• Melbourne by 21-49

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Melbourne by 50+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct decision re rowbottom. needs to put multiple 30 plus possessions up in the neafl before being given an afl game.

Jack over Rose is a farce.

What was the point in re-signing Rose if we're not bringing him in weeks like this. It was as good a chance as any to see what Rose has got and we bring in KJ. Stupid move.

What was the point in re-signing Rose if we're not bringing him in weeks like this. It was as good a chance as any to see what Rose has got and we bring in KJ. Stupid move.
We have seen on so many occasions what rose has to offer and that is sweet f a. Yeh he piles on the stats in the NEAFL but he just can’t do it at afl level. I can’t for the life of me figure out why we re signed him. Jack on the other hand is a premership player, an all Australian and an ex captain. I know who I’d be taking

I like the two

I would of gone Rose for ronke as well

We have seen on so many occasions what rose has to offer and that is sweet f a. Yeh he piles on the stats in the NEAFL but he just can’t do it at afl level. I can’t for the life of me figure out why we re signed him

The only reasons I can see is list balance, development opportunity and then age. Robinson, Towers and Marsh had hit their ceiling, whereas Rose is a year younger and whilst you’re probably right, has at least shown improvement (mostly at NEAFL level) for pretty much every season he has been at the club. So the club took the punt on the one that might continue to improve and cut those that had hit their ceiling.

I have just watched the NEAFL game from the weekend and after that I am now really in the frame for McInerney to debut this week. He has speed, foot skills and coming in as a bit of an unknown against a shaky Demons is something that should be exciting for us. I think the ball winners are in reasonable form so Rowbottom probably can wait a week or two, Jones looks good in the middle and it really frees up a spot for a speedy defender with some rebound, after all its speed that we need. Also, we dont want to lose too much in the foot skills department with Macca's inury and this kid has got some solid foot skills. To me, this is a perfect game to bring him in.

Play Jack in the middle, Parker to go forward and McInerney off half back

I would push the button on him rather than bring COR back in.

My amended ins and outs IN - Jack, McInerney
OUT - Hayward, McVeigh
I have just watched the NEAFL game from the weekend and after that I am now really in the frame for McInerney to debut this week. He has speed, foot skills and coming in as a bit of an unknown against a shaky Demons is something that should be exciting for us. I think the ball winners are in reasonable form so Rowbottom probably can wait a week or two, Jones looks good in the middle and it really frees up a spot for a speedy defender with some rebound, after all its speed that we need. Also, we dont want to lose too much in the foot skills department with Macca's inury and this kid has got some solid foot skills. To me, this is a perfect game to bring him in.

Play Jack in the middle, Parker to go forward and McInerney off half back

I would push the button on him rather than bring COR back in.

My amended ins and outs IN - Jack, McInerney
OUT - Hayward, McVeigh

Kudos, you called it!!

Your comments were also echoed by Horse. May you both be right.

C'mon people, Jack was getting a game sooner or later, injuries just sped things up a bit. J Mac is the interesting one, thought Rose would get another go

Yeah, plus we just lost 300 games of experience in McVeigh - it doesn't hurt to bring in a 250-gamer in a team where 11 players haven't played 80 games. [CORRECTION - 12 players]

Great to see McInerney get a chance. He's a natural footballer and eventually he's going to electrifying off half-back. I'm sure he'll get on the outside for a few tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ripper

Said I wanted him in

Kid could well just play at the level. He does have that feel about him.

Side got quicker overall too I reckon. Players with a turn of speed McInerney, Cunningham, Florent, Jones, Papley, Blakey, Ronke even Buddy, Rampe, Aliir, Lloyd, Jack are pretty quick (all of the above at the very least on the burst).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get off the ice pipe kingy!!! Haha I almost always agree with you but I feel like you might have hit your head a little too hard today

just concerned about ronke, but time will tell

i did hit my head today though

If I were the 5 players who played better than Jack (much better than Jack) in the reserves last week I would be feeling pretty annoyed right now. Hell, one of those 5 players is 17 and is not old enough to be in the AFL and even he deserves to be a little ticked off.

I would guess there are concerns over having too many inexperienced guys in

"McInerney couldn’t even make his firsts team at school..."

Better to have young players than a guy who only got 22 disposals in the NEAFL. Having experience only works if the experienced player is at the level required.

true

im probably being naive but i think jack if his injuries are behind him, has something left

Better to have young players than a guy who only got 22 disposals in the NEAFL. Having experience only works if the experienced player is at the level required.

Did Jack play the last quarter? Or was he pulled from the game as Horse suggested some players would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back