Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 46th overall, need to keep my ranking and want to get Ablett back as soon as he is ready.

I have $97k in the bank

Ablett > Parker

Leaves me with $467k, then go...

Magner > Ablett in 2/3 weeks.

Thoughts on this decision?

I think you're crazy getting Parker in. Yes he had two big scores in a row, but look at his first 2 rounds. There is a reason why he was priced so low to begin with. Too much of a risk that he will get an avergae score again. You're better off doing a straight swap for a premium mid that doesnt have a super high BE and then u will be able to do the same swap when he comes back. Seems stupid, but if you're going for number 1 then every point counts.

Don't burn re-trades. The winner will handle the byes and have the most trades running in to Round 14.

I assume you have Murphy, Selwood, Mitchell, Stanton already by your rank - so keep them in and use your cover.

No trades for me this week. I have a full team playing so I don't see the need to trade. As much as I would like to get in Treloar, I just dont have a need for him as none of my original cows have ripened yet.

Basic rule of SuperCoach, if you don't NEED to trade, then don't! I think there are too many unnecessary trades going on in here.

No trades for me this week. I have a full team playing so I don't see the need to trade. As much as I would like to get in Treloar, I just dont have a need for him as none of my original cows have ripened yet.

Basic rule of SuperCoach, if you don't NEED to trade, then don't! I think there are too many unnecessary trades going on in here.

You currently have a full team playing ;)
Never know what the team sheets will show. :D

i need some help, sitting 16000 which im pleased about considering i had carrazzo and mumford :| in last week and still managed 2050.
ive traded carrots for michael johnson, am considering keeping mumford for an extra week cause i dont know whats going on with mummy right now?
i want to offload dusty martin but who should i get, keeping in mind i cantake johnson from the backline to foward and then get another defender for martin.
i have $210600 in freebie money.
cheers

Don't burn re-trades. The winner will handle the byes and have the most trades running in to Round 14.

I assume you have Murphy, Selwood, Mitchell, Stanton already by your rank - so keep them in and use your cover.

Usually i would bench Ablett in this situation in terms of his injury, as I only ever worry about league win, but considering I'm top 50 I am going to have to do something here.

My thoughts on Parker is his first two scores were affected by being subbed, and i think he could mount strong case for M6, my current midfield is.

ABLETT, PENDLES, MURPHY, WATSON, MAGNER, MCDONALD

If i get say Mitchell in, its going to be hard to justify trading a Watson to get Ablett back in, my rationale is that if Parker can somehow produce for 2/3 weeks and then i bring in Ablett for Magner, if Parker keeps his form up great, if not an easy upgrade can be done, obviously this is wasting 3 trades, the other option is straight swap for Mitchell and then bring Ablett back in however my team won't have improved in terms of amount of premiums in the mids it will still be 4 and 2 trades down.

I'm torn between idea's here.

Remember that Parker was flattened by Jimmy Mac in the 1st half of Rd 1 (i.e. what McDonald was suspended for) and cracked his jaw. Subbed off by half time and still scored around 58. I assume he was still feeling the effects Rd 2, but now he's flying like he was pre-season. Bargain.

I'm 46th overall, need to keep my ranking and want to get Ablett back as soon as he is ready.

I have $97k in the bank

Ablett > Parker

Leaves me with $467k, then go...

Magner > Ablett in 2/3 weeks.

Thoughts on this decision?

I'm 123rd And will be doing something very similar

Wow, kudos to you guys. That's some seriously good SC'ing. Your proposed Ablett-Magner strategy looks sound, just relying on the Magnet to get a bit more time on the ball, which should happen.

Of course you know, we're all coming after you!

Not trading...Ablett can sit on the bench for a week or so.

Ranked 670th, will cash in on some cows in 3 or 4 weeks, but really just wanting to stay in touch until the byes then start trading aggressively.

Trade ablet for stanton make sure you have money to buy back ablet when he comes back then trade him back in, its not good to have 700k on bench for 2-3 weeks and a rookie scoring 60-80 put you back so many points its only one trade not 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i need some help, sitting 16000 which im pleased about considering i had carrazzo and mumford :| in last week and still managed 2050.
ive traded carrots for michael johnson, am considering keeping mumford for an extra week cause i dont know whats going on with mummy right now?
i want to offload dusty martin but who should i get, keeping in mind i cantake johnson from the backline to foward and then get another defender for martin.
i have $210600 in freebie money.
cheers

swap martin for sidebottom wont loose much money

swap martin for sidebottom wont loose much money

already got the steele man.
ive gone for ablett out stanton in then hoping hargraves stays in form like the weekend so i can trade him out when ablett comes back by putting deledio in the backs then hargrave for ablett?

but more suggestions appreciated
i dont like dusty in the fowards but theres not alot i can do

Thoughts on...
Ledger -> Miles
Dickson -> Treloar
New Salary Cap: $38,300

Already have McDonald, Shiel & Magner in the MIDs and Smith, Kennedy & Hall in the FWDs.

How about those FWD Prems this year huh....:eek:

Not sure if I have faith in Martin anymore, hes lost close to 80k and looks to be a good F7 if that, but I'm already banking on Danger to be that F7.

With $782,400 by trading Martin, I'm thinking Cloke or Sidebottom, can just see the Pies playing better footy once the injury list becomes a bit thinner.

Thoughts on my trading would be appreciated

S.Mumford out for H.Macintosh
J.Kennedy (eagles) out for P.Chapman

New salary cap of 145,000 (increase of 70,000 through trades)

Not sure about trading out Kennedy, may be a knee jerk reaction but hasn't been doing my team any favours.

Also not too sure on Macintosh...

BTW versing my best mate this week so I MUST win ;)

Thoughts on my trading would be appreciated

S.Mumford out for H.Macintosh
J.Kennedy (eagles) out for P.Chapman

New salary cap of 145,000 (increase of 70,000 through trades)

Not sure about trading out Kennedy, may be a knee jerk reaction but hasn't been doing my team any favours.

Also not too sure on Macintosh...

BTW versing my best mate this week so I MUST win ;)
Short answer, bad trades.

Chapman, although being reported as being in better shape (injury wise) this year than last, he has lost a bit from his game. There is a thread over on the Geelong board discussing Chappy if you would like a bit more insight in how is traveling.

As for the Ruck trade, Mumford will average at least 10-20 points more and will have the odd 120pt game. I can see more upside to Mummy, although why he can't get on the park at the moment is frustrating for some but he will come good eventually. I'd suggest Nic Nat who is in good form and would be another POD, Kreuz has started good but got smashed against a good ruck duo last week. FWIW, I went Mumford > Kreuz last week, Sandi was in reach but I needed the POD.

Thoughts on...
Ledger -> Miles
Dickson -> Treloar
New Salary Cap: $38,300

Already have McDonald, Shiel & Magner in the MIDs and Smith, Kennedy & Hall in the FWDs.

You get another look at Miles this week before his price rises so I would hold off on the Ledger > Miles trade for another week.

Dickson > Treloar looks good in my books. :thumbsu:

I've done my Fyfe for Geary, Hurley for Stanton trade. Once Ablett comes back my midfield is going to be Ablett, Joel Selwood, Murphy, Deledio, Josh Kennedy and Stanton.

Stanton lets me do the VC trick this round too, otherwise my only other options would be Steelebottom or Marty Clarke.

I've done my Fyfe for Geary, Hurley for Stanton trade. Once Ablett comes back my midfield is going to be Ablett, Joel Selwood, Murphy, Deledio, Josh Kennedy and Stanton.

Stanton lets me do the VC trick this round too, otherwise my only other options would be Steelebottom or Marty Clarke.

Nice. I like it. :thumbsu:

Nice. I like it. :thumbsu:
Thanks! I was back on forth on trading Fyfe, but I hate the injury worries and I think it's time to cut Hurley loose. Barring long term injury I've got my midfield set for the entire year. Next big move will be to use a cash cow to upgrade a ruck since I went with the 4 rookies and hopefully the slightly overpriced guys like Cox and Mummy will be back down towards a more reasonable price by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back