Preview Round 4 -Brisbane Lions v Collingwood Magpies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have been good for 4 years so fair enough we have undroppables.

But given the flat spots over the past 2 years surely we have too many?

Atm daniher, dunkley, clugga, berry, ashcroft, neale, rich, linc, zork, rayner, coleman, cameron, mckenna, darcy, hippy, harris, bailey, starc, payne, oscar, gunston

I don’t reckon any of them have actually been dropped

Yes some of them not many games

But that’s 21…

Not a Prior fan myself, don't rate him that highly but I hope he can prove people (including myself) wrong.
Fagan will drop him next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posters. Anyway I feel a bit icky posting about it tbh. Haha
Was it me ? He hates me.

Let's face it there's been a lot going on at the club behind the scenes and they're all a bit precious.

Just watch for the first bounce tomorrow. If Cam goes to the forward half we might see a change up in energy.

Atm daniher, dunkley, clugga, berry, ashcroft, neale, rich, linc, zork, rayner, coleman, cameron, mckenna, darcy, hippy, harris, bailey, starc, payne, oscar, gunston

But that’s 21…

Yeah agree, we have been good, but not great. That's not a list chock full of premiership and/ or multiple AA players.

Guys like Rayner, Hipwood and Berry I don't recall having ever been dropped. Sure, they have all shown potential and played good football over the years. It has certainly been important to pump games into them, but not once?

Then in past years, we have had older guys like Birchall who, at various points, seemed to hold down a position purely on past deeds/ the idea that the backline needed an on-field coach. More recently Lyons was persisted with for weeks despite it being clear to everyone he wasn't up to it (turned out he was injured of course). This year it's looking likely McCarthy will play regardless of form, and you would imagine Gunston as well if past selection policy continues. Like you say it's only really 2 - 3 spots available regardless of form. I don't see that as good for the club at any level.

The likelihood is that the guys under the pump at the moment will play some decent football in coming weeks and their continued selection will be seen as warranted. But what if we are a better side with Fort as a ruck forward in the place of Hipwood, Joe or Gunston? What if we are a better team with Ah Chee and/ or Prior in the forward line as more blue-collar types. What if we played Dev in the middle for a while and he makes us a better team?

Yeah agree, we have been good, but not great. That's not a list choc full of premiership and/ or multiple AA players.

Guys like Rayner, Hipwood and Berry I don't recall having ever been dropped. Sure, they have all shown potential and played good football over the years. It has certainly been important to pump games into them, but not once?

Then in past years, we have had older guys like Birchall who, at various points, seemed to hold down a position purely on past deeds/ the idea that the backline needed an on field coach. More recently Lyons was persisted with for weeks despite it being clear to everyone he wasn't up to it. This year it's looking likely McCarthy will play regardless of form, and you would imagine Gunston as well if past selection policy continues. Like you say it's only really 2 - 3 spots available regardless of form. I don't see that as good for the club at any level.

The likelihood is that the guys under the pump at the moment, will play some decent football in coming weeks and their continued selection will be seen as warranted. But what if we are a better side with Fort as a ruck forward in the place of Hipwood, Joe or Gunston? What if we are a better team with Ah Chee and/ or Prior in the forward line as more blue collar types. What if we played Dev in the middle for a while and he makes us a better team?
For sure. I'm here to support the club as everyone is but as soon as the suggestion of a few changes is made those who think they know about footy make out anyone suggesting it are idiots . Which they're not. All the successful coaches since whenever have given their teams a rocket by dropping name players who aren't performing.

Fages has a mental block over that. This is a big year for him. And the club.

I wish Mighty Lions would come back. I miss him giving it to anyone who dare suggest the club might have it wrong coaching and playing wise. Maybe really go the full melt if we stink it up tomorrow and he won't be able to stop himself.

But I think we'll go allright tomorrow now that some issues are out there.

But that’s 21…
Payne has been dropped before. I wouldn’t be surprised if Payne was to get dropped, especially when/if Gardiner comes back in. Coleman used to get dropped but I would be surprised to see him dropped now though.

For sure. I'm here to support the club as everyone is but as soon as the suggestion of a few changes is made those who think they know about footy make out anyone suggesting it are idiots . Which they're not. All the successful coaches since whenever have given their teams a rocket by dropping name players who aren't performing.

I wish Mighty Lions would come back. I miss him giving it to anyone who dare suggest the club might have it wrong coaching and playing wise. Maybe really go the full melt if we stink it up tomorrow and he won't be able to stop himself.

You sir, are an ornament to our Board.

Payne has been dropped before. I wouldn’t be surprised if Payne was to get dropped, especially when/if Gardiner comes back in. Coleman used to get dropped but I would be surprised to see him dropped now though.
Coleman was right off the pace last week. I know people pass all the protocols and whatever but why not just give him another week and ease him back.

Apparently he was AA before the season started.

I know this because I was guilty myself for 40 years. You tend to overrate your own players. It's human nature.

FWIW I would call what he posted and then deleted a meltdown.

FWIW I would call what he posted and then deleted a meltdown.
Well whatever it was Mighty Lions is a passionate supporter and his heart's in the right place for sure.

But if you're taking it out on anonymous posters on a blog just having their say that's not good for your mental health.

I'm sure when he calms down and we have a couple of wins he'll be back.

Coleman was right off the pace last week. I know people pass all the protocols and whatever but why not just give him another week and ease him back.

Apparently he was AA before the season started.

I know this because I was guilty myself for 40 years. You tend to overrate your own players. It's human nature.
I wasn’t saying he shouldn‘t ever be dropped, just that he has earns his place in the top 18 and given past decisions when it comes to dropping guys who are far out of form, I don’t see him being dropped ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back