Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sack Yze

If this club can't see that McAuliffe should be in the side then we might as well not even bother.

Extraordinary, reckon Newman who runs the mids is doing an internal sabotage on Yze for not getting the main job.
The problem was that when we got Yze in he should've been given a completely new lot of assistants bc having two from the Dimma regime still there they're emotionally attached to the old players and when the MC selects the team the sentiments are still there for kmac, Pickett and Grimes. Yze with them around will fall on their swords bc he will continue to get sucked in by them. Newman will be the RFC next coach if Yze doesn't take the full reins.

Angry David Ortiz GIF
Love Big Papi

I do believe the interchange will consist of these 4 Young, Miller, Sonsie, Rioli
Sub:
Dow

Not sure why they included Naismith he isn't going to play ahead of Miller who can play back/FWD or Ruck.
Banks and Lefau surely will be out.

Interchange from:Tyler Sonsie40Thomson Dow27Sam Banks41
Maurice Rioli10Mykelti Lefau42Sam Naismith24
Ben Miller46Tylar Young45

Last edited:

The problem was that when we got Yze in he should've been given a completely new lot of assistants bc having two from the Dimma regime still there they're emotionally attached to the old players and when the MC selects the team the sentiments are still there for kmac, Pickett and Grimes. Yze with them around will fall on their swords bc he will continue to get sucked in by them. Newman will be the RFC next coach if Yze doesn't take the full reins.
Yeah, I'm just taking the piss but its bloody disappointing.

Our assistant coaches are bloody useless. We will be doing a 2016 clean out in the future.

newman prob against mcauliffe in

dow fanboy

11 players under 50 games in the squad and people are complaining that we're not young enough. If we were to add any more youth, we'd run the risk of becoming too uncompetitive and end up in a similar position to what North & WCE have been in in recent years. If people are disappointed with not winning games currently, imagine how bad the reactions would be if we're getting belted by 10+ each week. So we need to maintain a mix of youth & experience to remain as competitive as we've been in the last 2 games against Port & Carlton and now coming up against a red hot Swans outfit sending a team full of kids out would be lambs to the slaughter.

11 players under 50 games in the squad and people are complaining that we're not young enough. If we were to add any more youth, we'd run the risk of becoming too uncompetitive and end up in a similar position to what North & WCE have been in in recent years. If people are disappointed with not winning games currently, imagine how bad the reactions would be if we're getting belted by 10+ each week. So we need to maintain a mix of youth & experience to remain as competitive as we've been in the last 2 games against Port & Carlton and now coming up against a red hot Swans outfit sending a team full of kids out would be lambs to the slaughter.
I do agree with this RT.
But I don’t see much quality among our youth at all.
That’s my biggest concern right now.

Sack Yze

If this club can't see that McAuliffe should be in the side then we might as well not even bother.

Extraordinary, reckon Newman who runs the mids is doing an internal sabotage on Yze for not getting the main job.

I’m happy for mcauliffe to start in the vfl and get that confidence of being the main man. We aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Let the kid get some experience, VFL is still well above colts.

Sonsie on the other hand, needs to step to afl level. He’s a few years and it’s about time he started to demand a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m disappointed he isn’t named but the more I think about it it probably makes sense

In previous years we have seen draftees with better resumes struggle to play afl level in the middle and most need to be played either as a forward or a back

His form in the vfl if we include the practice games has been a little inconsistent and he didn’t look super ready during the pre season match sim yet

I’m sure he will get a crack but understand that the club are being patient as well
Especially because we currently don’t have our best midfield in that can protect him to an extent as well

No point throwing him to the wolves

Mad Kicking And Screaming GIF by MOODMAN

I’m disappointed he isn’t named but the more I think about it it probably makes sense

In previous years we have seen draftees with better resumes struggle to play afl level in the middle and most need to be played either as a forward or a back

His form in the vfl if we include the practice games has been a little inconsistent and he didn’t look super ready during the pre season match sim yet

I’m sure he will get a crack but understand that the club are being patient as well
Especially because we currently don’t have our best midfield in that can protect him to an extent as well

No point throwing him to the wolves
And we play in Adelaide next week.

I do believe the interchange will consist of these 4 Young, Miller, Sonsie, Rioli
Sub:
Dow

Not sure why they included Naismith he isn't going to play ahead of Miller who can play back/FWD or Ruck.
Banks and Lefau surely will be out.

Interchange from:Tyler Sonsie40Thomson Dow27Sam Banks41
Maurice Rioli10Mykelti Lefau42Sam Naismith24
Ben Miller46Tylar Young45
No chance Dow is sub. He can't make a ******* impact in a full game, let alone the last quarter.

I do agree with this RT.
But I don’t see much quality among our youth at all.
That’s my biggest concern right now.
Understandable, but we're only 3 games in and the first 3 games we've used 32 players already possibly 33 if Sonsie gets picked. We've had little chance to build any consistency or continuity in game plan structures or even roles for a lot of players. Hopefully we get a chance to start getting a settled line up and building that consistency & continuity.

I know Lefau was underwhelming last week, but I want to see a bigger sample. Aliir and Ratagolea are big mobile units, Myketi wasn’t able to body them And Lynch still finding his feet made it a lot easier for the Port defenders to dominate aerial contests.
I’d be playing Clarke in front of MRJ , and McAullifes non selection is surprising . Interested to see if he plays in the VFL. Maybe he has some soreness after last week ( was a lot quieter in the 2nd half of the game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back