Trades Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know but the plan was to trade Fantasia instead of big Tex. At least Tex is capable of a big score every now and then
Fair enough mate.

Tex is about to lose a lot of cash though, if you hold him now you're losing a lot of the gain he's made. The Crows have a bad run of games and look to be running out of steam to me.

Go with your gut though :thumbsu:

Fair enough mate.

Tex is about to lose a lot of cash though, if you hold him now you're losing a lot of the gain he's made. The Crows have a bad run of games and look to be running out of steam to me.

Yeah you’re probably right. Just feel he has only really had one poor score so far. Will give him another week in the showdown and hope he can kick a few.

I also think Fantasia might go well this week. So he gets another chance too. Gulden I think is gassed and ready to be upgraded.

Chap to May
Gulden to Jelly

Fair enough mate.

Crows get Sloane back
Tex could kick 5, could kick none
Both sides lift for a derby
Even with an 80 game he'll drop ballpark 20k
Gulden has dropped ballpark 20k in last two weeks.
Tom Mitchell has dropped 100k
Jake Lloyd has dropped 90k

Plenty of swings in cash both ways

Crows get Sloane back
Tex could kick 5, could kick none
Both sides lift for a derby
Even with an 80 game he'll drop ballpark 20k
Gulden has dropped ballpark 20k in last two weeks.
Tom Mitchell has dropped 100k
Jake Lloyd has dropped 90k

Plenty of swings in cash both ways
Yep fair play.

I don't have Tex, so don't mind coaches holding, especially if he spuds it/does his calf. Just my opinion.

Tricky because now is the time to trade Tex.

I'd probably try to save the trade and wait a week on a week on RCD.

Guess it depends what the plan is with mid pricers like Heppell, Jiath, Atkins? Are you going to upgrade them or do you feel like they can last a while?

But you're ranked higher than me so you should probably just go with your gut as it's working.

I don't really want to go early on RCD but I think he will get a group of games look at Mansell. Dimma isn't one to change things up too much and if players are doing their role then JS is pretty good. Plus to trade Tex this week there isn't many rookie options and it allows me to swing Robertson from M9 to F6. Not sure on the mid pricers yet it will all depend on their scoring and injuries.

May has never played 22 games in a season - (only 17/17 last year - in all likelihood he wouldn't have gone 22/22)

I don't know why people are targeting him
As of last week May had an ownership of 1% ......now I'm not suggesting there's some point chasing going on, but why have so many not brought May in B4 .....after all, he was cheaper last week than this week :think:

Are all the other 99% of Coaches knowing something we don't ? .......or TBF maybe Coach's here are getting in on the ground floor

PS most coach's had Luke McDonald :padlock: ....even though he only had one year of SP scoring ...there was to be a new Coach and a new gameplan .....the moral of the story; beware of players with short tem scoring jumps, that are inconsistent with their histories

As of last week May had an ownership of 1% ......now I'm not suggesting there's some point chasing going on, but why have so many not brought May in B4 .....after all, he was cheaper last week than this week :think:

Are all the other 99% of Coaches knowing something we don't ? .......or TBF maybe Coach's here are getting in on the ground floor

PS most coach's had Luke McDonald :padlock: ....even though he only had one year of SP scoring ...there was to be a new Coach and a new gameplan .....the moral of the story; beware of players with short tem scoring jumps, that are inconsistent with their histories
His BE was about 138, so we were all expecting him to drop a bit more in price. Then the campaigner beats it.

A few coaches would have traded him out thinking he was out for 4 weeks so that would of affected his ownership. Also at his starting price i don’t think he was anywhere near as enticing as it is now. Similar to a Brayshaw. I don’t think he would be in nearly as many teams as he is now if he stayed at his starting price rather than dropping to 480k

shuss.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't speak for everyone but May had a b/e of 139 and most people were hoping to pick him up for sub 390k this week. Common sense said that he would not make that 139 b/e not because he can't score 139 but because Dees were playing North and nobody thought that it would be a competitive game or that the ball would be down May's end much. As it turned out North were competitive and May was kept busy. Go figure.

The moral of the story is that Luke McDonald got injured after playing every game of the year for 3 of the previous 4 years?

I don't speak for everyone but May had a b/e of 139 and most people were hoping to pick him up for sub 390k this week. Common sense said that he would not make that 139 b/e not because he can't but because Dees were playing North and nobody thought that it would be a competitive game or that the ball would be down May's end much.
Given May was $407K last week, do you think the $17K estimated drop impacted plans ..... $407K was still bloody cheap

The moral of the story is that Luke McDonald got injured after playing every game of the year for 3 of the previous 4 years?
yes, but we still saw in the match he played and PS, that his role would be different ......all I'm saying, is when a club gets a new Coach and gameplan, you shouldn't assume his role the previous half year, would continue

Given May was $407K last week, do you think the $17K estimated drop impacted plans ..... $407K was still bloody cheap

Yes $407k was still cheap but there were other trades that took priority last week, you should know this. But since you've seemingly already forgotten, I'll refersh your memory. Forward lines were thrown into disarray last week with Dusty missing and Dunkley dead whilst Chappy was playing and had an achievable b/e and May a high b/e it made perfect sense to put that trade on hold for a week and to deal with sideways trading Dunkley and maybe even do a downgrade with a second trade to obtain the 120k-140k+ upgrade cash that would be required to even do Chappy > May the following week. Others also had Neale to deal with. Duh.

I don't really want to go early on RCD but I think he will get a group of games look at Mansell. Dimma isn't one to change things up too much and if players are doing their role then JS is pretty good. Plus to trade Tex this week there isn't many rookie options and it allows me to swing Robertson from M9 to F6. Not sure on the mid pricers yet it will all depend on their scoring and injuries.
I’m thinking of going early on RCD as well. I mean Jones and Finn Macrae didn’t work out so third time lucky.

Anyone have any idea what Dusty would be at after say a 90 this week and then another similar score the following week? Wanting to bring him in either next or the following week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back