Preview Round 8 v Fremantle Sunday May 5th 1pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

how about kmac2
bird parrot GIF

McAuliffe... sounds like Macaw.... how about parrot?!?!?!

What are we selecting forwards based on? .... clearly not performance the week previous ... Mansell and Campbell didn't kick a goal in April ... Coulthard and Kosi kick seven between them but we select Green and Samson who kicked two between them last week

Clearly we are tanking, right?

Campbell is just fine at running lol ... needs to kick some goals and lay some tackles in the 2s
Green played a bit of Midfield last week and i picked him to play earlier in the thread before the team's were announced. I think the MC has finally woken up that they need speed in the guts. He may rotate with MRJ I hope.

Last edited:
Green played a bit of Midfield last week and i picked him to play earlier the thread before the team's were announced. I think the MC has finally woken up that they need speed in the guts. He may rotate with MRJ I hope.
You reckon Green could play AFL mid?

Green played a bit of Midfield last week and i picked him to play earlier the thread before the team's were announced. I think the MC has finally woken up that they need speed in the guts. He may rotate with MRJ I hope.
I don't think we see Green, especially not as a mid. You'd have to hope Sonsie and McAuliffe were ahead of him as mids.

I don't think we see Green, especially not as a mid. You'd have to hope Sonsie and McAuliffe were ahead of him as mids.
We need pace as Dow is too slow and he needs blokes with pace to release to. KMAC2 should hopefully fill in for TT atm and Sonsie and/or MRJ get the rotations with Green AND/or Dow. Green was excellent last week and he won a lot of footy. I know IT'S A MASSIVE RISE IN CLASS, but we need try things out as atm nothing is working.

Not sure why the club would bother trying to bring back Short straight away, have they learnt nothing from Hopper & Prestia injures? FFS Also Naismith on the interchange? named with Ryan, why do we name 2 rucks when only 1 will play. Are we trying to be clever? It's not clever its ******* shithouse.

Huh? They name 3 blokes on I/C who won’t make the 23. They might be waiting on the final weather outlook before deciding on more of a pure ruck or a ruck/fwd in Ryan. I don’t see how naming Ryan and Naismith on extended bench is any different from naming Sonsie and McAuliffe who are both mids ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Huh? They name 3 blokes on I/C who won’t make the 23. They might be waiting on the final weather outlook before deciding on more of a pure ruck or a ruck/fwd in Ryan. I don’t see how naming Ryan and Naismith on extended bench is any different from naming Sonsie and McAuliffe who are both mids ??

There's no way we will be playing all 3 of Nank, Naismith & Ryan. So why even bother naming all 3? Naming mids is completely different because they can play other positions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo has Treacy, Amiss and Jackson… can’t see any possible way Young doesn’t play.

IMO : Short, Sonsie, Ryan, Young
Sub: Green

Where do you think Shorty will play? I think they're going to give him the high half forward role Graham normally plays.

Freo has Treacy, Amiss and Jackson… can’t see any possible way Young doesn’t play.

IMO : Short, Sonsie, Ryan, Young
Sub: Green

sadly Short straight back IN.

We've lost Hopper & JG, who both played mid last week. Baker spent time there too. Sonzee probably gets the nod.

What are we selecting forwards based on? .... clearly not performance the week previous ... Mansell and Campbell didn't kick a goal in April ... Coulthard and Kosi kick seven between them but we select Green and Samson who kicked two between them last week

Clearly we are tanking, right?

Campbell is just fine at running lol ... needs to kick some goals and lay some tackles in the 2s
Ryan has kicked 8 in 3 weeks he has form.

I don't think anyone is demanding Cumberland gets a game, (Groupie, but piss taking me thinks), more inquiring why not.

We have forwards who haven't kicked a goal in 3 and 5 weeks. We kicked 5 in total last week, so you'd think that trying something new in the forward line might be a good idea. This week Green maybe, but he's kicked 2 goals in total this season. Not against giving him a crack, but he's not a goal kicker, 8 goals in 19 VFL matches most as a forward.
Maybe they will give Ryan a crack this week, which would good to have a look at.

Meanwhile Cumberland, who has at least some AFL credits up his sleeve, is nowhere to be seen. I would not be normally putting his name up after average form, but he is worth a look at again.

I think the loudest voices here are the detractors, which is weird.
thing is cumbo never shoulda been out of the afl team. it was dimmer's cooked brain that pointlessly started that

plus all the alternatives also do diddly squat at both levels so may as well give him a 4-6 week block while we have no other uninjured forwards on the list
RT your post would have merit if this was applied across the board, did Mansell, Campbell, Banks and Lefau play consistently good in the ressies before being promoted. The short Answer is no. All gifted games

Even Rioli Junior did nothing in the preseason to warrant being picked. But last few games has played well and deserves his place but i cant say the same for Campbell and Mansell.

Cumbo's defensive has been very good. He has effectively played 3 games. 1 game was the bye and the other injured and out since 2nd quarter. So 3 goals in 3 games. Ave a goal a game.

Hows Mansell going in his 6 games = 3 goals. Campbell 3 goals in 7 games.
People can't, on one hand, demand that players get dropped for poor form, then on the other hand demand someone gets promoted on the back of poor form. Noah's form hasn't been good at VFL level, he's been very inconsistent across games and you only need to read Morris' player notes to see that.

As I mentioned this morning, last weeks game against Casey is something that Noah needs to produce for 3-4 weeks in a row to demand he gets at least considered for selection. I want Noah to succeed as much as anyone does, because the more young players that can step up the less holes we need to fill moving forward. To do that Noah has to find consistency from quarter to quarter and from game to game. At the moment his impact on games varies wildly from quarter to quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back