Preview Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Gabba, Saturday 26th August, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 44.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayesy in would mean Members must be on notice to hit the scoreboard. Finals spots up for grabs.
With no King, we will need Membrey to score if we want to win but his work up the ground in connecting the back half with the forwards has been vital in our performances the past 2 weeks. His work has got the team multiple goals, even if they haven't come off his boot.

It's funny with Hayes. I didn't think he was that brilliant but just knows where to be at just the right time. I guess that's a talent in itself. I do like him though. He's got real finals experience in a side that doesn't have much of it on the books. He was a leader in his SANFL sides and a big game player. He's still firing on three cylinders at the moment.

If we can get him in for some finals games he could be a real wildcard for us. he won the Oatley (SANFL Norm Smith) in a landslide in a GF with 26 possessions, 7 clearances and 1.2 playing with a fractured leg that stopped him training before the match. He's the type of fairytale player like a Stewie Dew who comes in and makes history.
Your post makes me highly aroused Gringos.

If he can get his body right he pushes Caminiti and Sharman out for the final as he is ready made physically and more versatile

Your post makes me highly aroused Gringos.

If he can get his body right he pushes Caminiti and Sharman out for the final as he is ready made physically and more versatile
Watch out for the crocs mate ........

Fishing *up.gif

Last edited:
It's funny with Hayes. I didn't think he was that brilliant but just knows where to be at just the right time. I guess that's a talent in itself. I do like him though. He's got real finals experience in a side that doesn't have much of it on the books. He was a leader in his SANFL sides and a big game player. He's still firing on three cylinders at the moment.

If we can get him in for some finals games he could be a real wildcard for us. he won the Oatley (SANFL Norm Smith) in a landslide in a GF with 26 possessions, 7 clearances and 1.2 playing with a fractured leg that stopped him training before the match. He's the type of fairytale player like a Stewie Dew who comes in and makes history.

I'll have some of what you are having.

Jeez I think some are expecting miracles from Hayes, but I reckon he has been brought in purely to add some physical strength at FF and in the ruck contests deep forward. His last game pre injury was just serviceable, and that was when he was fully fit. Unless he has a huge game, he will make way for King, but I do hope he gets through without injury. Sharman will probably play higher in the forward 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez I think some are expecting miracles from Hayes, but I reckon he has been brought in purely to add some physical strength at FF and in the ruck contests deep forward. His last game pre injury was just serviceable, and that was when he was fully fit. Unless he has a huge game, he will make way for King, but I do hope he gets through without injury. Sharman will probably play higher in the forward 50.

You'd think the Gabba is a ground tailor made for blokes like Cooper Sharman and Mason Wood. Plenty of space.

You always want King to play, but we have actually looked quite good this year when our forward structure has been more unpredictable. When there is no obvious focal point but lots of plausible threats, it presents a serious challenge to the defence.

Have to remember also that Hayes has only played 5 or 6 AFL games but showed he can adapt quickly because of his footy smarts.

All very good but it really means King won’t play for two weeks. A week off, the bye, then he plays. Otherwise any time a player misses a single game during the season it’s two weeks off. Or to take the crazy perspective for the point of argument, every player had a week off begeeen games, when that’s not the way we describe it, we just say “they play the next week”.
King coming back from his shoulder injury showed he can have a month off, come back and still kick a small bag at least

Have to remember also that Hayes has only played 5 or 6 AFL games but showed he can adapt quickly because of his footy smarts.
Age has a lot to do with it , many moons ago players were brought over from interstate and made there presence felt straight away - you only have to look at players like Jarman , Ken Hunter , Garry Sidebottom , Peter Bosustow etc.

Hayes has shown in a few games he can have a impact , he is no young kid - it's just funny how he was overlooked in drafts when he was producing in the SAFL.

Some guy rang SEN when i went to the shop at lunchtime.

"StKilda will beat Brisbane and Saints will win the Premiership.....NO DOUBT ABOUT IT".

Of course i immediately mortgaged my house and put it all on the Saints to win the Premiership, since there was "No Doubt about it ".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back