Prediction Round 7: Changes Vs Geelong + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If they've just had COVID (and they'd be playing if they didnt), there's almost no chance they get it again this weekend.

I'd hope they play even if only 1/2 a game, especially against the WC team
I think they are better off being cautious with them. Tiredness and reduced lung capacity can hang around for a few weeks. Push them too hard and they might not get back to 100% for awhile.

I got covid recently and I don’t think I am ever going to go for a run again.

Did you see JL in that footage, realise he stepped into the field and then went back and took a big confident step into it? I wonder if there is some sort of white line mantra going from all involved. They are certainly leaving nothing behind after a game.
Yeh what was that ?
Some interesting physcology going on there
I’m intrigued?!

I think the difference in ground dimensions between Optus and Marvel are bigger than the difference between Marvel and Geelong. We played alright at Marvel.

Considering how many of our goals at Marvel were with run and carry in wide open space, an extra bounce before the exact same thing happening shouldn't be an issue.

The extra length of the ground will make our speedy players out the back to goal even harder to catch if they press their defense up higher.

That’s the issue, Geelong don’t press the defense up, they rarely get goals kicked against them out the back.

Jordan Clark

Attachments

• CDF252C2-4351-4D92-A223-E67CE42ADE7A.png
    CDF252C2-4351-4D92-A223-E67CE42ADE7A.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 238
Jordan Clark

I live in Geelong. They will totally boo him. He’s going to need security

I would agree with King but the kick-mark endless switch game plan is what Geelong had been running for like the last 5 years.
And to be fair, Fremantle struggle against these game plans. West coast and Hawthorn were the same. Cannot allow Geelong to settle and allow Stewart to play kick to kick

I thought Carlton looked better than us on paper and same for Geelong. But we cleaned up Carlton by 35 so who the hell knows. It will be super speed vs big, strong, experienced warriors. We'll see which one gets up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This ground has always been a difficult ground to play on - for most teams over many years. With the key personnel missing for us, we will be a very, very long shot to pull this off. But if we do, then there's no more flying under the radar - the lid is completely blown to pieces and forgotten.

I thought Carlton looked better than us on paper and same for Geelong. But we cleaned up Carlton by 35 so who the hell knows. It will be super speed vs big, strong, experienced warriors. We'll see which one gets up.
Its a ripper of a measuring stick this game, if the whole team contributes like last week we will be a proper headache for them.

I thin they've won something like 100 of their last 113 games at the Cattery.
Let's keep them on the century!
Freo by a bee's dick

Wonder if Scott will put a tag on Brayshaw. There's a few over 30's in their midfield and no Dangerfield doesn't give them that blast straight out of stoppages.

In the past players like Narkle and Menegola have complimented their older mids and have played important roles.

I'm going to suggest we have a harder running midfield. Ruck battle is hard to pick because Stanley and Blicavs are great runners and may add something extra for them around the ground.

I thin they've won something like 100 of their last 113 games at the Cattery.
Let's keep them on the century!
Freo by a bee's dick
That stat is a bit misleading, in that they rarely play certain clubs at KP.

Haven't played Collingwood there since 1999. Hawthorn: once in 2020 (i.e. once Hawthorn became crap) but otherwise, no games there since 2006 (i.e. none during the 2012-2016 period). Richmond? Not since 2017, which, admittedly was when they came good and they still lost it, but otherwise during the "dynasty", no games at KP. St Kilda? No games at KP 2005-2012.

Not suggesting there's no HGA for Geelong, or that they don't play very, very well there, but the win percentage at KP is at least a little skewed by the quality of opposition that is routinely sent to play them there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back