Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramsden starts the game.

Weddle to the half forward line, to provide a mobile target.

Dear to FF.

Meek solo rucking against English all game will be rough on him. Ramsden to take the taps in the F50, so Meek can set up and help create the wall. Might reduce his need to run all over the field and keep up with English too.

Serong keeps his spot and/or Phillips comes in.

Darcy, Naughton and JUH (if he's playing?) will be too much. I think Weddle would be a good matchup for JUH, but I think he could be of more use trying to be a hit-up target.

Phillips has to come in basically because he's tall and can catch a sherrin.

Our list is full of holes tbh.

Lets redraft Fergus and pretend it's last years game.

Ginnivan Phillips Moore
Gunston Weddle ? Nash

Could we bring back Ward or even give Stephens a game to see if he might improve in a 'real' game and move Nash forward?

Thats pretty much the tallest combo I can find that doesn't involve Reeves standing stock still in the goal square and not moving!

I have no idea why I'm going Sunday, but I'm pretty sure it will be memorable

Ginnivan Phillips Moore
Gunston Weddle ? Nash

Could we bring back Ward or even give Stephens a game to see if he might improve in a 'real' game and move Nash forward?

Thats pretty much the tallest combo I can find that doesn't involve Reeves standing stock still in the goal square and not moving!

Stephens

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

I think I'm all aboard the F-Train.

Send Frost to FF.

If our performances all year, including preseason, are anything to go by then we will be getting spanked. So we might as well make it an entertaining game for the fans.

Ginnivan Phillips Moore
Gunston Weddle ? Nash

Stephens didn't play last weekend for Box Hill as he was being managed. He's played minimal games all year.

I think I'm all aboard the F-Train.

Send Frost to FF.

If our performances all year, including preseason, are anything to go by then we will be getting spanked. So we might as well make it an entertaining game for the fans.
I am always entertained when Frosty has the ball.... to be fair he has been good this season with ball in hand

Why not challenge the Chol decision?? Hogan challenged and got off the exact same thing…

This game could really be ugly for us with no established key forwards in the side… hard to feel any sort of optimism about this season at this point… it’s crumbling right away and the only light at the end of the tunnel is pick 2…

Why not challenge the Chol decision?? Hogan challenged and got off the exact same thing…

This game could really be ugly for us with no established key forwards in the side… hard to feel any sort of optimism about this season at this point… it’s crumbling right away and the only light at the end of the tunnel is pick 2…
I don’t know what we stand to lose by challenging.

I’d make the case that there wasn’t enough force to constitute an offence and that the player going to ground had made a dive.

Ramsden starts the game.

Weddle to the half forward line, to provide a mobile target.

Dear to FF.

Meek solo rucking against English all game will be rough on him. Ramsden to take the taps in the F50, so Meek can set up and help create the wall. Might reduce his need to run all over the field and keep up with English too.

Serong keeps his spot and/or Phillips comes in.

Darcy, Naughton and JUH (if he's playing?) will be too much. I think Weddle would be a good matchup for JUH, but I think he could be of more use trying to be a hit-up target.
That sounds like the most likely outcome, certainly most rational.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet Ginnivan getting shoved to ground from behind whilst ball not in play during the Gold Coast game wasn't even a free kick. Has anyone ever been reporting for a shove to the chest? Of course it had to happen to the club where a player got done for an attempted strike. Don't care if Chol has a niggle and won't play regardless - back him in and let the AFL know the club isn't a pushover on this sort of thing.

Yet Ginnivan getting shoved to ground from behind whilst ball not in play during the Gold Coast game wasn't even a free kick. Has anyone ever been reporting for a shove to the chest? Of course it had to happen to the club where a player got done for an attempted strike. Don't care if Chol has a niggle and won't play regardless - back him in and let the AFL know the club isn't a pushover on this sort of thing.
Agreed but it seems we are that club.
I’m sure the club has their reasons for not challenging, I’m sure I’m not the only one that would love to hear what that reason is.

If Lewis isn't fit why the hell aren't we contesting the Chol suspension?

Why aren't we contesting it regardless? Not much in it.

I think I've decided to watch less of our games live for my mental health. And for my family. I wasn't horrible on Sunday but I'm hindsight I was extra snappy at my 4 year old when he hadn't done a lot wrong.

My Mum and Nan are heading down to the game this weekend, so I just hope the effort is there and it doesn't become a wasted trip for them.
I find it a little easier now i am at peace with where we ae at

Chol has been far from our biggest issue this year, the supporters booing him this past weekend were ridiculous.
As someone who bets and observes. He has all the tools to be a star. Just seems to lack effort and looks lazy alot of the time.

Would be great for him to turn it around as he has all the tools to be a jet.

Any truth to the rumour Sammy gave a massive spray to the players after Sunday?

Are we tanking or something? This is just baffling.

Would have to say no, because what is there to tank for?

No generational kids at the pointy end of the draft like previous seasons. We'll still get a great player regardless though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back