Round 4 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I just want the Swans to come out and belt them into next week. We need an awesome win against a hyped up Vic team that doesn't have the excuse the Hawks did.

At the SCG where we generally only lose to bogey teams (Adelaide, and Bulldogs are going that way), we should be able to beat them, and damnit I hope we beat them well.

heyy people i think that it will go down to the wire n who ever plays better outta goodes n judd (GO GOODSY) will win. we need to feed our ball better to hall i would put young jesse white in the goal square if its not hallys day just to see wat he can do n let hall ruck 4 a bit (depending on his groin) GO THE SWANS:thumbsu:

heyy people i think that it will go down to the wire n who ever plays better outta goodes n judd (GO GOODSY) will win. we need to feed our ball better to hall i would put young jesse white in the goal square if its not hallys day just to see wat he can do n let hall ruck 4 a bit (depending on his groin) GO THE SWANS:thumbsu:

Hey leighzaa. Dont drink and post, your writeing is all crooked.

First post ive seen of yours so welcome.. I go bowling down your way by the way, from time to time.

Moore doesn't have the finishing skills to be a consistant small forward. He missed a couple gettable shots at crucial times. You need to be able to finish if you want to be dangerous, ala Milne, Rioli. Moore doesn't have it yet, which is why it's disappointing.

I bet Moore and Co would love to get the delivery that Milne and Rioli get. They are given room to move around the forard line and they do not have have anyone like Hall who constantly demands the ball be directed to him and usually the blokes upfield try and get it to him who often stuffs it up.

Pyke sounds like he is getting very close to selection. 19 touches in the most recent Reserves match (apparently) is impressive and he has been kicking a few goals as well. As others have said, if he comes in it would allow Jesse to plant himself in the forward line, taking some attention off BBBH and generally giving us more options up forward. I reckon this could be the week for Pyke with us coming up against 2 young ruckman (Kreuzer and Jacobs) and an under sized ruckman (Cloke).

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/pyke-closer-to-season-goal/2009/04/13/1239474817389.html

Yeah, Roosy sounds impressed with the guy, and Sports Tonight ran a piece last night saying he was close to selection. I didn't watch it when he was elevated from the Rookie list, so maybe they also said something then, but the fact that they ran the article this week after three other weeks where I'd suggest he was close for selection, and the fact Roosy said he played really well in the 2's, makes me think he'll get the gig.

When was the last time a Saturday arvo game was played in Sydney? I can't recall one.
The Swans have never played a traditional Sat.arvo(2.10pm)in Sydney however I do recall a match ,i think against the Bulldogs a decade ago where the game started at 4.40pm on a Saturday.
A quick check of the records tells me it was Saturday July26 Round 17 1997 v Western Bulldogs.
Swans won by 97 & Plugger kicked 8.
FYI..The record books show the ONLY time a Saturday arvo game(2.10pm) was held in Sydney (14 June1952 round 8 where Collingwood def Richmond)

The Swans have never played a traditional Sat.arvo(2.10pm)in Sydney however I do recall a match ,i think against the Bulldogs a decade ago where the game started at 4.40pm on a Saturday.
A quick check of the records tells me it was Saturday July26 Round 17 1997 v Western Bulldogs.
Swans won by 97 & Plugger kicked 8.
FYI..The record books show the ONLY time a Saturday arvo game(2.10pm) was held in Sydney (14 June1952 round 8 where Collingwood def Richmond)

I played at half time at that match! :D

syyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyydneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As one of those cute little nab kids? Nawwww

God I miss that chant. The SCG can be so electric, let's bring it back late 90's/early 00's style!

Yeah, it pisses me off that only a small percentage of the crowd have the balls to join in when it's started. It's like having an extra 2 players on the ground when in full force.

Does anyone know the very first time it was used? I seem to remember it being the final home and away match of 96 against west coast in the wet at the SCG. We won that game to finish minor premiers.

Yeah, it pisses me off that only a small percentage of the crowd have the balls to join in when it's started. It's like having an extra 2 players on the ground when in full force.

Does anyone know the very first time it was used? I seem to remember it being the final home and away match of 96 against west coast in the wet at the SCG. We won that game to finish minor premiers.

I remember at Lakeside when it was," Give me an s, S, give me an o, O, give me a u, U, give me a t, T, give me a h, H, etc, etc, ""Soouuuth Melbourne *clap, clap, clap*, South Melbourne, *clap, clap, clap*!

The Sydney one died out when that 'unique' looking guy from the cheer squad (sorry if youre a poster) always tried to start it at the worst possible times with, "Go Thwans, *clap,clap,clap*, Go Thwans, *clap,clap,clap* or "Thydney,*clap,clap,clap*,Thydney,*clap,clap,clap
You guys know who I meen!

No one joined in, too embarrased!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back