Preview Round 4 -Brisbane Lions v Collingwood Magpies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Priors the key to beating Collingwood. Fmd.

This club might as well ******* fold, how can we not have Brownlow and Norm Smith medalists ready to come in from reserves to be the key to beat clubs!!!

This club might as well ******* fold, how can we not have Brownlow and Norm Smith medalists ready to come in from reserves to be the key to beat clubs!!!

Yeah thats exactly what I meant.

What does Prior give us that just keeping Answerth in doesnt? Is Prior better than Answerth?

Yeah thats exactly what I meant.

What does Prior give us that just keeping Answerth in doesnt? Is Prior better than Answerth?

Yeah answerths the difference to beating Collingwood. FMD

Yeah, well, I'd love to melt, but it's pretty clear nothing is going to change selection wise. Fort in and out depending on opposition and players 20-26 on the list rotated through the wings and flanks.

The biggest issue this team seems to have is complacency/ soft underbelly/ call it what you like. Having 18-20 untouchables can't be a good thing in that regard.

Last edited:
No he's a whipping boy - Fagan has swapped one whipping boy, Prior, for another, Fort and dropped his pet Answerth
So you're saying thay your perception of who are coaches pets and who are whipping boys are incorrect?

Seriously though, do you honestly believe that it's the head coach alone who picks the team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying thay your perception of who are coaches pets and who are whipping boys are incorrect?

Seriously though, do you honestly believe that it's the head coach alone who picks the team?
Pretty much. Coaches always have had final say.

Fagan has lost his bottle. He is a flat out chicken and should not be coaching next year. He has busted out the MULLIGANS AGAIN!

I was at the Bulldogs game and we were terrible, but Fagan is too lacking in the courage to drop out of form players and reward players who have senior experience and are in good form. I'm tipping we are going to start to lose players next season.

He is gone, because there are too many untouchables in this team.

I hope we win, but even if we do, I'm not expecting much out of this year.

Fagan has lost his bottle. He is a flat out chicken and should not be coaching next year. He has busted out the MULLIGANS AGAIN!

I was at the Bulldogs game and we were terrible, but Fagan is too lacking in the courage to drop out of form players and reward players who have senior experience and are in good form. I'm tipping we are going to start to lose players next season.

He is gone, because there are too many untouchables in this team.

I hope we win, but even if we do, I'm not expecting much out of this year.
This is why we won’t win a premiership under Fages with this mob unfortunately.

A strong and successful coach like Scott, Clarkson, Lyon, Buckley or Hardwick would be dropping any player (no matter their status) in the reserves if they are not performing at the appropriate level for the team, compared to a coach like Hinkley or Fages is basically dropping the odd whipping boy in the side and keeping their “favourites” in the main side until it is impossible to keep them in the side any longer.

Hell, when was the last time (if ever) Fages and co dropped multiple experienced players from the AFL side that were performing horrible, in exchange for players in the VFL that were playing consistent footy, week in and week out?

Not a Prior fan myself, don't rate him that highly but I hope he can prove people (including myself) wrong.

This is why we won’t win a premiership under Fages with this mob unfortunately.

A strong and successful coach like Scott, Clarkson, Lyon, Buckley or Hardwick would be dropping any player (no matter their status) in the reserves if they are not performing at the appropriate level for the team, compared to a coach like Hinkley or Fages is basically dropping the odd whipping boy in the side and keeping their “favourites” in the main side until it is impossible to keep them in the side any longer.

Hell, when was the last time (if ever) Fages and co dropped multiple experienced players from the AFL side that were performing horrible, in exchange for players in the VFL that were playing consistent footy, week in and week out?
Finals last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back