Trades Round 3 trade plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1356967
I have no idea what to do. Gawn, Steele and Whitfield have all been disappointing, but I’ve done alright with my rookies and mid pricers. I’m 5k off Owens to Stephens. What would you guys do in my situation?
Are you going to be bringing in one of Sinn/Skinner when they're on the bubble next round? Or skipping entirely? Only option I can see to bring Stephens in is going early on one of those 2 for Gibcus and then using the funds to upgrade Owen.

If not 0 trades looks good, team is in great shape.

View attachment 1356967
I have no idea what to do. Gawn, Steele and Whitfield have all been disappointing, but I’ve done alright with my rookies and mid pricers. I’m 5k off Owens to Stephens. What would you guys do in my situation?
Tricky, Do you go backwards to go forwards or just end up going backwards.
I'd suggest hold and wait for non-promo's to ripen..
Gawn and Steele will turn around, when ????
Whitfield what better season long option is there, Sicily? Bowey? as downgrades
Hall as an upgrade maybe is a must for top 6 defender. but no other downgrade bar Steele and Gawn.

I would be focusing on getting the right rookies now.
Which looks like a mix of Brodie, Stephens missing from your team then maybe Rochelle as a third option.
All needing serious downgrade cash from somewhere.

Whifield to Sicily
Owens to Stephens IMO
Hope this helps.
Yeah that’s definitely an option. I would have preferred if Sicily or Houston really gave me a reason to do that trade though!

Are you going to be bringing in one of Sinn/Skinner when they're on the bubble next round? Or skipping entirely? Only option I can see to bring Stephens in is going early on one of those 2 for Gibcus and then using the funds to upgrade Owen.

If not 0 trades looks good, team is in great shape.
I’d definitely consider it, but who could know with how bad port are playing right now. I think I definitely stuffed up, not giving myself that extra 5k.

Tricky, Do you go backwards to go forwards or just end up going backwards.
I'd suggest hold and wait for non-promo's to ripen..
Gawn and Steele will turn around, when ????
Whitfield what better season long option is there, Sicily? Bowey? as downgrades
Hall as an upgrade maybe is a must for top 6 defender. but no other downgrade bar Steele and Gawn.

I would be focusing on getting the right rookies now.
Which looks like a mix of Brodie, Stephens missing from your team then maybe Rochelle as a third option.
All needing serious downgrade cash from somewhere.
I’ve already got Brodie mate but yeah I think holding might be the move. Just feel like if I can’t get Stephens, having two non playing bench midfield rookies could really burn me

Personally I'd go Steele and Owens to Cripps and Caldwell and get Ward back on the bench where he can slowly cash cow, without spudding up your score every other week.

Contemplating these trades to bolster up some more cash gen and decent scores on field.

OUT: Dusty Owens Turdin
IN: Bowey Caldwell Brodie

The theme here is each of these players have potentially bolstered their SC friendly roles over the next 4-6 weeks with key outs. Bowey/Salem, Caldwell/Zerrett & Brodie/Fyfe. Enough time to capitalize on some excellent $$ potential for important upgrades. Not particularly keen on using a boost this early but cash gen is key right now. I’ll marinate on this one for a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen Ginnivan play so can't comment. Does your answer change if you replace Ginnivan with a Durdin or McCreery?

Re Preuss - I mistakenly thought he would be #1 ruck ahead of Flynn and consequently be a good cash gen choice.
You’re going to trade in someone you haven’t seen play? Odd. No my answer doesn’t change for those options either. Dixon/Martin/Xerri good options if you’re trigger happy.

I thought Preuss was injured which is why he didn’t play Round 1?

View attachment 1356967
How about

Outs
Owens
Steele
Gawn

Ins
Stephens
Cripps
English

Cash reserve $399,300

I'm thinking Gawn out - Jackson and Heeney in.
Hoping Jackson has a few more good weeks, and get s a big price bump, while Gawn price falls.
only way I can get Heeney in as I think he is going to be top 5 forward this year

Thoughts?
No rush getting Heeney in. Grab him later. Can’t start with them all.

View attachment 1356967
Why do you need to do anything? One of the stronger sides I’ve seen TBH. Could almost just post the entire team in the Nailed It thread.

This is honestly the most nothing trade suggestion I have ever seen.
I wouldn’t go quite that far, but yeah, not great IMO. Dictionary definition of sideways.

Haven't got Crippa, Neale or Heeney but pretty happy with my team. Will ride Steele, Ridley and Gawn and only go Richards to Bowey.

Also Jordan Dawson has hopefully caught up on mis match fitness, -1 after the first quarter and finished with 99. Great things to come, especially when he gets the DPP.

You’re going to trade in someone you haven’t seen play? Odd. No my answer doesn’t change for those options either. Dixon/Martin/Xerri good options if you’re trigger happy.

I thought Preuss was injured which is why he didn’t play Round 1?
Preuss was suspended, that's why he didn't play round 1.

Not too sure what I’m gonna do with my trades, my team scored quite well. Gonna back Gawn and Steele again. I’m sort of thinking to get in Bowey, to spice up my second defensive line and for that cash gen, got the money to do it so it’s worth a shot.

So the trade would be

Grainger Barras (who I decided to play on field instead of Hinge for some stupid reason, cost me a chance to get 2400) to Bowey.

Bowey is a pass for me, if he averages 80 from now till his bye he wont make 150k, the 151 helps in the short term but the 58 he got in Round 1 when Salem missed virtually the whole game maybe an indicator as well. He would need to bang out 3 tons in a row to make 150k similar to CJ last year at the same price, the round 1 score has put a doubt in my mind Bowey can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back