Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 2-3, our percentage is bad because we have had two bad losses. We have injuries.

Last year was a huge step forward. Now we are dealing with some adversity. I haven't seen anything to suggest the whole club is in crisis.

Young team. Early in the season. But sure let's throw in the towel because we have bad percentage.
I’m curious, What will you say if we are 2-4 next Sunday night, Marshall Ryder and Jones all playing?

do you believe because we have some better players injured that excuses the effort?

bad percentage is an indicator of performance. We are so far off 100% that it clearly shows how poor we have performed. That is concerning 5 weeks into a season we are only better performed then the Roos in this area.

As for Brad Hill, I haven't commented on him thus far. But I have to be honest, I didn't watch many Freo games.
Is he just playing the way he always played, and we don't have personnel ,structure or strategy to make good use of him? If that's the case, then it's a bit mad to lose our s**t criticising him when we brought him to the club.

Maybe having Sandilands, Fyfe, Mundy etc in the guts meant that Hill could still look the goods without being able to tackle, get a contested ball or compete when the ball was above head height.

It's an overused metaphor, but are we blaming the icing for having an underbaked cake?

If he did all those things at his previous clubs and he's stopped, then fair enough suggesting that his fat wallet has made him lazy. If he's playing the way he always has, then we need to be focusing on other problems.

All I and others have demanded is effort and consistency.

no one is demanding flags. Just the prerequisite of any half decent side. I’m sure it is no different when you watch your local club plugger.

But you like arguing for the sake of it. So I can only imagine your response.
I’m not sure that has even been close to your sole argument. As if I don’t want that. If that is all argued you wouldn’t have many if any disagreeing with you. Your last line will get likes though.

Does the bolded not concern you when the club believes it’s a list worthy of the top 4 and a few pieces in the next 12/24 months from being a challenger?
Yes of course it does but clubs get this wrong all the time, some do more damage in doing so than others.

I think we had a bit of success and people at the club got ahead of themselves, let’s face it we all want to believe the hype. We‘ve paid relatively modest overs for a couple, missed on some draft picks and nailed a few late picks. I’d expect a reality check in the post season review which should be reflected in our trade and draft strategy.

I‘d hit the panic button if we tried to keep the band together and went all in overs on someone. If you take a look at our list if contracts allow there’s an easy ten player turnover. The hard questions will be around billings, Ross and perhaps a few surprises.

Here‘s an interesting test if we’re just a couple of pieces away from a flag name any two players you like and ask yourself are we winning a flag. I’ll even have a go put in the bont and dusty, ridiculous names I know and never happening but I still don’t think we’re winning a flag.

Dont know if you noticed, this is a football forum where people discuss the STKFC performance.
Posters rightly point out the efforts of the team has been sub par and you call them sooks.
Instead cut the emotive personal stuff and explain why those posters should just shut up and accept those performances instead of insults.
Maybe it will have an effect on the club the raw outrage being shown by the supporters, how would you know it doesn't.

Should we just clap them off despite the pitiful efforts?
There is an agreement between the club and financial supporter. We pay to watch them, they perform. They are not adhering to their contractual obligations, and as financial contributors, we have the right to call what we see.
You have the right to an opinion but no right to call others sooks. Keep that rubbish to yourself.
Personal stuff. Come off it jb. Don’t resort to that discussion. Who said our performances can’t be discussed. Not me once. Who wants to clap them off? Why do people when discussing our performance have to take it the highest or lowest point. Clapping off hasn’t been mentioned once on here. I watch footy and week by week I don’t go real high or real low depending on performance. I think the ones that do lose the plot if you go over the top after a win and then put in a performance like that on Thursday. Wce win wasn’t as good as it seemed and hopefully the loss to the tigers isn’t as bad as what it seemed. Anyway my main discussion is about the crap hill has personally copped after his performance. No player whatever they are earning deserves that. Those that think they do have real issues. There are many more important things in life than personally abusing a footy player

Yes of course it does but clubs get this wrong all the time, some do more damage in doing so than others.

I think we had a bit of success and people at the club got ahead of themselves, let’s face it we all want to believe the hype. We‘ve paid relatively modest overs for a couple, missed on some draft picks and nailed a few late picks. I’d expect a reality check in the post season review which should be reflected in our trade and draft strategy.

I‘d hit the panic button if we tried to keep the band together and went all in overs on someone. If you take a look at our list if contracts allow there’s an easy ten player turnover. The hard questions will be around billings, Ross and perhaps a few surprises.

Here‘s an interesting test if we’re just a couple of pieces away from a flag name any two players you like and ask yourself are we winning a flag. I’ll even have a go put in the bont and dusty, ridiculous names I know and never happening but I still don’t think we’re winning a flag.
The fact that you could add Bont and Dusty (probably the top 2 players in the league) and say we won’t win a flag highlights issues within the club. Which is highly concerning

The fact that you could add Bont and Dusty (probably the top 2 players in the league) and say we won’t win a flag highlights issues within the club. Which is highly concerning
Only if we fail to recognise that our plight isn’t down to a few injuries, we haven’t pushed all our chips in yet.

We have some really good pieces but we need to keep building. Essendon lost three players and that looked disastrous but in reality they weren’t taking them anywhere. They look to have nailed it at the draft and the future looks brighter already. That’s the sort of opportunity which presents from time to time, maybe they got lucky rather than by design but clubs are mad if they’re not looking at every opportunity to improve.

I understand the attachment to individual players but it’s all about team success. I’m not pushing anyone in particular out just listening to offers and weighing up what’s available at the trade table and in the draft as all teams should.

What confuses me if for the last few years you have claimed you know the club is heading in the right direction. Not sure you have even said the club has made many mistakes at all and now the whole club is falling over. Like I said people get way to high or way to low.

Only if we fail to recognise that our plight isn’t down to a few injuries, we haven’t pushed all our chips in yet.

We have some really good pieces but we need to keep building. Essendon lost three players and that looked disastrous but in reality they weren’t taking them anywhere. They look to have nailed it at the draft and the future looks brighter already. That’s the sort of opportunity which presents from time to time, maybe they got lucky rather than by design but clubs are mad if they’re not looking at every opportunity to improve.

I understand the attachment to individual players but it’s all about team success. I’m not pushing anyone in particular out just listening to offers and weighing up what’s available at the trade table and in the draft as all teams should.
If we finish in the bottom 5.

The right call would be to let Billings go. At his age he would get as much if not more than he is currently on and as per the article I posted yesterday is in the top 100 highest paid in the league.
His salary on a 5 year deal gets us cat 1 compo.

Roberton is gone.
a call needs to be made on Ross.

there is money available which you would hold on for the following season for king.

lol did Essendon win last night?
They are going great, they have one win, over us missing 9 of our best 22.

What confuses me if for the last few years you have claimed you know the club is heading in the right direction. Not sure you have even said the club has made many mistakes at all and now the whole club is falling over. Like I said people get way to high or way to low.
I have said I don’t know how we are in this predicament.
I have then replied to a poster saying that if we added bont and Martin we wont win a flag.

I said that is concerning seeing as the club think wehave a list that should be at the pointy end.

I have said I think this is our best list since 2010.
What’s the problem here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have then replied to a poster saying that if we added bont and Martin we wont win a flag.

I said that is concerning seeing as the club think wehave a list that should be at the pointy end.

What’s the problem here?
Wasn’t talking about your reply to the poster. It was a general comment after 3 days of you and others saying the sky is falling in. Maybe like you the club have read the situation with the list wrongly. Happens to nearly every club. Humans get attached to other humans. In this case maybe our club got to atttached to players and overrated them as you may have. I’ve read 3 days of posting by many people and still don’t understand what they want.

So we’re talking about today are we? or is this a coversation about where we are and what we need to do?.

Essendon lost three players that I’m sure hurt in the eyes of many but yes they improved their list imo.

If only the year could be decided on results against other sides. We could probably work out the ladder after round 3. Obviously north finished ahead of us last year. The Essendon result was pathetic but that result doesn’t decide our year.

I’m curious, What will you say if we are 2-4 next Sunday night, Marshall Ryder and Jones all playing?

do you believe because we have some better players injured that excuses the effort?

bad percentage is an indicator of performance. We are so far off 100% that it clearly shows how poor we have performed. That is concerning 5 weeks into a season we are only better performed then the Roos in this area.
I expect us to be 2-4 because we are playing the best team around at the moment on their deck. So no, I won't see that as the end of the world either to be honest. But if those three all play I definitely think we will perform better than last week.

We then could get back to 4-4, get some better form going and try to get the season going from there.

Or we have a poor season and finish bottom 6 like Melbourne two years ago, who are now undefeated. It's not as simple as improve improve improve premiership.

You keep saying the club sees itself as top four... Where was that actually ever said? I never heard the coach say that.

I expect us to be 2-4 because we are playing the best team around at the moment on their deck. So no, I won't see that as the end of the world either to be honest. But if those three all play I definitely think we will perform better than last week.

We then could get back to 4-4, get some better form going and try to get the season going from there.

Or we have a poor season and finish bottom 6 like Melbourne two years ago, who are now undefeated.

You keep saying the club sees itself as top four... Where was that actually ever said? I never heard the coach say that.
Pretty sure a few from the club have said expectations are to push top 4 and play finals
As it should be after finals last year

Pretty sure a few from the club have said expectations are to push top 4 and play finals
As it should be after finals last year

Finals absolutely.
But it’s another huge jump still into top 4. How many of us actually expected that this year? I didn’t.

Carlisle
hunter
frawley
dunstan
lonie
kent
mckernan
long
Hannebery
Geary
ryder
Roberton
webster
wood
McKenzie
clavarino
joyce
alabakis

Ok that’s without even trying, how many of those will be on our list next year or in two years?.

That leaves 24 players I think, some are pretty average footballers and some are kids who may or may not become regular senior players. I’m not trying to fire people up just asking the question where is our list really at?.

Have a look at the 24 who are left and give them a grade and position in your best 22. Steele is an A grade mid for example, projecting king to be a gun A grade full forward is fine as well. Anyway depending of how you rate them and where you play them that’s where we are plus or minus trades and drafts.

What’s the problem here?
If you added one of Dusty or Bont into our team last season 100% chance for the flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back