Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Weddle is about to bang! Will also give us some aerial presence on the wings if he plays where his selected

I love the addition of Serong we just need to find the right spread of 193+ players inside our defensive and forward 50.

The game will be won in the midfield and it is time for all the players and coaches to step up in the middle. Ward dropped and Nash to the bench is a shuffling of the deck chairs.

Last edited:

People coming for Chol are incredibly harsh. He’s not a number one key forward and wasn’t recruited to be. He’s a second tall/ruck (which he was doing very well with Lewis up forward)
He’s going to be a great pick up when Lewis comes back (look at his games when Lewis was playing)
Chol has been good this season and has one below par game and people want him dropped yet there’s players that have been well below par this season still getting a game

Chol has been good this season and has one below par game and people want him dropped yet there’s players that have been well below par this season still getting a game
Has everyone forgotten Kossy already?

Obviously Chol has his weaknesses but he is a big upgrade on what we were rolling with last year in regards to second forward / relief ruck options.

He's not the lone ranger. I know last weak ... I mean week... was as low as it gets, but Chol has scarred me. Not only because of his dropped marks, but because of his lethargy & total lack of footy nous. In the last, the ball was in dispute in the fwd pocket. Rather than try & impact the play or present for a handball, he turned his back & nonchalantly walked away. It was like Bizarro world from Seinfeld. Just dumb footy.

Chol is a massive upgrade on Kozi but the reality is we are his third club for a good reason

We used to be a destination club not long ago but now we are seemingly the go to club when clubs want to dump their problem children or get paid way overs in draft picks Wingard, Scully, Paton, Chol and Ginnivan

Sad thing is we are so short on talent that we pretty much have to roll the dice to see if we can make it work. So far only Ginnivan looks to be a decent investment

To add insult to injury, we are also the number one club to go to when player agents want to maximize contracts for their players - McKay, Taylor, Bowes,

when were we a destination club?
We got an out of favour Lake by trade, and frawley....

when were we a destination club?
We got an out of favour Lake by trade, and frawley....
What's your definition of a destination club?

Probably not a complete list and the year is when they were traded in:

Josh Gibson, Shaun Burgoyne (2009)
David Hale (2010)
Jack Gunston (2011)
Brian Lake (2012)
Ben McEvoy, James Frawley (2014)

That's quite a list of players we managed to bring into the club within a short period of time all of which played a big part in the three-peat. I don't care if they were out of favour or what the situation is for them joining the club, the fact remains they chose to come to us as we were a destination club.

What's your definition of a destination club?

Probably not a complete list and the year is when they were traded in:

Josh Gibson, Shaun Burgoyne (2009)
David Hale (2010)
Jack Gunston (2011)
Brian Lake (2012)
Ben McEvoy, James Frawley (2014)

That's quite a list of players we managed to bring into the club within a short period of time all of which played a big part in the three-peat. I don't care if they were out of favour or what the situation is for them joining the club, the fact remains they chose to come to us as we were a destination club.
Gibson was a reserve player and not being seemed by anyone but us - he didn't choose us, he had no other choice

Burgoyne had us and essendon, but the consensus was his knee was shot and he'd never make it. Hardly a marquee signing, and not a line of suitors lining up

Hale - again, noone was chasing him
Was also seen as a part-timer as best

Gunston - ok, maybe a few, I'll pay that one. At the same time though, he was 20 years old, not a superstar

Lake - was on the outer, we traded and took his contract for a nominal trade. He didn't have anyone asking questions so didn't have much choice

McEvoy was collateral in a bunch of stkilda trades. We weren't fighting anyone for him

Frawley- as I said was one

You're a destination club when someone chooses you over multiple other offers - something that has rarely happened

Gibson was a reserve player and not being seemed by anyone but us - he didn't choose us, he had no other choice

Burgoyne had us and essendon, but the consensus was his knee was shot and he'd never make it. Hardly a marquee signing, and not a line of suitors lining up

Hale - again, noone was chasing him
Was also seen as a part-timer as best

Gunston - ok, maybe a few, I'll pay that one. At the same time though, he was 20 years old, not a superstar

Lake - was on the outer, we traded and took his contract for a nominal trade. He didn't have anyone asking questions so didn't have much choice

McEvoy was collateral in a bunch of stkilda trades. We weren't fighting anyone for him

Frawley- as I said was one

You're a destination club when someone chooses you over multiple other offers - something that has rarely happened
Is that the same Josh Gibson that played 22 AFL games in his last year at North?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just going off memory. He played 22 games because of a series of injuries, was last picked. He was the equivalent of Harry morrison for north supporters back then

It wasn't so much that he was not getting games, it was that he was being played as a tagger and in other roles that he did not want to play. He wanted to play as a defender, and North didn't really see a future for him there as one.

Sicily, Serong and Frost all trained in the backline together today. Dimma trained forward.
Do you know if Weddle, Mitchell or Amon trained somewhere other than the backline? Looking at your team you have 8 defenders (Frost, Serong, Sicily, Scrimshaw, Weddle, Impey, Mitchell and Amon) who do you think will be moved out of there? Or could someone like Mitchell be sub

Do you know if Weddle, Mitchell or Amon trained somewhere other than the backline? Looking at your team you have 8 defenders (Frost, Serong, Sicily, Scrimshaw, Weddle, Impey, Mitchell and Amon) who do you think will be moved out of there? Or could someone like Mitchell be sub
Weddle and Amon could easily be moved to the wings.

He's not the lone ranger. I know last weak ... I mean week... was as low as it gets, but Chol has scarred me. Not only because of his dropped marks, but because of his lethargy & total lack of footy nous. In the last, the ball was in dispute in the fwd pocket. Rather than try & impact the play or present for a handball, he turned his back & nonchalantly walked away. It was like Bizarro world from Seinfeld. Just dumb footy.

Chol is a massive upgrade on Kozi but the reality is we are his third club for a good reason

We used to be a destination club not long ago but now we are seemingly the go to club when clubs want to dump their problem children or get paid way overs in draft picks Wingard, Scully, Paton, Chol and Ginnivan

Sad thing is we are so short on talent that we pretty much have to roll the dice to see if we can make it work. So far only Ginnivan looks to be a decent investment

To add insult to injury, we are also the number one club to go to when player agents want to maximize contracts for their players - McKay, Taylor, Bowes,
Chol had one shocker of a game and has been really good aside from that.

I didn't expect much from him as the only Key Forward without Lewis in the team. He's been really good as a second forwrd and relieving ruck.

Chol had one shocker of a game and has been really good aside from that.

I didn't expect much from him as the only Key Forward without Lewis in the team. He's been really good as a second forwrd and relieving ruck.
Is it the forwards fault when the mids get record low stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back