Autopsy Round 5 Liked Learned and Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved - Melbournes half time entertainment. Nothing better than a fan getting KO'd and then the Melbourne entertainers scramble to get him off the ground. Paramedics called in and everything.

Brilliant.
Oh man I forgot about that. Absolute hilarious!

Liked:

Actually the staggered round got to watch a lot of good footy. I generally fatigue after 2 or 3 games a weekend. Enjoyed both the ANZAC Eve and the ANZAC day games. Appropriate remembrance ceremonies I thought but dont get me started on the Medals.

Coming to grips with the play on rule interpretation and starting to accept it. Seems the players just have to learn to keep their minds blank and not think about playing on to get their 10 seconds.

Learned:

Tigers are looking like the benchmark, damn I wish we had them at the G during the home and away season.

Dare I say the Pies are looking like a finals team with 2 consecutive excellent games. Our narrow win at the G in round 2 is looking better every week.

Hated:

Bloody draws. Actually a step up from our loss to the Saints last year, and a handy 2 points. Not going to go into fine details but we didn't earn a win and the Saints probably did. They dominated the pressure end of the game. Bloody draws though.

Liked - North. Great win. Collingwood. Great win also. Big fan of how they’re going about it.

Learnt - After the Melbourne & Essendon losses, one team will not play finals after round 6. Both very disappointing.

Melbourne just can’t step up when it matters. 19 points down at 3/4 time and capitulated in the last quarter. We also have a coach who doesn’t really have a gameplan.

I’ve also learnt that maybe the training camp has some relevance after all.

Richmond are in great touch. Back to back looming but it’s a long year. Struggling to find someone at their level.

Hated - losing again. The Simon Goodwin press conference. He wasn’t overly perturbed losing by 8 goals, in fact it was a step forward. Pretty concerning. The care free approach he gave post game was just ridiculous, I don’t understand how he could think that would fly given the honourable loss rubbish Mark Neeld used to drum out.

Are we still accepting of mediocrity? This should ring alarm bells throughout the organisation.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-24/goodwin-sees-effort-as-a-step-forward

Liked - North. Great win. Collingwood. Great win also. Big fan of how they’re going about it.

Learnt - After the Melbourne & Essendon losses, one team will not play finals after round 6. Both very disappointing.

Melbourne just can’t step up when it matters. 19 points down at 3/4 time and capitulated in the last quarter. We also have a coach who doesn’t really have a gameplan.

I’ve also learnt that maybe the training camp has some relevance after all.

Richmond are in great touch. Back to back looming but it’s a long year. Struggling to find someone at their level.

Hated - losing again. The Simon Goodwin press conference. He wasn’t overly perturbed losing by 8 goals, in fact it was a step forward. Pretty concerning. The care free approach he gave post game was just ridiculous, I don’t understand how he could think that would fly given the honourable loss rubbish Mark Neeld used to drum out.

Are we still accepting of mediocrity? This should ring alarm bells throughout the organisation.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-24/goodwin-sees-effort-as-a-step-forward

Damien Hardwick laughed and cracked jokes in the presser in the final round in 2016 when we got annihilated by Sydney. Wouldn't worry about it, what coaches say behind closed doors and in the presser are very different.

Coaches like the find positives to keep the fans happy and prefer to back their team in public more often than not.

LIKED: Stephensen, the kid looks a future gun
LEARNED: Tigers are going to be hard to stop and the Kangas have gone from some peoples spoon favs to possible finalists
DISLIKED: That fan going for a mark and falling over the rails only to have the security treat him like a streaker...WTF!!!

What happened?

So during half time, there was that Hogans Heroes marking thing which i assume is a MFC home game setup. Dont know what the prize is.

Anyway Russel Robertson wears a back pad, ball is kicked and a contestant has to get up and take a speccy on him. Robbo is commentating during this and its on the big screen.

The guy got up two times and couldnt hold the mark.

The third time though he got up, took a pretty good mark but on way down landed awkwardly and smashed his head into the turf. Crowd cheered as it was a good grab then Robbo walks over as he wasnt getting up. Robbo was like uhhh ok umm it looks like we have an injury and walked off real quick.

Thought it was a pisstake but the guy wasnt moving! Then it was replayed and you could hear the gasp of 75k fans. It was a big hit.

Medics and staff came in from everywhere and after about a minute he was able to get up and they assisted him off the ground.

All of this played out on the big screen.

Very entertaining but hopefully he was okay afterwards!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: the tigers. The years of heartache and ridicule are melting away and making this period of time as a Richmond fan oh so sweet.
Learnt: collingwood look like they could jump into the bottom half of the 8, they’ve strung 4 good games together now and sets up a huge game against us on Sunday. When we most likely beat them we won’t be beating a likely 2018 finalist but another 2017 non finalist according to the bf “experts”
Hated: the below the knees free is a blight on the game, they now penalize guys going for the ball even if they are first there and happen to touch an opponents legs. A huge overreaction from one incident.

Liked : North flogging Hawthorn at their own game.
Learned : Injury is now the single biggest definer of success in the AFL.

Hated : The ongoing virtue signalling that the AFL engage in with regards to the ANZAC day game monopoly. Cut the bullshit AFL. It's purely about money.

Liked: The Pies, they look good. Grundy is a beast, Sidey is flying. If they keep their current level, they should play finals.

Learned: The Dees are not far off. Dees fans will hate hearing this, but it was purely a failure to take risks. They controlled large parts of the game, but just didn't GO, put the foot down. Slow movement into F50 killed them. They fix that, they're off

Hated: Below the knees. They need to fix the rule. It was implemented for safety reasons, the dangerous feet first slide, cool. When you have a bloke actually get the ball, but get pinged, we're ****ed.

Haha sorry I missed this, what happened and what game?
So during half time, there was that Hogans Heroes marking thing which i assume is a MFC home game setup. Dont know what the prize is.

Anyway Russel Robertson wears a back pad, ball is kicked and a contestant has to get up and take a speccy on him. Robbo is commentating during this and its on the big screen.

The guy got up two times and couldnt hold the mark.

The third time though he got up, took a pretty good mark but on way down landed awkwardly and smashed his head into the turf. Crowd cheered as it was a good grab then Robbo walks over as he wasnt getting up. Robbo was like uhhh ok umm it looks like we have an injury and walked off real quick.

Thought it was a pisstake but the guy wasnt moving! Then it was replayed and you could hear the gasp of 75k fans. It was a big hit.

Medics and staff came in from everywhere and after about a minute he was able to get up and they assisted him off the ground.

All of this played out on the big screen.

Very entertaining but hopefully he was okay afterwards!

Liked:
- Tigers winning! TOP OF THE LADDER BAYBEE!
- Goddard's finger pointing. He killed so many pixies that night.
- Gawn is a damn good ruckman!
- North putting the boot into Hawthorn and sealing up the game at half time.

Learned:
- Magpies are pretty gosh dang good at times.
- Demons probably should have had a training camp.
- Carlton aren't.. entirely terrible, seems to have a lot to do with between the ears for them.
- THE GIANTS LOVE DRAWS!

Hated:
- Seeing Melbourne completely give up.
- Seeing 2 North players get knocked out within seconds of each other.
- Seeing a winner of the Collingwood Essendon game, in an ideal world, they would have both lost the game.
- I can't actually remember some of the earlier games of the round it's been going so long!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back