Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints by 10 goals.
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Reading the Pies preview thread, there’s some interesting ruck discussion.
The most popular is sending Frampton into the ruck, obviously removing him from the backline.
A few posters threw in the idea of debuting Steene, who would blow away in the cold Adelaide wind.
D5DD82BA-943F-4BB9-934A-71BC7F8F1F46.jpeg

I think we’ll get done, but super interested in how Ross looks to exploit that hole (isn’t he always 😎).

Also wouldn’t be shocked to see the Saints juggernaut roll on to 5-0

189037CA-C052-47A0-99F4-0A1E6B217AF4.jpeg

I lol'd

Plonker Extraordinaire said:
Saint beaten

Freo going really bad at home (Marvel)

Bulldogs when going really bad at Saints home ground (Marvel)

Essendon like dogs rubbish and Saint struggled late then even eventually kick a few late ( lucky some )

GC on their home ground again ! (Marvel)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love how triggered these dogwater operators are.

We are no hope for the premiership, enjoying a few wins and a change of vibe - yet the salt could float Stewie Dew in a bath.

Buckle up for the next 10 years is all I’ll say 😎
How serious do they take it. We saw first-hand how bad Essendon supporters are the other week too. Real unhinged types. We'll finish 6th-12th, nothing has changed yet they feel threatened 😂

I’m still working off that Watters/Cho/Ratts-enabled pessimism and constant fear that plagued my 20’s so I’m expecting us to lose this one and only win 4 more games for the year or something.

That being said Collingwood aren’t invincible despite what the media would tell you so hopefully we make a good contest of it and if we win the lid will start rattling a bit

Mentioned it in the autopsy thread but, it’s a lowkey blessing this game is in Adelaide.

Firstly, Collingwood in Melbourne draws a massive crowd of their supporters, no doubt there will be plenty in Radelaide too, but probably a whole bunch of neutrals as well. It’ll certainly help not having a totally hostile crowd, as that’s part of the Collingwood secret sauce.

Secondly, we have a peculiar amount of players on our list who are from Adelaide, Wilkie, Phillipou, Nasiah, etc AND various players with connections in Adelaide e.g. Howard & Crouch. It’s a long bow but, if you were going to pick any state to play in I reckon Adelaide is a great one since some players will have family and connection there and perhaps get a little boost from that.

Our first interstate game this year, looking forward to see how the boys handle the pressure coming up against a v good pies side. Got a feeling this group will only get closer with the travel, so win or lose, expecting a continuation of the team effort and chemistry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee we are light on for a decent sub this week. Better pray we don’t receive anymore injuries on the track. I guess Peris comes in as sub, I don’t think we’ll go a tall player, must be a runner. I also wonder if they’ll consider shaving a few weeks off the training block of Jones or Billings? One of those blokes underdone but as sub could work?

Gee we are light on for a decent sub this week. Better pray we don’t receive anymore injuries on the track. I guess Peris comes in as sub, I don’t think we’ll go a tall player, must be a runner. I also wonder if they’ll consider shaving a few weeks off the training block of Jones or Billings? One of those blokes underdone but as sub could work?
Sharman - Quiet today so far and not suited to the sub
Highmore - getting plenty if footy but again not suited as a 3rd tall defender
Peris - his pace would be handy but I don't think he's ready for AFL footy
Connolly - he has been disappointing this year

Injury list still has Billings as 3-4 weeks, is he back to full training?

Jones was apparently training well according to some track watchers and looked close to returning

Another layer to it is it looks like being a cold, wet, mud-bath if the forecasts hold true.

This game will be the last game of 6 I believe on the same track. Injury likelihood will be increased on this cow paddock.
Sub will be a runner - Peris nearly a shoe in.
Wouldn’t surprise to see us playing 12 players late in the game if it’s all over to protect our guys…
Even without a ruck the pies mids are formidable and we’ll need to play our very best team footy to compete.
Saints by under a kick.
No more injuries please.

Mentioned it in the autopsy thread but, it’s a lowkey blessing this game is in Adelaide.

Firstly, Collingwood in Melbourne draws a massive crowd of their supporters, no doubt there will be plenty in Radelaide too, but probably a whole bunch of neutrals as well. It’ll certainly help not having a totally hostile crowd, as that’s part of the Collingwood secret sauce.

Secondly, we have a peculiar amount of players on our list who are from Adelaide, Wilkie, Phillipou, Nasiah, etc AND various players with connections in Adelaide e.g. Howard & Crouch. It’s a long bow but, if you were going to pick any state to play in I reckon Adelaide is a great one since some players will have family and connection there and perhaps get a little boost from that.

Our first interstate game this year, looking forward to see how the boys handle the pressure coming up against a v good pies side. Got a feeling this group will only get closer with the travel, so win or lose, expecting a continuation of the team effort and chemistry.

Adelaide fans made a heap of noise last year (Yours truly a big part of that haha). Trust they can make just as much noise this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back