Game Day Round 6 - Bloods v Oranges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windy day - should keep the dew away if it keeps up, shouldn't it? Will help us with Reid, Blakey and Buddy up front.

Their rookie mid Hately dumped after an impressive debut - shows the depth they've got when a kid that good can't get a run at it.

We look a bit slow down back, surely have no business winning this but if Buddy and Reid hit form we are a good chance. Davis must be a chance at a late out - looked to be on one leg at the end of last week.

Don't think we will win but like a lot others say it's more about how we go about it. If we move the ball well and win it could be the catalyst of how we go about it moving forward.

They need a win with fast ball movement to give them the confidence to do it more often.

We are a lot like North. Shot of confidence and have no brand so to speak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we will win but like a lot others say it's more about how we go about it. If we move the ball well and win it could be the catalyst of how we go about it moving forward.

They need a win with fast ball movement to give them the confidence to do it more often.

We are a lot like North. Shot of confidence and have no brand so to speak

I wish I could be that optimistic that a win via attacking footy would assure Horse & co that it works.

Last year we won a free-flowing, high-scoring shoot-out against North, where we actually looked really impressive in one of the games of the season. The next week Horse gave up on that same style after two quarters, and we lost to Gold Coast.

He’s mind-numbingly frustrating because it’s clear he is not against us playing an attacking style. I don’t think he’s a defensive tyrant who wants Swans fans to be bored or miserable. It’s more that defensive footy is his instinctive factory setting, and too often he panics and falls back into factory setting. He needs to realise that we will never get better at hard-running and direct and daring ball movement if he continues to rob us of opportunities to learn in that way.

I am certain we will nail the first 5 minutes and my current ambivalence will soar into an unhealthy optimism which will be painfully trampled back down to earth over the remainder of the match.

Yeah I couldn’t care less if we lose this, just want to see some effort and willingness to be brave when moving the ball. We show that, and I’ll be happy enough (would prefer a win though!)

I'd feel better about this game if we played Stoddart or McInerney out of the back half - and really committed to getting it moving forward quickly.
Maybe AA will be able to help with this with Melican back and taking a big.

Sorry mikey_san, I thought you were right about the dew, but it turns out we were both wrong... The SCG is so close to the ocean that it will always have dew... :(

SCG Weather today:

1556331904481.png

https://sciencing.com/

Factors Affecting Dew Point
Dew points are a way to measure of the amount of moisture in the air, even though they are expressed as a temperature. A similar measure is relative humidity, which is the amount of moisture in the air divided by how much moisture the air can hold. Dew points, unlike relative humidity, are not dependent on temperature, making them a more absolute measure of the water in the air. The dew point also changes with changing pressure, but the small changes in pressure from weather systems or altitude do not have a large impact. Wind does not directly affect either moisture content or pressure.

https://sciencing.com/winds-affect-dew-point-24081.html

I'd feel better about this game if we played Stoddart or McInerney out of the back half - and really committed to getting it moving forward quickly.
Maybe AA will be able to help with this with Melican back and taking a big.

Again I think McInerney would have been a mistake. But agree with the sentiment. We need some pace out of defence. So McInerney didn’t work out, try again. Bring in COR. If COR doesn’t work out, try again. Bring in Stoddart. You don’t just stick a fork in that concept just because the 18 year old debutant couldn’t bring us the pace we needed.

Sigh they will never learn stop playing so many SCG night games, whats wrong with 1:10 on a Saturday or Sunday.

You realise we are considered a primetime club right? This is what we wanted. A byproduct of years of success and signing the best player of the last 25 or so years. Primetime = night time.

In any case, I don’t think we’ll need to worry as we are no longer a must-watch team, so next year I expect us to take over Fremantle and St Kilda’s timeslot of Sunday arvo regulars.

You realise we are considered a primetime club right? This is what we wanted. A byproduct of years of success and signing the best player of the last 25 or so years. Primetime = night time.

In any case, I don’t think we’ll need to worry as we are no longer a must-watch team, so next year I expect us to take over Fremantle and St Kilda’s timeslot of Sunday arvo regulars.
whilst true that our prime time games are a result of our previous success, the swans actually requested more day games this season as more family friendly in sydney. we have more this year then we did last year.

Sigh they will never learn stop playing so many SCG night games, whats wrong with 1:10 on a Saturday or Sunday.
They don't take the ground or the fans into consideration at all. It's only television rights! So FOX and Seven determine when it's played and that's a poor combination at any time...

Pretty much a victim of our own success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back