Trades Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

So do we assume Danger is out next week?

I’m in a tough spot. Got the Libba issue but also have Adams and Danger and basically no cash in the bank.

Ok.

If I go Clark to Lockhart, then look at a Libba upgrade, I have 616K to play with.

Am I completely insane (well, I probably am, but let's be nice) to do this ?

Libba DPP with Atkins. J Ross comes back into M8, Atkins on the bench with Hayes.
R Marshall in.

He shares the same bye week as English (who may not last until then - but is doing well currently). So not ideal.

But other options are: J Cameron (not sure I could select this campaigner), Dunkley, D Smith, J Martin, J De Goey.....

I actually love Marshall, and is one I've been keen on for weeks. Was a toss up between him and Dahl, and ultimately went Dahl. Then Marshall got injured, so it sort of balanced out, but still think he's a top 6 forward if he keeps rucking the way he is

I have Adams and a potential out in Dangerfield. Added to that is Libba.

If Danger is out for the week then I can swing Rozee up forward and play him for a week in the forward line.

My main issue is that I have zero cash as I spent it all going Constable to Adams last week. Now I need to trade him straight back out.

If I was to straight swap Adams and Libba to players in the same price ranges then the best can do is something like a combination of say Guthrie and one of the mids in that price range that includes Mundy, Redden, Shuey, Gibbs, Wines, Ebert, Robinson, Sheils, Devon Smith (just short of getting Yeo).

Not the greatest, but it would plug a hole.

The other option I am looking at is to trade out Libba for Baker via Kelly/Boak etc into the mids. Means I would be fielding Miers and Baker in the forward line for a week or two. This then gives me the cash to go Adams to any mid apart from Cripps. Obvious options are Gaff, Treloar, Merrett and Matt Crouch plus Yeo for value (would give me $135k in the bank).

If I did the Guthrie trade then I would have to field one of Stack/Hayes in the mids.

Thoughts?

Down to five rookies on field (including Walsh) after trades this week. Plan to upgrade Hore next week to move to 4. Will push for no rookies (other than Walsh) by the Byes and then use the Byes to upgrade under performing premiums. Drew and Butters out this week for me. Bringing Answerth in at this stage.

Operation "Don't field the whole Port Power team" in action this week. Burton and Duursma to make way for Yeo and Lockhart at this stage. Leaves me with 97k in the bank and I am pretty set on these moves provided there is no mid-week carnage. Witherden has been handed his show-cause notice. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of the slippery conditions on the weekend, but his scoring hasn't been great regardless. If Dunkley gives a good account of himself next week he might make his way back and I'll swing Daniel to my defense. Otherwise I'll be targeting Kelly. Willem Drew's time is up come next week. Keeping a close eye on Constable/Scrimshaw as well.

Fantasy Team Round 7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slipped out of the top 1000 after an awful week. Danger captain + Steele, Bray, Sic doing nothing.

Tempted to go Bray/Steele out to Treloar/Yeo this week but means I hold Drew, Rozee, Petru, Constable or Parker a week longer than I'd like. Need to move these on sooner rather than later

Ziebell has spent 100% of game time as a midfielder in the past two rounds - up from just 7% in Rnds 1-5. An obvious change in role. He is way under the odds. #SuperCoach #AFLFantasy

Jack Ziebell's centre bounce involvement - Rnds 1-5 = 9%. Rnds 6-7 = 79%.
1f9d0.png
#SuperCoach #AFLFantasy

Not sure I could go through with it, but if you are someone like me who is looking for some value then he may be worth a flyer.

Ziebell has spent 100% of game time as a midfielder in the past two rounds - up from just 7% in Rnds 1-5. An obvious change in role. He is way under the odds. #SuperCoach #AFLFantasy

Jack Ziebell's centre bounce involvement - Rnds 1-5 = 9%. Rnds 6-7 = 79%.
1f9d0.png
#SuperCoach #AFLFantasy

Not sure I could go through with it, but if you are someone like me who is looking for some value then he may be worth a flyer.

Definitely looks like he could be trending up. Will put him on the radar.

Changed my mind on Sheppard, thinking this instead:

Libba -> Guthrie
Drew -> Hately/Hayes

Leaves me with over 300k for next week to upgrade Scrimshaw to Laird or Gibbons to T Kelly (depending on which line I want to improve). Or maybe get Yeo.

How confident are we with Guthrie staying in the Midfield?
Seems like a good buy if he continues with his time in the middle, and low BE.

I am down to 5 rookies including Walsh after this weeks trades. 1 fwd, 2 mids, 2 defenders
So far it's Petru > Young via DPP and Libba > Yeo. Leaves me 9k.

Rocky or Bray > Yeo.

Don’t know who I would want til the end of the year. But Rocky just seems average with Wine back. And Bray is just average because Melbourne is average. Leaning towards Bray as Melbourne are too good of a team to be where they are.

Give Bray one more week against Gold Coast and find someone else to go to Yeo. If rocky or bray to yeo is your worst problem then your team must be traveling nicely.

What a disastrous round. Would Love to trade Rocky, Brayshaw and Libba, but have to settle on one this week.

Duursma ----> Hind (Think he will get named, if not will switch to another rookie)
Libba ----> Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back