Preview Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Gabba, Saturday 26th August, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 44.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if it's partly strategic resting King so Andrews doesn't have a good matchup. So happy to see Hayes get a run.

Max has had some really good moments against Andrews in the past without really taking him to the cleaners.

Oh well, will have to wait until Sept 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HES BACK BABY!!!! BIG BOY JACKY!!!!

Honestly the saints social media team has nailed it again. George the insta post for Jacks return is absolutely elite content.
Are you tagging me because when I was 12 I thought I could sing like Nickleback?

Jack’s back on the big stage

RqaABU8.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one was allergic to the thought of King being “rested.”
Strange post especially as in actual fact he isn’t.
They are managing his shoulder in a relatively meaningless game and protecting further injury before the real season begins ( as RTB refers to it.) Very good player management.

Nobody else is being rested - exactly how it should be with a bye week afterwards. Don’t flirt with form we’ve just re-discovered.

Sorry mate, I think you're twisting a few things here. Firstly, people definitely were against resting players. Secondly, "managed" and "rested" are one and the same, i.e. they would be playing if they really had to. I was FOR resting/managed as it's good player management!

Frankly, your post is strange. You say it's "actual fact" that he isn't rested, then go one to say "nobody else is being rested". Takes a bit to get me defending myself haha, but that post was full of BS. Sorry again mate.

How good was the drive-by from The Boss on the Lions. Quick clean double tap, bang bang. "They're potentially a great team, they've got a lot of talent. But my boys work really hard and we've got a really good system, so we'll see where it takes us."

"Potentially great". The master at work.

Great to see Hayes included as he is a solid performer who contests and could be a X factor up forward and rucking in the finals.

If Hayes plays finals he could be the relief ruck for Ro, allowing Ro to rest up forward. Extra height up forward in the finals could be a difficult match up for any opposition. Owens and other who have been used in the ruck can concentrate on their primary roles.

King to be managed at this time means that he won't play for 3 weeks. Coming into the finals that's not ideal, however he must need the break.
All very good but it really means King won’t play for two weeks. A week off, the bye, then he plays. Otherwise any time a player misses a single game during the season it’s two weeks off. Or to take the crazy perspective for the point of argument, every player had a week off begeeen games, when that’s not the way we describe it, we just say “they play the next week”.

Sorry mate, I think you're twisting a few things here. Firstly, people definitely were against resting players. Secondly, "managed" and "rested" are one and the same, i.e. they would be playing if they really had to. I was FOR resting/managed as it's good player management!

Frankly, your post is strange. You say it's "actual fact" that he isn't rested, then go one to say "nobody else is being rested". Takes a bit to get me defending myself haha, but that post was full of BS. Sorry again mate.

Yep, I am against resting players - but Max is not being rested.
Rested means giving your players, usually the stars, a break.
Ross did this many years ago when he rested half the team (before the pre finals break was a thing).

He IS being managed - or rather his shoulder is - but if he didn’t have a shoulder currently held together by tape no doubt he would have been playing. His being managed due to this, is a good thing.

There IS a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back