Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to see the actual team named, I think Macaullife doesn't need to be rushed.

If he's ready for AFL then he will play well again in the VFL this week. If he doesn't, then he's not ready for AFL anyway.

Another good game and he could be playing next week.

The concern for me is he drops kids, but old players playing like s**t seem to have a leave pass.

In what world is playing Macintosh better for us than playing Clarke?

Macintosh doesn't make us "more competitive".

Never seen a team get kissed on the dick like the filth. You cant touch them. Lions should've had more frees ump putting the whistle away when it comes to the lions
not corrupt in any way

Selection remains baffling:

- Dow had an impressive 34 disposals as a permanent midfielder, exactly what we need!

...wait, that was across 3 full games, oh... WTF is he still doing in the team? 6 (the *?!), 16, and 12. Also 4 tackles TOTAL across those 3 games. I don't care if McAuliffe is new; reward form in intra-clubs, VFL practice games, and VFL round 1, he has racked it up in all of those games. Dow has not only not earned his spot with those 3 performances, he should have flat out lost it. May not be in the 23 but still.

- I know he might not make the final 23, but Banks in the side is equally baffling, 5 disposals in 3 and a bit quarters, Clarke replaces him and has 4 in 20 minutes. Clearly the better player at all levels but is the one omitted, and we already have wingers McIntosh and Pickett. Why is Banks playing?

- Lefau, well, probably harsh to only give him one crack, but he did nothing, again Clarke should at least be in the squad.

If it had been me:

Brown, Young, Grimes
Vlastuin, Miller, Short
Clarke, Ross, Sonsie
Martin, Balta, Campbell
M Rioli, Lynch, Mansell
Nankervis, Bolton, Taranto
D Rioli, Baker, Pickett, McAuliffe

SUB: Cumberland

OUT: Trezise (inj), Banks, Lefau, Dow, McIntosh
IN: Young, Clarke, Sonsie, McAuliffe, M Rioli, Cumberland (SUB)

EDIT: Forgot about Broad, he could come in for Grimes.

Need to see the actual team named, I think Macaullife doesn't need to be rushed.

If he's ready for AFL then he will play well again in the VFL this week. If he doesn't, then he's not ready for AFL anyway.

Another good game and he could be playing next week.

The concern for me is he drops kids, but old players playing like s**t seem to have a leave pass.

In what world is playing Macintosh better for us than playing Clarke?

Macintosh doesn't make us "more competitive".
McIntosh might not make us more competitive by getting his hands on the footy, but come the last quarter he'll still be running as hard as he was at the start of the game, which maybe enables us to hold structure and execute the game plan a little better than we would with a younger player, who is not quite as able to to run out the game as well.

That's why some of these older guys, that are constantly being targeted to get dropped each week, are holding their spots at the moment, because they are important to structure. When we've lost structure in games, that is when opposition teams open us up more.

McIntosh might not make us more competitive by getting his hands on the footy, but come the last quarter he'll still be running as hard as he was at the start of the game, which maybe enables us to hold structure and execute the game plan a little better than we would with a younger player, who is not quite as able to to run out the game as well.

That's why some of these older guys, that are constantly being targeted to get dropped each week, are holding their spots at the moment, because they are important to structure. When we've lost structure in games, that is when opposition teams open us up more.

Majority of this board would pull every lever at any chance they get. People here genuinely think any loss is an excuse to sack half the 22 and play the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majority of this board would pull every lever at any chance they get. People here genuinely think any loss is an excuse to sack half the 22 and play the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And can not comprehend that more goes on than they see when watching. You now have 3 coaches, 1 from outside the system, making the same decision they don't agree with and instead of thinking that maybe they're missing something, they assume all 3 are wrong and they're right 🤔🤔🤔

I knew this would happen, they want to see a decent body of work from him before deciding to debut him but our season could be over by then.
Yeh let's throw him in before he's ready so he has a s**t game, trashes his confidence and all you nuffies turn on him in an instant.

It often pays off to me patience. If he's not ready then he's not ready.

Lefau: 1 game.
Young: 21 games.
Rioli: 29 games
Banks: 8 games
Dow: 20 games
Sonsie: 10 games
Mansell: 34 games
Campbell: 3 games
Brown: 2 games
Half of those guys are playing because of injuries & players like Mansell, M. Rioli & Dow will never be great players of the future.

Are we tanking already?
No McAuliffe
Banks and Lefau kept: and
Clarke dropped whilst hacks like a McIntosh, Mansell and Broad play.
Yze is making a stuffen mess of selection already.
I’ve got Easter Sunday free now cause I ain’t going
Broads a hack now? Man some of you really have nfi

Yeh let's throw him in before he's ready so he has a s**t game, trashes his confidence and all you nuffies turn on him in an instant.

It often pays off to me patience. If he's not ready then he's not ready.
Donald Trump Whatever GIF

Put him in!, put him in!, put him in!

Half of those guys are playing because of injuries & players like Mansell, M. Rioli & Dow will never be great players of the future.
Oh I forgot it doesnt actually count as them playing if it's because of an injury. That's often how young players get the chance mate.

So play the kids but don't actually play the kids? Bet you would've had Ross on that list a couple years ago two. Some players take time

Oh I forgot it doesnt actually count as them playing if it's because of an injury. That's often how young players get the chance mate.

So play the kids but don't actually play the kids? Bet you would've had Ross on that list a couple years ago two. Some players take time
Still playing Pickett & McIntosh there still playing a similar structure & setup to what we we did last year, only our pressure & tackling is even worse.
When Yze got the job he said we would be hard to play against & he thought our pressure game had gone downhill right now it's worse than what it was last season. fact

11 players under 50 games in the squad and people are complaining that we're not young enough. If we were to add any more youth, we'd run the risk of becoming too uncompetitive and end up in a similar position to what North & WCE have been in in recent years. If people are disappointed with not winning games currently, imagine how bad the reactions would be if we're getting belted by 10+ each week. So we need to maintain a mix of youth & experience to remain as competitive as we've been in the last 2 games against Port & Carlton and now coming up against a red hot Swans outfit sending a team full of kids out would be lambs to the slaughter.

I’m not an advocate of overloading with kids. However, playing both McIntosh and Pickett week in and week out does my head in.

Why not just play Clarke over McIntosh this week?

I don’t mind giving Sonsie a game over MCII. Sonsie is into his third season and MCII has played 1 x VFL game. Sonsie was also very good on the weekend and clearly dedicated himself over the pre-season to be rock hard fit - I don’t mind Sonsinle getting the nod. If MCII carves it up again in VFL then he will have knocked the door down and will come in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fact is we were always going to have a couple more younger players in the team this year than last as Cotch & Riewoldt retired, so 2 spots in the 22 opened up.

The problems is there is not one player that was in our regular best 22 last season that has been phased out of the team.
I'm looking at the playing list right now am i missing someone?

I’m not an advocate of overloading with kids. However, playing both McIntosh and Pickett week in and week out does my head in.

Why not just play Clarke over McIntosh this week?

I don’t mind giving Sonsie a game over MCII. Sonsie is into his third season and MCII has played 1 x VFL game. Sonsie was also very good on the weekend and clearly dedicated himself over the pre-season to be rock hard fit - I don’t mind Sonsinle getting the nod. If MCII carves it up again in VFL then he will have knocked the door down and will come in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As I said earlier, the guys like McIntosh & Pickett who are proven players in the wing role, are being played because at the moment they are better able to run out games than the kids are, which means we maintain structure better than we would with a tiring kid in the role. It's why Banks has been subbed out of his 2 games as he struggles to run out the game still.

Well I'd rather lose by 48 than 30 if that's the case rather than playing someone that isn't taking us anywhere.

We aren't winning games with them either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back