Autopsy Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we get Ross back for our first final and his hammy holds up, he makes a big difference to our midfield when he is up and about.

Steele is still struggling and none of our younger mids like Clark and Owens have the tank to play as full time mids, it leaves a big workload on Crouch.

Don’t like shooting Bambi, and I’ll probably get howled down, but although he’s a beast and we love him, on top of the highlights and joy he”s gong to bring us, he’s also going to frustrate the s**t out of us with his kicking.
I really hope Mitcheto can sort it out. He’s a god.

“Edited”

Last edited:
Hopefully we get Ross back for our first final and his hammy holds up, he makes a big difference to our midfield when he is up and about.

Steele is still struggling and none of our younger mids like Clark and Owens have the tank to play as full time mids, it leaves a big workload on Crouch.

Steele is really sluggish and looked cooked in the 3rd and struggled to get to contests.

I get nervous when we rely on one person too much, and its getting to be Crouch.

Was like that back in the day when our forward line was just Nick. Yeah he was great but we struggled to win , because it was all him. If we'd had some other good forwards to use, it would have been much much better.

Even Plugger had Loewe.

Don’t like shooting Bambi, and I’ll probably get howled down, but although he’s a beast and we love him, on top of the highlights and joy he”s gong to bring us, he’s also going to frustrate the s**t out of us with his kicking.
I really hope he can sort it out. He’s a god.
Any clues as to who you’re talking about 😂

I really hope he can sort it out. He’s a god.

Agreed. He's a pretty good kick when he doesn't need to think about. Like a snap around the corner. But set shot and hitting a short kick ... got some work to do.

(Mitchy)

Just imagine King with Sharman's ability to kick for goal.

We would have a real weapon up forward then.

Like this guy.

1181723.jpg

I reckon you could mount a strong argument Andrews kept Sharman embarrassingly quite while McKenna provided the drive into attack of their half back line who had over 600mgs.

A defensive side to your game is a given but you have to have some other tricks too.

King will take his spot for the first final you'd guess.

Pretty obvious he was playing a defensive game as instructed by the coach. Andrew’s would normally have 40 intercepts. Instead he was very frustrated all game.
It’s a sacrificial game to allow the other forwards to get loose.
Not sure why McKenna is relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get nervous when we rely on one person too much, and its getting to be Crouch.

Was like that back in the day when our forward line was just Nick. Yeah he was great but we struggled to win , because it was all him. If we'd had some other good forwards to use, it would have been much much better.

Even Plugger had Loewe.
I agree 10% you cannot rely on one player, it's about including players who can play a role and fill a need. The addition of Ross should assist and release Steele, Crouch and Sinclair to play their normal roles. Clarke, Owens and Gresham can also benefit from this inclusion.

Pretty obvious he was playing a defensive game as instructed by the coach. Andrew’s would normally have 40 intercepts. Instead he was very frustrated all game.
It’s a sacrificial game to allow the other forwards to get loose.
Not sure why McKenna is relevant.

So the coach told him not to win some ball and not to attack the goals, he did a really good job then, just a shame the tactic didn’t win us the game.

The Brisbane tactic was for Andrew’s to help McKenna create drive of the half back…622m suggests it worked. So not sure Sharman being on the bottom of the stats sheet so he can provide some type of defensive mechanism worked all that well…not that I don’t believe you because as you say the coach told him to play that way.

I really hope Mitcheto can sort it out. He’s a god.

“Edited”

Bambi's mum is open season though right?

So if it is a Home final at Marvel, how many seats will there be for St Kilda Members?

53,000 Capacity. But that includes AFL Members, Medallion Club, The Boxes etc.

So that is presumably less that 25K for the members allocation if it is 50/50 with the Swans/GWS?

Unsold go to general sale, or back to St Kilda Members? Does anyone know?

Actually just realised that it might be 4 into 2 situation for the tall forwards.

If they bring Howard back in then you can add Cordy to the forward mix. King, Membrey and one of Cordy, Hayes, Sharman or Caminiti.

Selection dilemma's - how long since we've had those. Thought Byrnes showed why he's a keeper and will get another contract.

The media (and posters) going on about how Lions should have thumped us if they'd kicked straight should have a look at the centre clearance tallies.

We were thumped in general stoppages but won the centre clearances.
That was RoMa

Edit: and Poo it seems

Last edited:
So if it is a Home final at Marvel, how many seats will there be for St Kilda Members?

53,000 Capacity. But that includes AFL Members, Medallion Club, The Boxes etc.

So that is presumably less that 25K for the members allocation if it is 50/50 with the Swans/GWS?

Unsold go to general sale, or back to St Kilda Members? Does anyone know?

I know your saying if it's Marvel yet i read someone say this week there is room for 3 games played at the MCG in week one.

STK v Swans - MCG - Sat arvo looking likely

Actually just realised that it might be 4 into 2 situation for the tall forwards.

If they bring Howard back in then you can add Cordy to the forward mix. King, Membrey and one of Cordy, Hayes, Sharman or Caminiti.

I have liked Cordy in our backline, but he is not going to displace our other tall forward options.

Howard back will be more if we play a team with Daniher height key forward. So that will not be our first final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back