Autopsy Round 6 2024 – Carlton vs GWS Giants, Saturday April 20, 4.35pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Falling a bit at the last part of the first quarter - umpire bias throughout the quarter not helping either

Similar to last week, the two Lachies have the most disposals and metres gained. Our counterattack is revolving around them. Toby Greene 3 goal assists is being influential up front. But taking a bath in the contest - have to step up that aspect. We're compensating with our pressure game, but can't continue to lose clearances so badly, or it will cost us the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingsley needs to do something to motivate our boys in the last quarter - doesn’t help that in addition to playing a fired up Carlton and Curnow, we are battling a vocal confident home crowd and biased incompetent umpires who are letting the crowd influence their decision making at crucial moments.

C’Mon Giants

That's a killer, missing that shot on the bell. Needed that to arrest the Blues' momentum, and get some good vibes back for the last break. :(

Combination of losing clearances outright, umps handing Blues the upper hand with penalties while giving us nothing, missing some connections and turning it back over to the Blues, and just not being able to defend Curnow/McKay/TDK - basically 6 goals straight to them in that quarter.

Callaghan 's depth perception is a worry.

His kicks across the field to a team mate supposedly in the clear get intercepted or at least spoiled.

Hand passes to team mates under extreme pressure.

Callaghan 's depth perception is a worry.

His kicks across the field to a team mate supposedly in the clear get intercepted or at least spoiled.

Hand passes to team mates under extreme pressure.
I was almost going to make a thread on him. I still might. Where’s he at and what’s his future? I was sure he was going to be a gun. Still should be. But he’s not quite coming in as quickly as I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back