Preview Round 5: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 17/04/2022, 4:40 PM

Who will get up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more of a general question. Not relating to this game but in prep for ANZAC Day.

I will be coming from interstate like I do every year for the big day. But haven't been to Melbourne since the venue restrictions applied including getting into stadiums.

While my own state has its own check in app and linkable certificates etc etc. Has anyone got any experience already from the first few rounds that have come from interstate.
  • Did they accept viewing the cert via another states app. Or did they have to get the VIC app?
  • Were they even checking? I know 95% of places up here with restrictions still active havent been for months now.

Just trying to make sure I've got things in place so im not stuck at the gate scrambling to install, link etc etc etc.

I guess more relevant to the MCG then Docklands. But assume it would be the same experience at both.

Would certainly recommend getting the Vic app to simplify everything. Probably well worth the 5 mins it's going to take you setting everything up so that there's no hassles or misunderstandings once you're down here.

I set up the Queensland app prior to heading up there on a work trip, my 2 colleagues did not; they regretted that about 4 minutes after we got off the plane :)

ahh, yes. sorry I was meaning the 3 metal poles and a toilet flush button, people are very scared of these surfaces lately
Don't particularly care, so long as the players aren't scared of making contact with a) the ball, b) each other, or c) the goal post, fence or bench, as necessary.

Don't particularly care, so long as the players aren't scared of making contact with a) the ball, b) each other, or c) the goal post, fence or bench, as necessary.

Draper was almost not scared enough of avoiding contact with the umpire...

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Josh Mahoney confirms Snelling has injured the same calf again and will be out for a period of time. Jones will play VFL next weekend

We definitely need more midfield depth against such a high pressure, well contested team like Fremantle. In comes Hobbs, for Ham. Smith for Snelling. I’d have Cutler as the sub this week. Make Cox play vfl.

Give Tex another run at it - he’ll be out for Cox by ANZAC Day. Waterman stays in until Stringer is ready. Phillips stays in until Jones is ready.

Ridley BZT Kelly
Redman Laverde Hind
Martin Caldwell Durham
Perkins Wright Smith
Guelfi Phillips Waterman
Draper Parish Shiel
Heppell McGrath Wanganeen Hobbs
Cutler

The concern I have is whether Smith can run out a full game. He was impactful as the sub because he had fresh legs in contrast with everyone else, but that suited his current capacity.

Ham has to go. I'd bring Cutler in. I think Heppell also needs a break, though I know he won't be dropped.

Redman BZT Kelly
Ridley Laverde Hind
Martin Caldwell Durham
Perkins Wright McGrath
Wanganeen Phillips Waterman
Draper Parish Shiel

Hobbs Cutler Francis Guelfi

The concern I have is whether Smith can run out a full game. He was impactful as the sub because he had fresh legs in contrast with everyone else, but that suited his current capacity.

Ham has to go. I'd bring Cutler in. I think Heppell also needs a break, though I know he won't be dropped.

Redman BZT Kelly
Ridley Laverde Hind
Martin Caldwell Durham
Perkins Wright McGrath
Wanganeen Phillips Waterman
Draper Parish Shiel

Hobbs Cutler Francis Guelfi

Feeling a bit better about the captain after yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith was dominant as soon as he came on, has to be back in. Not sure why so much love for Tex but 2 disposals is just not good enough. The best clubs don't gift games to youngsters, they make them earn their spot so he is out for me. Ham as well.

Out
Snelling, Tex, Ham

In
Smith, Hobbs, Cutler.

Don't care who the sub is

This is more of a general question. Not relating to this game but in prep for ANZAC Day.

I will be coming from interstate like I do every year for the big day. But haven't been to Melbourne since the venue restrictions applied including getting into stadiums.

While my own state has its own check in app and linkable certificates etc etc. Has anyone got any experience already from the first few rounds that have come from interstate.
  • Did they accept viewing the cert via another states app. Or did they have to get the VIC app?
  • Were they even checking? I know 95% of places up here with restrictions still active havent been for months now.

Just trying to make sure I've got things in place so im not stuck at the gate scrambling to install, link etc etc etc.

I guess more relevant to the MCG then Docklands. But assume it would be the same experience at both.
Services Victoria app with linked vaccination certificate but you can show your official vaccination certificate which I presume you can bring up on your WA version. From my experience in 3 games they have not been really looking at the check in status but rather proof of vaccination certificate.:cool:

Smith was dominant as soon as he came on, has to be back in. Not sure why so much love for Tex but 2 disposals is just not good enough. The best clubs don't gift games to youngsters, they make them earn their spot so he is out for me. Ham as well.

Out
Snelling, Tex, Ham

In
Smith, Hobbs, Cutler.

Don't care who the sub is
Tex brings pressure and spark. Laid tackles and was unlucky on a few occasions (clear free kicks not paid, out in space and ball called back a couple of examples). With all our injuries and lack of options im happy to give him another run. Ham laid 0 tackles in a full game so has to go.

Services Victoria app with linked vaccination certificate but you can show your official vaccination certificate which I presume you can bring up on your WA version. From my experience in 3 games they have not been really looking at the check in status but rather proof of vaccination certificate.:cool:

I think this alone basically says spending the 5 min to do the vic app is worth it. To basically be waved through at a glance

Because its just going to confuse the $8 an hour security guard if i whip out the QLD version o_O

Cheers

In- Cutler, Bryan, Hobbs, Voss
Out- Ridley(rest), Ham, Phillips, Snelling

B Kelly BZT Hind
HB Heppell Laverde Redman
C McGrath Caldwell Cutler
HF Perkins Draper Martin
F Waterman Wright Wanganeen
FOLL: Bryan Shiel Parish
INTER: Hobbs, Smith, Guelfi, Durham
Sub: Voss

Ridley rest?

I hope McGrath tries his second true tagging role on Brayshaw. I think its the perfect matchup and situation to deploy him as a tagger.
Brayshaw to me is a guy who is well on his way to developing into the next Lachie Neale type and I think there's a lot of value in shutting him down.

My ins and outs would be:
Ins: Cox, Cutler, Smith
Outs: Ham, Snelling, Tex

Its harsh on Tex as he was a bit unlucky at times but the truth is at the end of the day he only had 2 touches. I think he'll be a bloody exciting player in the future but he's probably 2 years away from a consistent impact at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back