Preview Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Gabba, Saturday 26th August, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 44.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a strange feeling about this one. I am normally as pessimistic as they come, but I reckon a sneaky upset is on the cards here.

The last 5 rounds we are both 4-1, but our +/- differential is 77 whilst Brissie's is just 3. They were touched up by Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago and have had narrow wins over Freo, Adelaide, Geelong and a somewhat comfortable win over a depleted and out of form Pies.

They are hardly setting the world on fire. We bring last weeks effort with some improved goal kicking and we win this one.

Saints by 9 points.

Higgins goal kicking needs a lot of work. Just seems to lairise too much and misses way too many shots that should be bread and butter to a clever small forward. Needs to put more value on the shots he gets and turn those 2.3s into 4.1s.

Its not lairising its what he is comfortable with. When he kicks around the corner he places the ball on his foot better, when kicking further out from goals the higher and sloppier his ball drop becomes. I watched him closely last week and its like he doesnt keep his base leg (left) on the ground long enough during his kicking action, which causes him to almost skip. Sometimes he is lucky it hits his foot, which for a shorter player its quite unusual and its something he and the club need to identify and work on.

Brisbane's biggest threat is if they get on top in the clearances, our defence will struggle to contain there many goal kicking threats. I reckon RTB is quietly confident we have rediscovered our early season form, so I reckon if we can even the contest out of the middle and kick straight we will cause a huge upset.

Watch all the AFL experts shyte themselves if we win this week - it will be gold!

Last edited:

Couldnt care if he doesnt get a kick its just great to see him back.

Brings a physical presence and energy to the team.
When we played Brisbane last time Andrews took a million intercept marks. Not one of Max's better games on Payne. Reckon Hayes will have Andrews looking over his shoulder at least.

When we played Brisbane last time Andrews took a million intercept marks. Not one of Max's better games on Payne. Reckon Hayes will have Andrews looking over his shoulder at least.

Sharman was the sub that day, and had a rebound 50 but no inside 50s after coming on (and no scores). It'll be interesting to see how we go with three genuine marking targets this time, with one of them having an earned reputation for doing a job on intercepting defenders.

I bet Hayes didn't think he would get back into the team this year. Must be pinching himself

Jeez I think some are expecting miracles from Hayes, but I reckon he has been brought in purely to add some physical strength at FF and in the ruck contests deep forward. His last game pre injury was just serviceable, and that was when he was fully fit. Unless he has a huge game, he will make way for King, but I do hope he gets through without injury. Sharman will probably play higher in the forward 50.
Are you saying I probably shouldn't expect Hayes to come in and kick 75 tomorrow and win the Coleman medal after one game?

Hayes is firing on 3 cylinders???

Kicking 6 in the ressies??

I Dont Think So The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharman was the sub that day, and had a rebound 50 but no inside 50s after coming on (and no scores). It'll be interesting to see how we go with three genuine marking targets this time, with one of them having an earned reputation for doing a job on intercepting defenders.
I'm curious, who has the "earned" reputation?

I've been going on about that every single time the 2009 Grand Final gets brought up, but I haven't actually seen the vision since the Grand Final itself. It deflects far more than what I remember.

Bastards.

I remember it clearly, and the AFL is incompetence since they have straight refused to reflect the deviation in score despite statements and evidence to contrary. So when they utensil up score results, it's true to form about how they give no shits to anything that is integral to the competition.

Hereby, we gain 10 goals into every match henceforth, as scoring means SFA in the AFL. Good luck Brissie for that home final.

You should be banned for posting this 😥

I can handle that snippet, but hang and quarter anyone showing the Rooke end as that is fighting video.

Also, statement was correct but not ballsy enough, Crows get compensation, Cats get stripped of that flag due to bringing game into disrepute by not claiming the deflection and being s**t blokes at the time. 2nd cup by default.

Your post makes me highly aroused Gringos.

If he can get his body right he pushes Caminiti and Sharman out for the final as he is ready made physically and more versatile
The thought of you highly aroused, bollock naked in Bourke St. Melbourne, being tasered by cops as Sharman walks by...suddenly makes me both laugh and throw up a little.
Don't change dude, you cop it in here a bit, but it's easy entertainment value for low brow appreciative humourists like myself 👍👍👍

Hayes is firing on 3 cylinders???

Kicking 6 in the ressies??

I Dont Think So The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

Did you watch the VFL match? Thought he looked like he didn't even have to get out of first gear. 6 goals was awesome but he didn't look like he was dominating, just always seemed to be in the right spots. Imagine when he's going at 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back