The Saints goal kicking. .Gotta fix it very deflating for the team

Liked:
Tigers (of course)
Mason Wood is a star in the making, big wraps on this kid

Dislike:
Essendon are pewtch

Learnt:
Fyfe is the best in the comp, bloke is a freak

Liked: West Coast smashing Port +40 in CP.

Hated: The Crows fitness dept. Hamstrings are going to kill our season and all because we sourced our conditioning staff from the bargain bin.

Learned: North aren't totally shithouse afterall. They could actually make the 8 if they remain free of injuries.

Liked: Cox, Phillips, DeGoey and Stephenson combining to get Collingwood out of a pickle.
Hated: Umpires, always the bloody umpires!
Learnt: Richmond, at Round 7, are so far ahead of the comp it looks lie a one-horse race.

Liked.

• Nat Fyfe. I would have loved to see him play as a FF in the 80s or 90s. Wouldve been like Modra, but better.
  • Carlton
  • Essendon
  • 20% more than West Coast. Great game coming up next week and a test for both sides.

Learnt.
  • North are inspired and I wouldn't be surprised if they knock of my team this week.
  • Brisbane. They wont finish bottom. Saints might though, would that be their 30th spoon?

Hated

• What's to hate?

Liked:
  • Winning

Hated:
  • Hawkin's brain fade
  • Congestion

Learnt:
  • GWS has no depth.
  • The football media is full of s**t - e.g., in one post game report a "journalist" named all the missing GWS players from Friday night's game, and went on to say Geelong was missing a few, naming just 3.
  • Richmond can do no wrong and on the MCG currently has no peer

To be fair when I look at best 22 players Ive got 8 out for GWS and 5 for Geelong.
But yes...being an interstate side I know that feeling well where they just gloss over your team and focus on the other one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked:
  • Winning

Hated:
  • Hawkin's brain fade
  • Congestion

Learnt:
  • GWS has no depth.
  • The football media is full of s**t - e.g., in one post game report a "journalist" named all the missing GWS players from Friday night's game, and went on to say Geelong was missing a few, naming just 3.
  • Richmond can do no wrong and on the MCG currently has no peer
Pre-game channel 7 the commentators went on at length how we couldn't win the flag because we cant get past PF's. The fact you have the same record wasn't worthy of mention. Supporters of Vic teams have no idea of Nuffie press.

Last edited:
Pre-game channel 7 the commentators went on at length how we couldn 'twin the flag because we cant get past PF's. The fact you have the same record was'n't worthy of mention. Supporters of Vic teams have no idea of Nuffie press.

Fair criticism, except we do know about the VIC media being worthless (those who are on the telly), and for the rest of the Vic radio and print media... they are worthless a bit less than half of the time.

Not a state issue, mind you.

Fair criticism, except we do know about the VIC media being worthless (those who are on the telly), and for the rest of the Vic radio and print media... they are worthless a bit less than half of the time.

Not a state issue, mind you.
True
But there are some who just take cheapshots seeking populism. I get the TV commentators aren't really meant to be serious journalists but they piss me off nevertheless. Honestly Gerard Wheately is about the only one I take seriously, his interview with Leon regarding our outs was depressing, but it was a valid opinion.

To be fair when I look at best 22 players Ive got 8 out for GWS and 5 for Geelong.
But yes...being an interstate side I know that feeling well where they just gloss over your team and focus on the other one.
Best 22 for Geelong - outs are Ablett, Henderson, Taylor, Guthrie, Menzel, Cockatoo & S Selwood. Could argue Parfitt too = 8

Do you feel at all uneasy bragging about how many players you have in rehab?
Extremely! Heads should roll. It seems every week someone falls and every week there is a late team change due to injury

Extremely! Heads should roll. It seems every week someone falls and every week there is a late team change due to injury
I actually meant maybe some empathy for the players involved. Attached is an article from Tom Scully regarding this round 2 injury. Only one of our guys because I follow them closely. I know there are similar stories at every club. Tim Broomehead mentioned in the article and the horrible collision injury to Sandilands are a couple of examples.
https://www.playersvoice.com.au/tom-scully-loud-crack-season-changed/

Frankly it doesn't make me want to brag about how many more games we'd win if he was fit. It makes me want to wish him a speedy recovery.

Best 22 for Geelong - outs are Ablett, Henderson, Taylor, Guthrie, Menzel, Cockatoo & S Selwood. Could argue Parfitt too = 8

Cant count Selwood and Ablett given one got injured on the weekend and one is now available.
One way or the other.

FWIW Selwood not listed on AFL.com.au injury list.

Cant count Selwood and Ablett given one got injured on the weekend and one is now available.
One way or the other.

FWIW Selwood not listed on AFL.com.au injury list.
Scott Selwood was out with concussion on Saturday.... and I was referring to who was out last week. Ablett should come back this weekend, as will Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back