Preview Round 4: Essendon vs Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Friday 5/04/24 @ 8:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

silk

Premium Platinum
Sep 10, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
🎶Believe it or not, silk isn't at home, please leave a message underneath. I must be out, or I'd write this preview, Where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home.🎶

George Costanza Shrug GIF

ChatGPT, Write me a preview for the upcoming AFL game between Essendon and Port Adelaide in Round 4.
The upcoming AFL clash between Port Adelaide and Essendon is expected to be an exciting match. Port Adelaide, known for their strong performance at home, will look to leverage their home-ground advantage and passionate crowd support. Essendon, on the other hand, will aim to overcome their previous challenges against Port Adelaide and bring a competitive edge to the game.

Both teams have had their share of ups and downs in the season, and this game could be pivotal in their quest for a strong finish. Fans can anticipate a high-energy game with both sides eager to claim victory. Keep an eye out for key players who could turn the tide with their performances on the field. It’s all set to be a thrilling encounter! 🏉

ChatGPT, Who are the key players to watch out for?

For the upcoming AFL game between Port Adelaide and Essendon, key players to watch include:

Port Adelaide:
  • Zak Butters: Known for his aggressive decision-making and neat skills, Butters finished with 28 disposals, seven clearances, and 615m gained in their last encounter.
  • Connor Rozee: With 30 disposals, six intercepts, and a goal, Rozee’s performance can significantly impact the game’s outcome.
Essendon:
  • Jye Caldwell: A versatile player who had 17 disposals and was involved in multiple key plays in the previous game.
  • Sam Draper: As a ruckman, Draper’s 16 disposals and 24 hit-outs make him a crucial player for Essendon’s midfield dominance.
These players have shown their ability to influence the game’s flow and will be ones to keep an eye on during the match. 🏈

ChatGPT, Who is going to win this game?

Predicting the outcome of sports games can be quite challenging due to the many variables involved. However, according to a data-driven prediction model, Port Adelaide has a 67% chance of winning the upcoming game against Essendon. It’s important to remember that while predictions can give us an idea of the likely outcome, the actual result can only be determined by the performance on the day of the match.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

One last thing, ChatGPT - Can you make some terrible AI art for this match to use as a cover photo?

Last edited:

Surely Ridley is available. Really need his composure down back. Not sure what happened to Setterfield but I hope he is available too. Port's bigger bodies will otherwise bully us.

Midfield dominance kept us in it all 3 games. Hopefully the midfield performance so far this year is the new standard.

Last edited:
At this stage for me

Out: Durham (concussion), Menzie (omitted)
In: Hind (sub), A.Davey

Hobbs moves into the midfield, Hind comes in to play half forward, Davey comes in to add some speed and pressure at ground level forward of centre.

We should get a couple of decent players back for this game in Setterfield & Ridley. I wonder if Shiel is a smokey to play..??
He needs like 5 games in the VFL before coming back in. He's always super rusty first up.

Can't keep carrying Menzie too, depending on VFL form tomorrow I'd go with any small that has defensive pressure.

Ins: Setterfield Davey Ridley

Outs: Durham Menzie Laverde

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott said they could have played him but they didn’t want to play someone that wasn’t 100%.

IN - Ridley and Setterfield
OUT - Laverde and Durham (for the week).

Guelfi will be close to being available. If so, out Menzie and in Guelfi.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Their forward line is very dangerous. Dixon can get a hold of us, as can Marshall. Really gonna miss Reid this week on Marshall imo.

Who are the 3 keys in PA's forward line?

Dixon - McKay
Marshall - Laverde
Finlayson - Ridley

Would that be about right? I think we keep Lav in, if for nothing else but extra height

*This is all assuming Rids comes back this week

OUT: Durham, Menzie
IN: Setterfield, Hind
Plus - depending on who plays well in the reserves today could come in as SUB

Team;-

Heppell McKay Lav
Martin Redman McGrath
Kelly Parish Duursma
Perkins Langford Gresham
Jones Stringer Hind

Draper Caldwell Merrett

Bench: Setterfield Hobbs Cox Goldy
SUB: Roberts/Davey/Tsatas

In - ridley setterfield
out - Durham laverde

sub - hind

I’d give Menzie 1 more week before dropping him. Don’t mind the forward mix atm even though he’s not playing extremely well, still had some moments. Thought we looked even better forward of the ball when Menzie Gresham and hind were down there.

We should get a couple of decent players back for this game in Setterfield & Ridley. I wonder if Shiel is a smokey to play..??
Not sure he is. Not playing VFL this week either. Abdominal strain.

I thought this week (and last year) showed how much we miss setters. Is he our best mid? No but having a big body in their that can match bigger mids pound for pound is super important to our structure.

We are going to badly miss him if he’s out for a more extended period.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back