Autopsy Round 4 = GWS 66-64 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but it's more that he doesn't really impact the aerial contest as much as he should for being the tallest player ever - so we're automatically down a player who provides defensive pressure. If that makes sense.

Anyway, you're dead right and De Goey really needs to pull his finger out imo.
I reckon he does use his height and impact aerial contests hugely. Gets his hands to more than anyone else going around. The problem is that he drops a heap he gets clean hands to and we don't get players to the fall of the ball.

I must admit, I havent read all of the pages, so apologies if it has been dealt with.
I think the game was a muligan.
We couldn't play that poorly again if we tried and still should have won.
Pendles went at 58%, nobody could hold a mark, we just looked clumsy.
Someone will say it was the GWS pressure but i dont buy that. We looked off from the start and i made mention of our sloppiness at the start.

Howe is the only sore point i take from the game.
We are better than that standard and if that standard nearly wins us the game, then look out when we click back.
Still think we are the front runners this season. .

I must admit, I havent read all of the pages, so apologies if it has been dealt with.
I think the game was a muligan.
We couldn't play that poorly again if we tried and still should have won.
Granted we missed opportunities, but you’re being disingenuous to GWS who had our measure until Davis and Williams went off.

Christ I was disappointed after that loss - really stung.

Perspective after 36 hours is always worthwhile to take on board. End of the day we should have still won, I'm not for excuses but its how thing would have fallen if we could kick straight. We're still no doubt serious contenders, but no point in having a head-in-the-sand attitude.

Howe a massive loss, but we do have good defensive depth - expect Scharenberg to get his chance.

Real problems across Phillips, Hoskin-Elliott, C.Brown & T.Brown - not to mention C.Mayne having the same old issues that prove costly, and the genuine lack of potency in both Mihocek/Cox.

We were $5 favourites for the flag before the match with Richmond $5.50, now we’re $5.50 favourites and Richmond is $7.

So say what you like about gambling, but the “money” doesn’t suggest our season is over yet.

We were $5 favourites for the flag before the match with Richmond $5.50, now we’re $5.50 favourites and Richmond is $7.

So say what you like about gambling, but the “money” doesn’t suggest our season is over yet.

Well I'm all for following the money.

However this was a damming loss because a win would have given us a nice points break from 2 other key contenders, Richmond and WCE, prior to heading into the WA hub. These are chances you just gotta take.

This forum is a joke! The amount of negativity in here after we’ve lost our first game for the season by 2 points.
Calling for Buckley’s head? Lol, get a grip people. We’re one of the best sides in it and we’re a real chance for a flag this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see anyone calling for Buckley's head. But there were a lot of suspected weaknesses exposed and most importantly we have lost Howe for the season. There are some pretty good reasons for despondency. If you don't see them, you're lucky.

Isn’t it ridiculous. We must be 0/4 and coming off 60pt loss. If we converted one more goal and none of them would be crying. Horrible supporters with negative attitudes.

We’ve played last years grand finalists and are 1 draw and 1 loss by 2pts (kick straight and win) and season is over. 🤡

Treloar in next week is huge, Howe is irreplaceable however glass half full perspective is at least we have plenty of good defenders to bring in.
Who are the 'plenty of good defenders' likely to replace Howe?

Very frustrating loss. Especially since we blew so many opportunities late.

We were far from our best, with so many players down on their usual output. Yet we still did enough to win the game. So that is heartening in some regards.

I think GWS have worked out that you need to stop Sidebottom. Once he was tagged out of the game (and with not Treloar), it put too much reliance on Pendles and Adams. Unfortunately we did not get any input from De Goey or Elliott as midfielders, and Phillips continues to play forward.

There were so many small moments we squandered. A silly free kick to Finlayson, a stubbed kick from Maynard, easy misses from Phillips, Cal Brown, De Goey, Pendlebury, Mayne...and a poster from WHE. While at the other end Cameron kicked a beauty from 50. We need to sharped our set shot kicking badly.

Who are the 'plenty of good defenders' likely to replace Howe?

I never said Howe can be replaced just like you couldn’t replace Pendles if he’s out, but seeing as you are another sook like half this forum, sharenburg, Dunn, Magden, langdon (hopefully soon), Murphy, Quaynor all can play roles, sure it requires adjusting but we have a lot more depth than other clubs. I’ll say it again, We lost by 2 pts. Geelong just lost their AA defender for a good 6 weeks with collarbone, wonder if they are crying season over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back