VFL Round 7 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval (Pies WON 72-47, replay in OP #BurgersIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Been thinking
Wills and seir going forward what's the value?

Seir s worth is at least the equivalent of where we drafted

Gonna suggest there's a high pick trade available if we want

Essendon
St Kilda
Dogs
Hawks
Blues
Suns
All would love him
Imo Exactly what they all need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet people have said sier has been good, why the difference

Should of Dominated and Won Big but I felt we where Outplayed but we had enough class to get over the Line

Not sure of your point but as big sized mids I am putting Wills Sier and Greenwood in the same category. Personally if one of them comes in next week I'd be happy to stick with the tried and true Greenwood.

I think that would be a terrible option.

Our AFL team peaked against Adelaide. We blitzed em with quick and precise ball movement, an unusual trait for us. We blitzed em cause, for us, we had an unusually low cohort of our slow grunters and turnover merchants. Since then we have brought into the team Adams, Mayne, and at times Blairy. The number of slow and poor ball users have gone up, our silk factor and general performance has gone down. The last thing we need in the team is yet another slow moving tried and true turnover merchant - Greenwood. Frankly I wouldn't play him again at AFL level, save for a tagging job. Lets give the kids a go. At least at VFL level, they dont show the same disposal issues that Greenwood has always shown

OK I'm going to say it. Wills and Sier handball way too much. If they want to make an impact in senior football they need to kick to advantage. Need to work on metres gained.

FFS metres gained again?

Give me a player who hits a target by hand (Diesel) over a headless chook any day.

OK I'm going to say it. Wills and Sier handball way too much. If they want to make an impact in senior football they need to kick to advantage. Need to work on metres gained.
Maybe so, but Sier handballs very accurately and creatively from in close. Very few of his handballs did not connect with a player who then usually kicked to advantage. I agree that he will need to dispose more by foot to impact long term, but he has shown enough to justify an AFL debut.

Whilst Im not a massive fan of the grossly overvalued metres gained stat, I do agree with this. OF course they are inside beasts whose stock in trade is hand passing, but several times today they could have kicked when they chose to handball, and I thought they sometimes hand passed to a player in a worse position then they were in. I do think they will look a lot more effective at AFL level if they are hand passing to a running Wells, WHE, Stephenson, Murray etc rather then the VFL boys, but both need to develop a better outside game. Sier in particular seems to have decent pace and a decent kick. He needs to use it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back