Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another layer to it is it looks like being a cold, wet, mud-bath if the forecasts hold true.
If it’s wet all weekend the ground will be in some state considering the saints’ game is last and I believe the 5th or 6th game there for the weekend. Probably helps if it’s a slosh pit tbh - good luck slicing through the grid of saints defenders in the mud.

If it’s wet all weekend the ground will be in some state considering the saints’ game is last and I believe the 5th or 6th game there for the weekend. Probably helps if it’s a slosh pit tbh - good luck slicing through the grid of saints defenders in the mud.
Exactly. All a bit silly from the AFL really.

This game in a very intriguing game Collingwood with it's all out attack game style vs stkilda defence first mind set then counter punch attack.collingwood with injury consern in the ruck an area stkilda will look to exploit told buy the fact that the saints rested Marshall with 15min remaining against gold coast. the saints sticky tape forward line will have it's biggest test it will face for the year with the pies setting up attack from defence and the number 1 team to do so.with the saints strong team defence and smooth ball movement in to forward half I think the saints are every chance to grind Collingwood into submission.

Saints by 28

Current odds $3.05 to $1.38. Absolutely bewildering. Do they think it’s 2022 still?

Looks like a 50/50 game at worst to me. No reason to not be very confident, especially with their ruck situation. Mitch Owens in the wet will make them wish they weren’t born.
Perfect time to put a sly $50 on the saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling we might drop this one, although the lack of Collingwood ruck may open it up for us.

With that said, I would happily drop this game if it meant we got to come out the week after fired up and pump Carlton the mutttttttttts.

I'd like to beat them both please.

As much as I enjoy beating Essendon... I also enjoy silencing the Baggers and the Filth supporters.

As great as this game would be with 80k at the G, it being played on a neutral ground without the Collingwood crowd plays into our hand. Should be a good contest.

I'd send Windy to Daicos. Shutting him down is the key to stopping their ball movement and Windy's got the concentration and tank to trouble him.

People are still writing us off and saying we haven't beaten any quality sides yet but if we beat Collingwood they will have to sit up and take notice then.

I think we are a decent chance, Collingwood didn't look that great against Brisbane and Marshall should dominate against the spud they play on him.

I don't think we will get any of our best 22 players back for this game so the only change will probably be replacing Bytel as the sub, not sure who with.

McCrae is a shrewd operator and will be doing a lot of work on how to beat us. Pies are very dangerous forward of the ball, more so than us. They've also had 18 months of testing and refining their gameplan including under the heat and pressure of finals (where it stood up).

I am looking forward to playing a genuine measuring stick team, they will be fired up after the loss. I rate the Pies as the second best side behind the Dees so this game gives us a really good look. Hopefully we maintain the effort.

Pity this isn't at the G and hopefully the wet and muddy conditions don't destroy our legs too much.

Has Daicos really copped a tag yet? He's in Brownlow form and is generally an incredible player (remarkable for a guy in year 2, we haven't seen it since Judd), but the only question mark over his game is his physicality. A hard tag from Windy may be something he's unfamiliar and struggle with.

Has Daicos really copped a tag yet? He's in Brownlow form and is generally an incredible player (remarkable for a guy in year 2, we haven't seen it since Judd), but the only question mark over his game is his physicality. A hard tag from Windy may be something he's unfamiliar and struggle with.
I wouldn't tag just try to get him to play on someone who will make him accountable hill would be good or even windy both can out work him both will run with him when thay go on the attack thay just need to make sure thay are making him work double hard to get back to defend hill could run the kid into the ground

If it's going to be a slopfest I don't see Cordy getting picked. Bytel injury couldn't have come at a worse time for him. Hope it's only a short stint out.

"Lyon said the club had initially feared the worst for midfielder Jack Bytel, who injured his ankle just minutes after entering the game as the substitute in the fourth quarter.

"We felt sick in the box. We replayed it and thought it was an ACL," Lyon said.

"It's a high-grade ankle injury but until we scan it we don't know. We think there's no fracture"."

Out: Bytel, Cordy
In: Peris, Highmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back