Review Round 4 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky to win that - but I’ll take it! Just grateful Carlton we’re as useless as us at times.

Losing Powell will hurt more than we think - kids a weapon when he’s on his game.

Any idea how long Weller is out for?

Seeing a bit of love on twitter from some of the ‘big name’ Melbourne journos. Just went from ‘who’ to ‘about to be a star’ with one kick.

The Carlton Meltdown Board is so rich in content it simply cannot be consumed.
Sure it sucks going for “the worst list in the history of the VFL/AFL” but on the other hand the enjoyment of the saltiness of the opposition when we get a win sure is a special privilege for us and our Club.

Their list is that much better than ours, I don’t know how we even got close. (According to what I’ve read over there)

3rd week in a row we’ve heard stuff like that, yet here we are sitting 3-1.

What did you think of the stadium CB? Great little spot to watch the footy IMO. Very close to the action.
I was very impressed I thought the around the ground stuff was excellent. Maybe you don’t see that as much in Melbourne because there’s so many teams to cater to but it was done excellently. Loved how close you felt to action. One thing I did notice is a lot of people arrived late. Don’t really see that in Victoria although there were a lot more families.

Only complaint was the big screen was about 5 seconds slow not sure it its always like that but it made it pretty useless. Lots of Carlton fans there but I guess it’s school holidays. Hopefully now we’ve won 3 in a row more people come and take out the opposition noise

Yeh the delay on the big screen was annoying. Wasnt like that previously. Seem to be the fox feed but not direct (ie instantaneous) from the OB van but from the telecast perhaps.

Also getting in was painful. Need clear signs that express lines are for those with no bags and on the other lines they need more staff to do their ‘cursory/make us feel safe from terrorists’ bag checks

Yeh the delay on the big screen was annoying. Wasnt like that previously. Seem to be the fox feed but not direct (ie instantaneous) from the OB van but from the telecast perhaps.

Also getting in was painful. Need clear signs that express lines are for those with no bags and on the other lines they need more staff to do their ‘cursory/make us feel safe from terrorists’ bag checks

I’ve noticed this season that the same thing is happening at Beautiful CBUS too with the screen.
Very noticeable compared to previous years.

Seeing a bit of love on twitter from some of the ‘big name’ Melbourne journos. Just went from ‘who’ to ‘about to be a star’ with one kick.

Their list is that much better than ours, I don’t know how we even got close. (According to what I’ve read over there)

Commentators all calling him Bowes (cows) last week

Same with Sexton, they'll jump on the bandwagon pretty quick

I’m happy it’s a one off. It’s a great unique feature having a screen so big

To be fair they have more high pedigree and talented guys.

1 - Walsh, Weitering, Murphy
3 - Dow
6 - SPS
10 - O'Brien, Mackay
12 - Curnow
13 - Cripps

9 first round picks compared with our 4 (Swallow, Lukosius, Ainsworth, Bowes)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 - Dow
6 - SPS
10 - O'Brien, Mackay
12 - Curnow
13 - Cripps

Fair enough. They have been down near the bottom as long as we have I guess, just without losing so many to the go-home factor. A bit of underperforming talent in there though, and as our boys showed, talent only gets you so far.

3 - Dow
6 - SPS
10 - O'Brien, Mackay
12 - Curnow
13 - Cripps

Settlefield pick 5 ,Thomas pick 2 ,plowman pick 3,marchbank pick 6.

To be fair on 2MP the delivery bordered on atrocious today.
What's up with his kicking this year?
As a 19 year old he kicked 28.10 and was bombing them from everywhere. Looks so much more tentative this year. 3.5 and a few on the full this year and all gettable too for him. Confidence?

You just can't count this group out until the final siren. Three times this year we've behind going into the fourth quarter and somehow we found a way to snatch the lead back in all three games. It's unbelievably nerve-wracking to watch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back