He could be a trump card for us in finals and he can kick straight unlike most of our other forwards.

Not sure who we would drop for him though, I wouldn't be dropping King or Sharman so it would probably have to be Membrey.

Membrey was OK last night but he didn't set the world on fire, just the one shot for goal which he missed and he can't ruck like Hayes can.

Getting a home final would be enormous. The only way to get it is winning this game. It's still a very big game even though finals are locked in. A win and we could really be on the verge or something special.

Suddenly all these flashbacks to last time Lyon coached us and questions about home finals and resting players in the last round triggered pages of debate. Great to have that back.

Lions are improved this year and defensively much better. They can absolutely open you up and so it will be a huge test of our ability to defend the ground which we did so well against both Geelong and Richmond.

Unfortunately they've probably got the best midfield other than Carlton so losing Ross will hurt.

I don't reckon we will see many changes but maybe Hayes in for Ross and Owens plays midfield (Clark starting 18, maybe Sharman sub although would be stiff)?

Pou needs to keep playing even if he has 2 possessions, the guy will win us finals one day and who says he can't start in 2023.

Send someone to Neale (I only just noticed those ridiculous tatts he got btw, should be illegal on short people).

Wood to McLuggage?

Hoping Jweb can do a job on Charlie. Jimmy has killed him previously, unless I’m imagining it?

No bombs to Andrews, counting on Membrey to pull his oppo up the ground and out of the space. Was good on the weekend.

I’m liking the vibe of the group - I’m sure we all are. Black and white from a month ago.

Let’s keep it rollin.

1692534466029.gif

Well player developments is less of a priority now that we have made the finals.

Priority now is to win the whole ******* thing!

So if Hayes is fit enough I would be bringing him against the Lions to see if he is back up to AFL standard now.

Clark for Ross.

So that means someone out. Poo has been a little quiet so for Lions game I would omit Po from the starting 22 and make the Poo or Billings the Sub.

If Hayes turns out good to go and plays well against the Lions then that could be a major plus for the finals. If he struggles the the Poo or Billings come back into the starting 22 for the finals.

It's now a case of do we want a home final or not

Brisbane having the same conversation they will come out fierce.

There’s two ways to look at this. Either we can rest all our key players and give their bodies 2 weeks off, or we can go up there with our best team and a plan and see how we stack up and continue to build some cohesion.

I fall in the camp of rest some sore players and have a look at others.

Out: Ross (inj.), King, Sharman, Hill, Webster.

In: Hunter, Caminiti, Billings, Byrnes & Paton. Hayes to the sub.

Marshall is in all Australian contention I’d give him another week to cement his claim. If he’s sore though let Tom Campbell have a game.

We could also consider releasing Windhager into the Seb Ross role and bringing Coffield in down back. But, I think Windy should be given as much opportunity as possible to settle in to his new role.

Still think we can push the Lions. What’s the point of having solid depth if you don’t use it to your advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back