Preview Round 5, 2018: St.Kilda v GWS - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 21st April, 1:45PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here decent with heatmaps?

We heard all pre season about JB and Gresh playing more midfield this year..

Has that happened? Gresham yes but I haven't seen JB stray too far from the HFF

Below are season heatmaps for Billings, Gresh, Sincs, Steele and Acres.
They are pretty interesting. It's also more proof that Acres is a GOAT
Screenshot_20180417-093649.png
Screenshot_20180417-093759.png
Screenshot_20180417-093703.png
Screenshot_20180417-093905.png Screenshot_20180417-093822.png

Last edited:
We must be praying that the likes of Webster and Membrey are available this week. We really missed both of them on the weekend.
Interesting to see that Logan Austin gathered 20 disposals. He could be up for a game I'd say if Webster doesn't come up, and may even replace White who had a very disappointing game.
I'd like to see Newnes go back to the reserves and improve some of the basics - goal-kicking, hitting up targets etc.
So for mine:
In: Membrey/Weller, Webster, Austin, Armitage
Out: Marshall (inj?), Roberton (inj), White, Newnes
If Marshall is ok then it will be very interesting if Membrey is available. Might see Lonie dropped.

It's interesting that a thread has popped up questioning our lack of depth. When you look closely we actually appear to have really good depth at the moment, with the likes of Hunter Clark, Bailey Rice, Austin, Joyce, Phillips, Battle, Weller and Paton all pushing their case in the 2s. Our depth appears to be pretty good, and the really good thing is that all of those guys are young (also have the likes of Koby and Armo as well). Sandy have won against Footscray and Geelong which is a great sign.

I think the reality of where we are at right now is that we need our good players to be playing a lot better. Didn't help last week having 2 of our best guys out of the side (I would put Webster and Membrey in our top 5-10 players, then Robbo going down robbed us of another top player). Of our top players, the best performed this season would be Carlisle.

This week we really need Ross, Steven, Billings, Acres to have good games. Basically we don't have a prayer of beating anyone if our top players are playing poorly. This highlights why we need to desperately target Sloane and Gaff because our top-end talent is just so lacking and if a small handful of players are off then we lose badly.

In some ways it might be just as exciting to go and see Sandy take on Port on Sunday, to check out our youngsters. It will be good because we won't have to hold over any players for the firsts game this week too.

Just hoping we're competitive against the Giants - I would be delighted to get within 5 goals considering where we're at right now.

Knocked down the door late last year and is stiff to have not debuted yet. From all reports had a reasonable game on the weekend. May as well give him a go and see if he is up to it.
Just gift an average VFL player a game causr we might as well?

New selection criteria, dont play well, dont have to be up to AFL footy, just get a game for being on the list.

Does he also get a participation ribbon?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Maestro just informed me a reliable source from the giants rekons Kelly is out for 3 weeks. Jeremy Cameron has a toe injury too apparently. Now we just another 24 of their players to fall over and we could almost make a game of this!
we did say that with Geelong and Adelaide to lmao

The Maestro just informed me a reliable source from the giants rekons Kelly is out for 3 weeks. Jeremy Cameron has a toe injury too apparently. Now we just another 24 of their players to fall over and we could almost make a game of this!
7E0F6A4C-D2BA-4A7F-9511-3095B7DEBFE8.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fully expect to be panzed by 10+ goals.:(

What I want see is structures that enable our forwards to have a real chance at plying their craft & pressure that does not consist of crowding so many guys around the ball that as soon as they handball out of the mob, they are free & clear.

Expect I will be disappointed. :mad:

Assuming Marshall is okay

Out: Lonie, Newnes, Gilbert, Roberton (inj)
In: Weller, Clark, Webster, Rice

We have nothing to lose at this point so we might as well see if Rice is the type to step up to a challenge. Webster is basically a younger, better kicking version of Gilbert so let's go with him. We need to pump games into Clark so he comes in for the terribly out of form Newnes. Weller an obvious in for Lonie who is an excellent VFL player.

Battle for Marshall if he is not available.

We will win this week.
Here's why:
- Dal & Roo's words would surely be flowing around the club this week.
- Pressure is mounting on Richo, more then the players. He needs to respond.
- Pressure for spots, Billings, Gresh, Ross, Steven and etc all need to perform.
- GWS will be be weak in terms of running with Kelly, Scully out. Whitfield could be tagged out easily. So we need our runners, Sinclair, Newnes, Billings, Gresh, Long really firing.
- No pressure on Coff but I feel like his going to impact on this game strongly.

Yep but if Marshall and Membrey don't get up we have almost no one.
I prefer a small forward line any way. Bring in Weller and Wright with Paddy as the sole tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back