Preview Round 5, 2023: Giants v Hawks, Norwood oval, 3:20pm Sunday April 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon we should prepare ourselves for a(nother) fairly ugly result this week. While I’m looking forward to seeing how the kids go about it, losing day is a big problem. He’s been our best performed, most consistent midfielder. Maybe it gives opportunities to Moore or more for Jai, but that leaves gaps elsewhere.

I also think Scrimshaw missing leaves our defense a bit scattered. Not just for himself, but I’ve noticed CJ tends to play better when Scrim plays.

Fingers crossed we’re competitive.

I reckon we should prepare ourselves for a(nother) fairly ugly result this week.
this is rubbish. We are playing a fellow struggler and to suggest we can expect an ugly result is not good enough if it is our teams mindset. I don’t think it is

this is rubbish. We are playing a fellow struggler and to suggest we can expect an ugly result is not good enough if it is our teams mindset. I don’t think it is
No it isn't.

How many of us are going to the games tomorrow?
Yep. I'll be there. Makes that interstate membership worthwhile.

Is there any parking nearby the ground?
No, parking is a real issue around the ground. Best to catch the free bus out there from the city. PM me.

Well it appears something is trying really hard to stop from me from going tomorrow. First I battled a cold all week I’ve just managed to shake. Now walking out of our training today, I jumped to grab a kids footy barrelling towards the road and slipped 2 discs out in my back and can barely stand or walk. Is my brain purposely hurting me to avoid witnessing the game tomorrow or what? 😭

Well it appears something is trying really hard to stop from me from going tomorrow. First I battled a cold all week I’ve just managed to shake. Now walking out of our training today, I jumped to grab a kids footy barrelling towards the road and slipped 2 discs out in my back and can barely stand or walk. Is my brain purposely hurting me to avoid witnessing the game tomorrow or what? 😭
That's not good, mate. Hope you can recover in time.

I'd take it as a sign. Don't go. Rest and get well.
I was driving near Waverly the other day and as I approached the clouds above the ground started to swirl and form shapes, no it wasn't Mother Theresa, it was the numbers 1965. They held their form for about 10 seconds before dissipating. Bizarre. 1965 was a very bad year for the Hawks, 4 wins and bottom of the ladder. Make of it what you will.

I reckon we should prepare ourselves for a(nother) fairly ugly result this week. While I’m looking forward to seeing how the kids go about it, losing day is a big problem. He’s been our best performed, most consistent midfielder. Maybe it gives opportunities to Moore or more for Jai, but that leaves gaps elsewhere.

I also think Scrimshaw missing leaves our defense a bit scattered. Not just for himself, but I’ve noticed CJ tends to play better when Scrim plays.

Fingers crossed we’re competitive.

We should be relatively competitive, GWS are also young and bottom 6 material. Expecting a 3-4 goal loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not good. Take it easy and recover well

Awesome to see DGB and Seamus playing together. From what I know they’re very good mates, having been drafted together.

Disappointing to see Scrim out for the same reason as it feels like he and CJ really bounce off each other.

CJ, Scrim and Worpel are very very good mates. Love playing with each other.

Line-ups

Hardwick - Frost - DGB
Greene - Hogan - Cadman

Impey - Sicily - CJ
C. Ward - H.H. - Kennedy

Reeves - Newcombe - J. Ward
Flynn - Green - Jelly

Amon - Worpel - Morrison
Lloyd - Coniglio - Callaghan

Moore - Greene - Wingard
Ash - Haynes - Cumming

Breust - Meek - Brockman
Idun - Taylor - Buckley

Bench: Nash - Mitchell - Long - MacDonald
Bench: Hamilton - Whitfield - XO'H - Peatling
Buckley is a KPD/Third tall, he'll play on Greene.

Haynes to take one of the smaller players and intercept.

Hey guys, with a few hawthorn fans in Adelaide that don’t have tickets to the game tomorrow, if anyone can’t go to the game and is looking to sell their ticket, it would be greatly appreciated. Hope you guys beat GWS regardless, reckon you’re a lot better than the media are making you out to be

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CJ, Scrim and Worpel are very very good mates. Love playing with each other.
Worpel? I’m sure they’re mates, but not as thick as CJ and Scrim going by all their social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back