Preview Round 5: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 17/04/2022, 4:40 PM

Who will get up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 rucks is working atm, helps wright stay out of the ruck.
I did say it is ok for now, i just query if it works with Harry and Stringer there as well, probably made worse by us not having genuine crumbers without Walla and Snell there. We did of course regularly have 2MP, Hooker and Harry there with Stringer last year too.

I did say it is ok for now, i just query if it works with Harry and Stringer there as well, probably made worse by us not having genuine crumbers without Walla and Snell there. We did of course regularly have 2MP, Hooker and Harry there with Stringer last year too.
Three tall forwards can work, especially when Jones pushes up the ground. If Cox plays in the forwardline we've got two tall forwards capable of running their opponents ragged and making space inside fifty.

Three tall forwards can work, especially when Jones pushes up the ground. If Cox plays in the forwardline we've got two tall forwards capable of running their opponents ragged and making space inside fifty.
I would like to see us use Cox there a bit to see what match ups it might present, especially from a re-start after a goal when it is pure 6 on 6. I'd feel more confident if he really clunked some contested marks occasionally though.

I would like to see us use Cox there a bit to see what match ups it might present, especially from a re-start after a goal when it is pure 6 on 6. I'd feel more confident if he really clunked some contested marks occasionally though.
Maybe next year when he has more development into his body, although whether the coaches are even considering that as a serious option remains to be seen. I think Bryan did a bit of work in a key position role during the preseason, for example.

1st off hello there. This is going to be interesting on how both teams are heading.

Strangely freo has not beaten Essendon in Victoria since early 2010. Yet freo has beaten Geelong in Victoria a few times since 2010, including a couple of memorable finals wins vs geelong in Victoria. We have beaten Geelong in Geelong in 2013 and 2015. Could of added 2017 as well had walters not sprayed his shot.

People complained about fixtures. Some complained about Richmond winning the flag in 2019 with those mcg games leading up to the finals.

I had complained about the Freo vs essendon fixtures from specifically 2011-16. As it was unbalanced and uneven.

Now hear me out on this......

I didn't mind having Essendon once

The issue was all those games freo faced Essendon once, each of them from 2011-16 were always in WA. Should of been rotated from Perth then docklands each season, not having one side in the same venue 5-6 years in a row.

Back in 2010 there was only one freo vs Essendon game, it was in docklands.

Then Freo had Essendon twice in 2017. Freo win in perth by 5 goals. Essendon won in marvel late in the season by 15 points.

2018, freo won 16.10.106 to Essendons 14.6.90.

2019 Essendon beat freo twice. In marvel / docklands early in the season by 8 points and then in Perth late in the season, that was Ross Lyons last game as freo coach.

2020, i was gonna go to the Essendon vs freo game in Docklands. I was gonna go to that game but the virus happed. Essendon won by 6 points.

Then last season, Essendon won by 7 points in Docklands.

Now Freo has essendon in docklands again. Still i think the AFL should have this fixture again in docklands for 2023 and 2024 to even out 2011-16 LoL.

Saying that, i expect this to be a close game again.

Good luck on the weekend. I think both sides will be among a group of 5-6 sides fighting for 7th or 8th again.

Got winded pretty badly at the end of the game. If he’s got any problems I’d rest him. Guys a jet

I thought he copped a head knock but has been cleared?

If he got winded then I am pretty sure he’d be right in 7 days.

There is no way he is being rested, he’s either got concussion from the head knock and therefore he can’t play or he’s 100% playing.

Tex brings pressure and spark. Laid tackles and was unlucky on a few occasions (clear free kicks not paid, out in space and ball called back a couple of examples). With all our injuries and lack of options im happy to give him another run. Ham laid 0 tackles in a full game so has to go.
Plus he had 66% time on ground, I thought he was injured in the second half. Maybe it's a fitness issue and VFL is a good place to build that up

1st off hello there. This is going to be interesting on how both teams are heading.

Strangely freo has not beaten Essendon in Victoria since early 2010. Yet freo has beaten Geelong in Victoria a few times since 2010, including a couple of memorable finals wins vs geelong in Victoria. We have beaten Geelong in Geelong in 2013 and 2015. Could of added 2017 as well had walters not sprayed his shot.

People complained about fixtures. Some complained about Richmond winning the flag in 2019 with those mcg games leading up to the finals.

I had complained about the Freo vs essendon fixtures from specifically 2011-16. As it was unbalanced and uneven.

The issue was all those games freo faced Essendon once, each of them from 2011-16 were always in WA. Should of been rotated from Perth then docklands each season, not having one side in the same venue 5-6 years in a row.

Then Freo had Essendon twice in 2017. Freo win in perth by 5 goals. Essendon won in marvel late in the season by 15 points.

2019 Essendon beat freo twice. In marvel / docklands early in the season by 8 points and then in Perth late in the season, that was Ross Lyons last game as freo coach.

2020, i was gonna go to the Essendon vs freo game in Docklands. I was gonna go to that game but the virus happed. Essendon won by 6 points.

Now Freo has essendon in docklands again. Still i think the AFL should have this fixture again in docklands for 2023 and 2024 to even out 2011-16 LoL.

Good luck on the weekend. I think both sides will be among a group of 5-6 sides fighting for 7th or 8th again.
Funny part is we have the opposite issue with West Coast. We’ve played them in Melbourne once since 2015.

My favourite of those wins was in 2015 when Freo fans booed Jobe relentlessly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it because he's big and people think he'll walk in and be smashing out clearances?
Yes.
Essendon has been lacking a physical game to match it up for the top8 teams for a while now.
Bring in Voss, get him some experience and see what he's capable of.

Tex has to be dropped into the 2s to build himself up. He had flashes of a good player but not enough for the team to carry him. I think if Smith the sub didn't come on last game we would've lost. Therefore Smith has to play instead.

Phillips stays his tapping was elite. He makes a great pair with Draper and another contested marking option.

Yes.
Essendon has been lacking a physical game to match it up for the top8 teams for a while now.

Tex has to be dropped into the 2s to build himself up. He had flashes of a good player but not enough for the team to carry him. I think if Smith the sub didn't come on last game we would've lost. Therefore Smith has to play instead.

Phillips stays his tapping was elite. He makes a great pair with Draper and another contested marking option.

Yeah, can't get behind Voss yet, seems people just look at his height and weight and decide to bring him in.

Francis is miles ahead of Voss right now, Voss can get experience in the VFL meanwhile.

I think this alone basically says spending the 5 min to do the vic app is worth it. To basically be waved through at a glance

Because its just going to confuse the $8 an hour security guard if i whip out the QLD version o_O

Cheers
You'll probably get waved through at a glance anyway. It's all for show. Have you ever seen anyone stopped at the turnstiles or in the line?

Yes.

If you want Voss in the middle being a clearance beast, he needs to start doing that in the VFL first. Spends a lot of time as a forward.

i think freo will get over the line tbh

we aren't playing great footy and freo are clicking.

i think freo will get over the line tbh

we aren't playing great footy and freo are clicking.
I thought Adelaide would go over the top of Essendon for similar reasons.
It's hard to make a sense this time of year how a team will go. We got boxed around the ears by the top 4 teams but aren't really that bad an outfit ourselves.

You'll probably get waved through at a glance anyway. It's all for show. Have you ever seen anyone stopped at the turnstiles or in the line?
No. And in QLD barely any places were checking after the first week.

I didn't expect it to be any different. But VIC seems to have a bit more of a firm grip on this stuff then the QLD stuff that never worked properly anyway.

So was worth asking.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

In- Francis, Bryan, Hobbs, Cutler
Out- Ham, Snelling, Wanganeen, Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back