Preview Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Friday 28th April, 7:50PM AEST *WOOD 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Power

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah nah. I like Caminiti but king on one arm and one leg is miles above him. King kicks bags for fun. I reckon he’s had games where he’s outscored Caminiti with just behinds.
I didnt mean they are competing for the same spot, I would like to fit them both in and play Owens more through the midfield.

There was a young guy on here a few years ago who joined the cheer squad and was in the process of reclaiming it from the miserable old biddies who scowled at anyone who made too much noise (WTF seriously), but I don't know if he's still involved.

I'd love the club to be more proactive about improving our crowds beyond just making the team better, but at the end of the day too much of our support base is content to watch on TV rather than make the trip.
You get truly generational stars playing for St Kilda and the fans and membership's will increase.
Guys like Gary Ablett senior or Tony Lockett drew supporters from different clubs to the ground to see them play.

I really feel we have 2 generational players in our squad atm in Max King and Mitch Owens - they are a work in progress atm but in years to come they will be the guys that will draw the people to the ground.

You get truly generational stars playing for St Kilda and the fans and membership's will increase.
Guys like Gary Ablett senior or Tony Lockett drew supporters from different clubs to the ground to see them play.

I really feel we have 2 generational players in our squad atm in Max King and Mitch Owens - they are a work in progress atm but in years to come they will be the guys that will draw the people to the ground.
I reckon phillipou will be generational

Too express your feelings of dislike for someone or an action.
I'm personally not a booer but if someone is going to then Hinkley should be the guy we boo.
Uh huh.
And then what do you do when someone actually does commit some flog act?
Foam at the mouth, jiggle and squeal?

I reckon people should save the boos for something relevant to the Saints. Bandwagon booing a kid (or his coach for sticking up for him) is about the most pathetic thing I can think of right now.

Looks like Ed Sherin's creepy uncle that thinks he's a wizard druid. A friend loves Prog rock and got us free tickets to Yes about 10 years ago It was an experience. More old guys dressed like gypsy peasant women with bald-patches shining through long grey pony-tails than anywhere else on earth at that moment. It was like Spinal Tapp on acid.

This demonstrates my point.
Friar Tuck rocking out.
Horrible, horrible stuff. ***
I could not wish this on my worst enemy!

This during JT’s Robin Hood/Sheriff of Nottingham period: leather codpieces et al.
Anderson being a total nutter on stage.

*** FYI: This is the style Dard Ball Get and George would project, except both discovered the Telly Savalas look instead.

IMG_0062.jpeg

This demonstrates my point.
Friar Tuck rocking out.
Horrible, horrible stuff. ***
I could not wish this on my worst enemy!

This during JT’s Robin Hood/Sheriff of Nottingham period: leather codpieces et al.
Anderson being a total nutter on stage.

*** FYI: This is the style Dard Ball Get and George would project, except both discovered the Telly Savalas look instead.

View attachment 1671620

haha, the only thing missing from that JT performance was an 18" high Stone Henge prop with two midget druids dancing around it !! :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port give me war vet type flashbacks, so I really want to win this game.

Once I realised Robbie Gray isn't playing for them anymore, I looked at our season after we played them last year in Rd 7.. We were 5-1 and they were 1-5... after this game we only went on to beat:

Geelong (R9) - Their last loss of the year
Adelaide (R10) - When they were half the team they are now

After the bye we beat:
North, Eagles and Hawks - Everyone was beating them, although you could argue we played poorly and would have lost against another team
Carlton - When they were bottling their finals ambitions

You could argue we had 2 games against Brisbane that we could have won, and went close to Sydney in the final game. But there were some monumental losses in that period.

My rational mind is telling me that RTB has this team sorted, but my irrational mind is going back to last year and how pivotal this game turned out to be... I am just glad it's not being played in Cairns.

Uh huh.
And then what do you do when someone actually does commit some flog act?
Foam at the mouth, jiggle and squeal?

I reckon people should save the boos for something relevant to the Saints. Bandwagon booing a kid (or his coach for sticking up for him) is about the most pathetic thing I can think of right now.
Lucky I have the right to choose what I do and have to wear the consequences.
Just like you get to have an opnion about what I said without me having a sook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back